Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #701
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I reject evolution. I think it's crap.

    Also, did you know that there was once a debate between two guys named Wilberforce and Huxley, and Wilberforce asked Huxley "Was it through your grandmother or your grandfather that you're descended from a monkey?"

    Just thought I'd throw that historical gem out there for the sake of knowledge.

    Also, did you know that there is an Australopithecus named Lucy who some believe is an ancestor of us all? Far out huh?
    ROFLMAO! Er....what "knowlege?"


    And do you even know what Australopithecus was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #702
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I see how this works.

    If YOU can't understand something, if it's too complex for YOU, it must be bogus.
    You understand the human genome?

  3. #703
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    ROFLMAO! Er....what "knowlege?"


    And do you even know what Australopithecus was?
    A distant relative, apparently, minus the back hair.

  4. #704
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    If people do are do not believe in evolution, is irrelevant, and impacts almost no one.
    I would more concerned about the number of people who believe the Goverment
    is the solution to their problems.
    That would be fine if some public schools did not keep trying to teach it in science classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #705
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,854

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I accept the unknown as it is. We're but a speck in the universe, almost completely insignificant. We think we're smart, but if you really think about it, we know next to nothing.
    Speak for yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #706
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That would be fine if some public schools did not keep trying to teach it in science classes.
    correct it has ZERO place in science class or any mandatory class


    its really simple actually all on has to do is thank about it like a court case.


    a court case based on the facts, science, logical , theories, evidence etc of evolution could get a conviction

    a court case based a court case based on the facts, science, logical , theories, evidence etc of creationism wouldnt even get charges brought up, it would never make it to court.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #707
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You've won a Nobel Prize?

    You want evidence that evolution is bogus? OK here's a start. About 90 billion neurons in the human brain, all hooked up in a specific intricate pattern. There are about 45 miles of nerves in the human body, all wired up in a specific intricate pattern.

    I could go on. Complexity, at the end of the day, is why I don't believe in evolution.
    Irreducible complexity is not a good argument against evolution. Just because you struggle to comprehend it =/= evolution isn't real.

    Read: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086%2F392687
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dŃr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  8. #708
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    At the end of the day, if I really sat down and worked on it, I could probably come up with a way to mathematically show that life on earth, let alone complex life, is highly improbable. In fact, it's nearly impossible.
    Do it, demonstrate it, show the world your intellectual prowess and foresight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    But in the end, even that wouldn't prove a thing - in fact I think most smart people would agree with it. We may well be the only intelligent creatures in the universe.
    Maybe....doubtful......but maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Perhaps the odds of intelligent life forming are 1 in several billion (which is why I don't like evolution inherently),
    You don't like evolution because you made up a number to ascribe to the probability with no real evidence or work to suggest that number is reasonable? Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    but perhaps this is the one place where that 1 in several billion just happened to take place.
    Or it's not 1 in several billion. Still....lots of planets out there

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    So in other words - I don't believe in evolution because the evolution of complex life is improbable. However, just being improbable doesn't mean it's proven false.
    So as I said initially, you're assuming that the aggregated "complexity" couldn't be naturally derived. But it's not on fact or logical argument you make this claim, it's an arbitrary number you've invented.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #709
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,915

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Moderator's Warning:
    One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]Closed for review.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  10. #710
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,915

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

    Moderator's Warning:
    One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]Reopening this thread. Moderation has occurred. Personal comments, baiting and flaming are at an end, now, or there will be points and/or thread bans issued. Tread lightly and consider this a zero-tolerance warning.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Page 71 of 81 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •