Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 384

Thread: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No ****, but the method n how the goal is reached and the effect it has on the individual reaching it, are completely different. And it really does your position no favors ignoring such obvious things
    Your argument makes no sense. Regardless of how you do it, it is still killing a person and the outcome is the same. One method might be more cruel, but in the end that is not really the argument about being against the death penalty. THAT is what you fail to understand.

  2. #252
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Your argument makes no sense.
    it makes perfect sense. You doing some type of intellectual foot stomping, akin to a child throwing a tantrum, doesn't change that

    Regardless of how you do it, it is still killing a person and the outcome is the same.
    You would be ignoring method, degree, and effect. Obvious point you and mak will continue to ignore as is your usual MO

    One method might be more cruel
    Well, no, one method is exceptionally more cruel. But yes, the level of cruelty involved is a key distinction here


    but in the end that is not really the argument about being against the death penalty. THAT is what you fail to understand.
    What exactly do I fail to understand. You and mak are trying to equivocate two methods of execution that are worlds apart as you make an argument against capital punishment. Not only does this make you seem totally daft, but it makes it hard to take anything you say as much more than ideological hog wash. because you are showing a complete disregard for reality

  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    it makes perfect sense. You doing some type of intellectual foot stomping, akin to a child throwing a tantrum, doesn't change that



    You would be ignoring method, degree, and effect. Obvious point you and mak will continue to ignore as is your usual MO
    Because method is a side issue to one who is against capital punishment.



    Well, no, one method is exceptionally more cruel. But yes, the level of cruelty involved is a key distinction here
    I would certainly be more outraged if we practiced the same methods of execution that others might, but it does NOT change the outcome, of which I am against. The legalized killing of citizens, regardless of method or motive.



    What exactly do I fail to understand. You and mak are trying to equivocate two methods of execution that are worlds apart as you make an argument against capital punishment. Not only does this make you seem totally daft, but it makes it hard to take anything you say as much more than ideological hog wash. because you are showing a complete disregard for reality
    Hardly, it makes perfect sense. We are against the killing of people by our governments regardless of the reasoning and regardless of the methods used to do so. That is pretty simple and straightforward.

  4. #254
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Because method is a side issue to one who is against capital punishment.

    I would certainly be more outraged if we practiced the same methods of execution that others might, but it does NOT change the outcome, of which I am against. The legalized killing of citizens, regardless of method or motive.

    Hardly, it makes perfect sense. We are against the killing of people by our governments regardless of the reasoning and regardless of the methods used to do so. That is pretty simple and straightforward.
    Try actually following context for once: The claim was that one was slightly less barbaric. Which speaks directly to method and motive

  5. #255
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Killing people is killing people. I am anti death penalty, any way a government kills a citizen that is no longer a threat is outrageous and barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Try actually following context for once: The claim was that one was slightly less barbaric. Which speaks directly to method and motive
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #256
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Killing people is killing people. I am anti death penalty, any way a government kills a citizen that is no longer a threat is outrageous and barbaric.
    I am also against the death penalty, but that doesn't make your equivocation any less moronic.

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Try actually following context for once: The claim was that one was slightly less barbaric. Which speaks directly to method and motive
    You try to follow along. A poster said to you that it wasn't really the method that was at issue but that he is against the death penalty regardless of the method or motive. You are the one was saying the method makes a difference. I am telling you (a viewpoint from an anti DP person and in agreement with other poster), that the method of execution is not the main issue, it is the issue of legalizing killing of citizens that we have issue with, so that makes how they accomplish it a secondary concern to the fact that they are doing it at all.

  8. #258
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Moronic really?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    I am also against the death penalty, but that doesn't make your equivocation any less moronic.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #259
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Killing people is killing people. I am anti death penalty, any way a government kills a citizen that is no longer a threat is outrageous and barbaric.
    Why is that?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #260
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,355

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    No government should kill its citizens if they are off the streets and under control. Killing them is killing them, telling yourself it is painless is great, but they are still dead. Barbaric. You are pretty funny yourself.
    The government is not routinely rounding people up and killing them. These criminals have been judged by a jury of their peers, and found guilty of some horrific crimes. What do you suggest we do with them? Shall we continue to feed and clothe them as long as they live? If that's the case, we may need to build a lot more prisons, because they are already overcrowded, and I don't see crime lessening. It's not like we use barbaric methods like beheading, but rather seek to find the most humane way to handle their departure from life. .

Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •