Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 113

Thread: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

  1. #41
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
    This is why you don't need to worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

    (Not only do i have to write the date backwards here, i also usually have to back date it a day).

    Write the date backwards?


    Grrr
    4102, 1 Ⴑɒnuɒɿy

  2. #42
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Interesting, to a guy who didn't know there was different models or at least never paid attention to them, interesting indeed. Thanks
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've learned to just look out of my window to see what's happening with the weather. Right now, it's snowing hard, and piling up, which is disgustingly normal for this time of year, so I can usually count on knowing I'm not going to start gardening tomorrow! In the case of possible tornadoes and such, which is not unusual for our area, all the sirens in town will be loudly blaring, alerting me that something unusual is happening. I can then watch TV to learn what I might expect soon. Plus, my next door neighbor works for the NWS, so I count on him to alert me, too, which he does.

    Greetings, Pero.

  3. #43
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I don't know why they're talking about an air rescue, they could just wait for the ice to melt.
    not sure what type of ship this is, but ice forming like that can crush the hall of a ship. It's what happened to Shackleton when the endurance got trapped

  4. #44
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've learned to just look out of my window to see what's happening with the weather. Right now, it's snowing hard, and piling up, which is disgustingly normal for this time of year, so I can usually count on knowing I'm not going to start gardening tomorrow! In the case of possible tornadoes and such, which is not unusual for our area, all the sirens in town will be loudly blaring, alerting me that something unusual is happening. I can then watch TV to learn what I might expect soon. Plus, my next door neighbor works for the NWS, so I count on him to alert me, too, which he does.

    Greetings, Pero.
    Happy New Year Pol, I usually turn on the weather channel first thing in the morning to see what is happening for the day and what the temp will be high and low for the day then move on. Tornados is usually a spring thing around here and most head north or Atlanta and not south.

    Glad you have a white New Years, beats the heck out of me having one. I like the weather channel and they are usually pretty close on what the weather will be. But what I miss is the old fashioned weather forecasts when they said you would have rain, snow, sun or whatever. Today they give you all of these percentages. That seems to me as stepping backwards. Why is it in the 50's and 60's they could forecast rain for tomorrow and today they can only give me, say a 50% chance. I call that hedging their bets.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #45
    Educator Johnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by austrianecon View Post
    Yes, but as Climatologist they should have known this was possible and actually looked at weather models like the GFS, Euro, UKMet or any of them and they'd know what the weather was really doing. This is Climatology/Meteorology 101.

    And to think.. 1/3 to 1/2 (depending on the model) the US will have lows below zeros and highs barely in the single digits next week. It will be record cold in the US next week because of the same **** that caused them to get stuck.
    Uggghhhh I have projected HIGH temperatures around -5 almost this whole week...anyone have a spare room in Arizona I can stay in for a while? I can pay!
    Last edited by Johnson; 01-01-14 at 02:03 PM. Reason: spelling

  6. #46
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Happy New Year Pol, I usually turn on the weather channel first thing in the morning to see what is happening for the day and what the temp will be high and low for the day then move on. Tornados is usually a spring thing around here and most head north or Atlanta and not south.

    Glad you have a white New Years, beats the heck out of me having one. I like the weather channel and they are usually pretty close on what the weather will be. But what I miss is the old fashioned weather forecasts when they said you would have rain, snow, sun or whatever. Today they give you all of these percentages. That seems to me as stepping backwards. Why is it in the 50's and 60's they could forecast rain for tomorrow and today they can only give me, say a 50% chance. I call that hedging their bets.
    Some socialite had a garden party ruined by rain, and complained? Yeah, hedging bets by giving a 50-50 chance of something happening seems to be common today for some reason. Lots of wiggle room that the old-timers apparently didn't need! It's probably all caused by Global Warming or something......

  7. #47
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,277

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    People who think this disproves global warming are just, ugh.
    No one said it DISPROVED anything.

    It DOES prove that there is currently a boat load of incredibility naive "scientist" trapped in ice, but other than that, it's just a great example of hilarious irony.

    One of many to come as long as the left keeps their ideology tied up next to the false narrative of Man-made Global warming.

    You people lost ALL credibility when you claimed you could save the world from eminent disaster for "a price".

    Yep, just pay those arbitrary Carbon Taxes and the Progressives will stop the oceans from swallowing up Al Gore's Florida Beach Front Property.

    IF you really cared about the environment and things like the hunt for legitimate alternative fuel technology, you would support the removal of Political Party's from what's supposed to be a scientific endeavor.


    Remember, the Democrat party has done more damage to the legitimate study of our climate than ANY Climate change denier could do in a million years.
    The New Democratic Party Slogan :

    " Return to Power By Any Means Necessary "

  8. #48
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Some socialite had a garden party ruined by rain, and complained? Yeah, hedging bets by giving a 50-50 chance of something happening seems to be common today for some reason. Lots of wiggle room that the old-timers apparently didn't need! It's probably all caused by Global Warming or something......
    Global warming, sounds good to me.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  9. #49
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,903

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I've learned to just look out of my window to see what's happening with the weather. Right now, it's snowing hard, and piling up, which is disgustingly normal for this time of year, so I can usually count on knowing I'm not going to start gardening tomorrow! In the case of possible tornadoes and such, which is not unusual for our area, all the sirens in town will be loudly blaring, alerting me that something unusual is happening. I can then watch TV to learn what I might expect soon. Plus, my next door neighbor works for the NWS, so I count on him to alert me, too, which he does.

    Greetings, Pero.
    I live outside my city's water supply and have to be alert to weather changes because if there's a sudden drop in the temp and I'm at work, I need to have left the faucets at home already dripping. And also need to know what to wear. I'm not wasting dry clean-only clothes on a nasty day!

  10. #50
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    Re: Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Global warming activists still trapped by inconvenient ice







    PASSENGERS WON'T SEE LAND FOR WEEKS1:43






    Passengers stranded on a scientific expedition ship off Antarctica will soon be airlifted off the vessel.


    No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au


    Talk about breaking news, it's dated tomorrow. Anyway, anybody else see humor in this?


    The best part is that they needed to go to Anthony Watts of WattsUpWithTHat in order to get the local Antarctic data they needed to forecast the winds.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •