Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 219

Thread: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

  1. #141
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    A self-insured church plan is not currently for sale. Try again.
    Sure it is
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #142
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,688

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The one the Little Sister's insurance carrier is providing.
    They are self insured. Try again.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #143
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,688

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Sure it is
    Really? Ask if they will add you.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #144
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    They are self insured. Try again.
    And there you go!!

    They can get coverage sans contraception. Problem solved!

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Really? Ask if they will add you.
    Irrelevant. I'm not a religious org
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #145
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Some of the problems I saw with the health care system prior to ACA were because of some of those very limitations you speak of, whether company or government implemented.
    I don't disagree. I prefer limitations that favor more care than less however.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Letting an employer compensate her employees with an insurance policy that doesn't cover contraception = dictating use of the compensation? If that was true, anything else that the policy didn't cover (anything at all), would be an example of dictating use of the compensation.
    Of course it does. It limits base on belief how an employee can use their compensation. While may be technically correct with you last part, decisions based of finances, such as laying you less or more per hour are different that imposing the employers belief system on the employee. How money and insurance are USED are up to the employee once given in compensation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #147
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    You're going off on a tangent here. I'm not saying that there should no government mandates regarding vehicle safety and emissions, but to suggest that those mandates increase the consumers' freedom of choice is laughable. You may as well say that prisons are the freest places.
    Focus. I never used the word increase. I said they still have plenty of choice and are not being dictated to which to buy. I have plenty if choice.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #148
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Of course it does. It limits base on belief how an employee can use their compensation. While may be technically correct with you last part, decisions based of finances, such as laying you less or more per hour are different that imposing the employers belief system on the employee. How money and insurance are USED are up to the employee once given in compensation.
    20121026220251!Strawman.jpg
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  9. #149
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    It is not a strawman. In fact, it is the exact argument the plaintiffs are making in this lawsuit
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #150
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,770

    Re: Justice Blocks Contraception Mandate on Insurance in Suit by Nuns

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Political agenda? Other than the fact everything is political, isn't this the case if whose rights are we talking about? The employer or the employee? This seems like the crux of the issue to me.
    Decreased insurance choices =/= increased protection of rights.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •