Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 384

Thread: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

  1. #231
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Dogs are privy to understanding that is beyond human capability.
    : It has to be a special kind of trust, love and loyalty they have for us, which we just don't yet understand. It was very sad to see her dog's distress, though, and we wondered at the time how he could have possibly known, since the accident happened miles away... but he did. Another of life's mysteries....

  2. #232
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    The company that was selling pentobartiol to the U.S. for past lethal injections has stopped on moral objections to it being used for human execution, so that's the reason why the new drug combo is being tested.

    There is zero evidence that suffering is less when someone is killed in this way. It just looks that way from the outside because their body is paralyzed so they can't express it. Much like how we assume that people who die in their sleep always die peacefully. For all we know it is a horrible way to go, especially now that an untested drug combo is being used.

  3. #233
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,923
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The company that was selling pentobartiol to the U.S. for past lethal injections has stopped on moral objections to it being used for human execution, so that's the reason why the new drug combo is being tested.

    There is zero evidence that suffering is less when someone is killed in this way. It just looks that way from the outside because their body is paralyzed so they can't express it. Much like how we assume that people who die in their sleep always die peacefully. For all we know it is a horrible way to go, especially now that an untested drug combo is being used.
    And this is of interest because . . . ?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #234
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    I do not agree with the death penalty. Why not just feed the guy to the dogs?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I do not agree with the death penalty. Why not just feed the guy to the dogs?
    Supposedly thats what happened to Kim Jong Un's uncle recently. Him and several others were stripped and put into a cage with over 100 hungry dogs. Supposedly over 300 party officials watched it take place-it took over an hour.
    Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report - World News

  6. #236
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    That is what I was referring to. I think we are only slightly less barbaric. Slightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Supposedly thats what happened to Kim Jong Un's uncle recently. Him and several others were stripped and put into a cage with over 100 hungry dogs. Supposedly over 300 party officials watched it take place-it took over an hour.
    Kim Jong Un's executed uncle was eaten alive by 120 hungry dogs: report - World News
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    That is what I was referring to. I think we are only slightly less barbaric. Slightly.
    You dont see the difference?

  8. #238
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Yes, I do see the difference but in the end, both are dead, NK is slightly more barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You dont see the difference?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  9. #239
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And this is of interest because . . . ?
    Because despite the salivating blood hounds who love nothing more than to wreak vengeance upon people they deem the scum of the earth, we have a duty to avoid cruel and unusual punishment. Lethal injection was promoted on the premise that it is less cruel than earlier methods, but the entire basis of that assumption was that the criminal never expressed suffering during the procedure. Well duh, of course they don't if they're under anesthesia, but that doesn't rule out suffering one bit.

    There are thousands of cases worldwide each year of people who wake up during surgery, fully aware of all bodily sensations, but cannot move or communicate their suffering.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The company that was selling pentobartiol to the U.S. for past lethal injections has stopped on moral objections to it being used for human execution, so that's the reason why the new drug combo is being tested.

    There is zero evidence that suffering is less when someone is killed in this way. It just looks that way from the outside because their body is paralyzed so they can't express it. Much like how we assume that people who die in their sleep always die peacefully. For all we know it is a horrible way to go, especially now that an untested drug combo is being used.
    Honestly?

    Dont really care. I have no objections to 'some discomfort or fear' while we're killing someone and dont feel it meets the bar of 'cruel and unusual'. Considering what they're being executed for, please.

    That said, I dont support the DP but it has nothing to do with type of execution method.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •