Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 126

Thread: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty[W:101]

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty[W:101]

    Sen. Rand Paul said Sunday that former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden does not deserve the death penalty or life in prison even though he broke the law in leaking thousands of classified documents outlining U.S. surveillance programs.
    “I think that’s inappropriate and I think that’s why he fled, because that’s what he faced,” Paul said onFace the Nation.


    Paul, a libertarian and potential 2016 presidential candidate, said Friday he plans to lead a class action lawsuit against the NSA over its data collection programs. Paul claims that hundreds of thousands of supporters have signed on to his lawsuit thanks to the information brought to light by the former NSA contractor.

    I think, really, in the end,” Paul told ABC, “history’s going to judge that he revealed great abuses of our government and great abuses of our intelligence community.”


    Read more @: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn't deserve the death penalty | MSNBC

    Good for Rand! This is one of those rare circumstances I actually agree with Rand Paul! This NSA **** is really bringing people from all across the political spectrum together!


  2. #2
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    I just posted this in my thread, the enemy within, which both Rand Paul and Snowden are.
    Physics is Phun

  3. #3
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Paul erred in assuming that the death penalty was ever a viable option. Politically speaking it would prove to be an absolute nightmare for the Obama administration. Of course the actual quote stated that Snowden did not deserve the death penalty or life in prison. Despite the emotional appeal that Snowden presents, swiping thousands of classified documents for his own use merits as much.

  4. #4
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    I think you'd either sue him or the NSA, shouldn't be right to do both.
    مثلي مثلك

  5. #5
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I just posted this in my thread, the enemy within, which both Rand Paul and Snowden are.
    Oh dear lord. How is America going to survive like this. I tell ya, with people that think this way, we're almost certainly going to hell in a clothes basket (hand basket, whatever).

  6. #6
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Paul erred in assuming that the death penalty was ever a viable option. Politically speaking it would prove to be an absolute nightmare for the Obama administration. Of course the actual quote stated that Snowden did not deserve the death penalty or life in prison. Despite the emotional appeal that Snowden presents, swiping thousands of classified documents for his own use merits as much.
    Um, they were very much for my use too. And yours despite the fact that you don't recognize that. I happen to appreciate his work, and only hope in the end that there's more people that agree with that then you.

  7. #7
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    How many more would you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh dear lord. How is America going to survive like this. I tell ya, with people that think this way, we're almost certainly going to hell in a clothes basket (hand basket, whatever).
    How about Ted Cruz and his TEA-caucus.
    That lost 24 billion in Oct. which could be paying for this year's unemployment extensions.
    I'd be spying on that .
    Physics is Phun

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn't deserve the death penalty | MSNBC

    Good for Rand! This is one of those rare circumstances I actually agree with Rand Paul! This NSA **** is really bringing people from all across the political spectrum together! [/FONT][/COLOR]
    You agree with him because, like you, he hates the Federal Government and wants to go back to the good old days of 'States' rights'.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #9
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Um, they were very much for my use too. And yours despite the fact that you don't recognize that. I happen to appreciate his work, and only hope in the end that there's more people that agree with that then you.
    I don't doubt that he intended to make them available to the public from the start. After all, his intent clearly predated even being hired by the NSA. That being said, whatever supposedly cordial intentions he may have acted with shouldn't exonerate him from appropriate legal consequences. That would set forth a fairly destructive precedent and open the door for future folk-hero wannabees.

  10. #10
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Rand Paul: Edward Snowden doesn’t deserve the death penalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    You agree with him because, like you, he hates the Federal Government and wants to go back to the good old days of 'States' rights'.

    Nope.


Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •