Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 384

Thread: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    I think they should make a sport out of it. Drop him off in the woods somewhere buck naked in a remote part Canada. Give him a one day head start.

    Then you let 50 paying customers (experienced hunters only) and their dogs try to track him and hunt him down. Each person has to pay $500,000 or so to participate.

    Whoever gets the kill gets $1 milllion, the remainder of the money goes to the victims families.

    Put a new definition to the word "manhunt." Lol.

  2. #202
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. There are lots of things in life that I, personally, have no desire to do or haven't the mental, emotional, or physical capacity to accomplish but that doesn't mean those things aren't needed and required in a civilized society and it is nonsense to attribute mental disturbance to someone who can accomplish an activity sanctioned by that civilized society just because you couldn't or wouldn't.
    Your post made me think about the days when an executioner was required to use a sword to behead someone! Mary, Queen of Scots, is possibly one of the most notable. Can you imagine what their thoughts were, even though it was their job? We have made it less personal by using machines or drugs today, but I commend anyone who has the fortitude and mental attitude to accomplish what needs to be done!

    Good morning, CJ.

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,944

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Horrifically, it took three blows to sever the queen's head.

  4. #204
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Well if you believe in God and have read your Bible, then you know He too believed in capital punishment. Capital punishment was a significant feature in the justice system of Old Testament Israel. Execution was called for in response to extreme civil crimes like murder and rape. There were mechanisms in place to avert the death penalty in some situations, and God sometimes spared the lives of people whose actions, legally speaking, would have otherwise meant the death penalty. The establishment of capital punishment in ancient Israel is often used to argue for the death penalty in modern times—and it seems reasonable to conclude that since God incorporated it into Israelite society, I don't see how some now claim it antithetical to His nature.

    The death penalty was never employed arbitrarily or frivolously. In fact, observing the use of capital punishment in the Old Testament actually shows us how precious human life is to God. Because human beings are image-bearers of God, murder was such a serious affront to both God and man that it had to be answered with the blood of the murderer. Genesis 9:6 suggests that this sense of justice is woven into the moral fabric of Creation:


    Whoever sheds man’s blood,
    his blood will be shed by man,
    for God made man
    in His image. – Genesis 9:6
    If you believe in God and have read the bible you would know that in many ways the New Testament is a repudiation of the Old Testament and is absolutely a rejection of the death penalty.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I am going to assume that you support a strong right to self-defense. If that is the case, then you have decided that you are indeed fit to decide who lives and who dies, based on your perception of a possible threat from a fellow citizen. Since I believe I have a right to defend myself from mortal threat, I have deemed that I am indeed fit to decide that someone else should die. Since my life is not more important than someone else's, except to me and those who love me, then why would I not support killing someone who has not only threatened someone else, but did indeed kill another person?
    This is not a self defense or even a third party self defense situation. He is under the custody of the state and is not a danger to the general population as long as that condition holds true.

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I don't agree with that at all. There are lots of things in life that I, personally, have no desire to do or haven't the mental, emotional, or physical capacity to accomplish but that doesn't mean those things aren't needed and required in a civilized society and it is nonsense to attribute mental disturbance to someone who can accomplish an activity sanctioned by that civilized society just because you couldn't or wouldn't.
    No, it's not. If we can judge those that are breaking the law for killing someone then surely we can judge those that kill people doing activities sanctioned by the state.

  7. #207
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I guess NASA should've shut down after 1986 too, right?
    NASA astronauts understand the risks and agreed to them. I have not agreed to being executed for a crime I didn't commit. But you aren't dumb enough to think your comparison was valid, so I can only conclude you were being dishonest with it.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #208
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I think they should make a sport out of it. Drop him off in the woods somewhere buck naked in a remote part Canada. Give him a one day head start.

    Then you let 50 paying customers (experienced hunters only) and their dogs try to track him and hunt him down. Each person has to pay $500,000 or so to participate.

    Whoever gets the kill gets $1 milllion, the remainder of the money goes to the victims families.

    Put a new definition to the word "manhunt." Lol.
    I saw that movie. Ice T killed all the hunters.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #209
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Your post made me think about the days when an executioner was required to use a sword to behead someone! Mary, Queen of Scots, is possibly one of the most notable. Can you imagine what their thoughts were, even though it was their job? We have made it less personal by using machines or drugs today, but I commend anyone who has the fortitude and mental attitude to accomplish what needs to be done!

    Good morning, CJ.
    Good afternoon Lady P - hope all is well with you.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #210
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: Ohio killer to get 2-drug injection untried in US

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it's not. If we can judge those that are breaking the law for killing someone then surely we can judge those that kill people doing activities sanctioned by the state.
    That's utter nonsense.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •