Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    EUSSR
    Last Seen
    03-24-14 @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,851

    Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Done deal: Fiat buys Chrysler assets | ABC News

    Now fellas, get ready for this:




  2. #2
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by Canell View Post
    Done deal: Fiat buys Chrysler assets | ABC News

    Now fellas, get ready for this:
    :
    I love little wagons and I hope Fiat forces the competition to make more of these types.

    Last year, I heard all this crying about the price of gas. But the best selling vehicles were heavy pickup trucks. So, apparently that $3.50 gas didn't ruin the economy. But some of us need a vehicle that is small but carries a decent load of groceries and such.

  3. #3
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Fiat has controlled Chrysler since the Diamler-Chrysler days and the restructuring. That they now have full control - I don't see much changing. Fiat would be idiotic to try and push small cars in NA and go full blown moron with that idea. That said, there's a place for small cars in urban cities on both coasts that may work to their advantage with a few models. If they kill off RAM and some of the iconic retro cars like the Charger and Challenger due to their full control, I'll go back to becoming a Ford man.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #4
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I love little wagons and I hope Fiat forces the competition to make more of these types.

    Last year, I heard all this crying about the price of gas. But the best selling vehicles were heavy pickup trucks. So, apparently that $3.50 gas didn't ruin the economy. But some of us need a vehicle that is small but carries a decent load of groceries and such.
    "Little Wagons"?

    We call those coffins with wheels here in Texas.

  5. #5
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,870

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    "Little Wagons"?

    We call those coffins with wheels here in Texas.
    Pregnant skateboards in OH.

    Speed bumps if one drives a big truck!
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    I think I have a bicycle in the garage made by Fiat.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Fiat has controlled Chrysler since the Diamler-Chrysler days and the restructuring. That they now have full control - I don't see much changing. Fiat would be idiotic to try and push small cars in NA and go full blown moron with that idea. That said, there's a place for small cars in urban cities on both coasts that may work to their advantage with a few models. If they kill off RAM and some of the iconic retro cars like the Charger and Challenger due to their full control, I'll go back to becoming a Ford man.
    they wont kill off Ram

    Ram is making lots of money, and under Fiat it was separated from Dodge.

    Fiat wants to share platforms with the 300 C, Charger etc to amortize the costs of building some Maserati and Alfa cars that need to be RWD to compete with the germans.

    The Jeep grand Cherokee is the basis for a new Maserati SUV
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  8. #8
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,805

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Fix It Alla Time










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  9. #9
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    I love little wagons and I hope Fiat forces the competition to make more of these types.

    Last year, I heard all this crying about the price of gas. But the best selling vehicles were heavy pickup trucks. So, apparently that $3.50 gas didn't ruin the economy. But some of us need a vehicle that is small but carries a decent load of groceries and such.
    I'm always amazed at the justifications friends and acquaintances will use to buy a pick up trick. 'No man, I really move a lot of stuff. Like I had to move to my apartment and I could have never done that without the pickup.' The dick pumping that people get from big cars is so mystifying to me.

  10. #10
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Fiat buys Chrysler assets

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    I'm always amazed at the justifications friends and acquaintances will use to buy a pick up trick. 'No man, I really move a lot of stuff. Like I had to move to my apartment and I could have never done that without the pickup.' The dick pumping that people get from big cars is so mystifying to me.
    Yeah, I use that same justification, because I do use it to haul garden stuff, lumber, furniture, and all kinds of things. I really don't need to justify it to anyone, as long as I am willing to pay for it, and for the gasoline and upkeep necessary to keep it running. (oh, and I don't have a dick to pump up).
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •