Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #381
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,971
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    I wish it were so, a Gallup Poll from last year asked 1,024 people the following question:

    "Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings? (1) Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided this process. (2) Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process. (3) God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so."

    32% said evolution but guided by god

    15% said evolution but no guidance from god

    46% believed that God created us in our present form within the last 10,000 years or so.

    Science and Nature
    So...500 people.

    Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  2. #382
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well then, how do you know that intelligent design doesn't account for something?
    I was never talking of intelligent design, this is about evolution. Science does not and cannot discount or verify the gods by virtue of our definitions of our gods. So I don't know what you really want here. It has nothing to do with the measured system of evolution.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #383
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then why are there still primates?
    Primates are successful organisms, why would we think they wouldn't rise to fill niches?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #384
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,561

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    again, a more intelligent person would have the ability to consider what the taliban does goes further than moaning about the war on christmas and what color santa is. But we both know the political type your represent and it isn't the kind that respects actual data or logic. You're more about mindles braying and vilification, like the very individuals you constantly decry.



    You mean individuals the taliban would simply kill in some gruesome manner? The fact that you're so invested to trivializing such things is disgusting and a better man would feel shame at having to reflect on such things.
    There's a reason we all call them the "American" Taliban. They are more McDonalds French Fries than someone in a head-cover frying up falafel over a camp fire. However, like I said, the differences are only a matter of degrees.

  5. #385
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    There's a reason we all call them the "American" Taliban. They are more McDonalds French Fries than someone in a head-cover frying up falafel over a camp fire.
    What does that even mean?

    However, like I said, the differences are only a matter of degrees.
    The degree of difference betwen killing someone and just not wanting them entering into a legal marriage contract is rather substantial and is the reason why, despite recent issues with gay marriage, homosexuals will risk everything trying to escape from these societies to countries that explicitly outlaw gay marriage.

    Why anyone would play that down on a continuous basis is beyond my comprehension, but it's rather disgusting and just highlights the type of individual you are.

  6. #386
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And it was written 'by men,' not God.
    Ok.............
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #387
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,561

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Telling that the three articles you post,

    Article one, a link to a book written by arguably one of the worst, bomb throwing leftists in America, founder of DailyKOS

    Article two, from a source that declares itself, "real liberal politics" ie; far left screed.

    Article three from a borderline socialist site 'forwardprogressive'

    Yet somehow, along with your extremist language, you claim yourself a 'centrist'? Now that is funny.
    There are four articles posted. You skipped one.

    Ann Coulter:
    "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war."

    Bailey Smith:
    "With all due respect to those dear people, my friend, God Almighty does not hear the prayer of a Jew."

    Beverly LaHaye:
    "Yes, religion and politics do mix. America is a nation based on biblical principles. Christian values dominate our government. The test of those values is the Bible. Politicians who do not use the bible to guide their public and private lives do not belong in office."

    David Barton:
    "There should be absolutely no 'Separation of Church and State' in America."

    And Many More Here: The American Taliban
    By the way, can you point out and prove to us where Markos Moulitsas throws bombs.

    However, Markos does show in his book where Rush said he and his Dittoheads agree with the Taliban.
    “We all agree with the Taliban.”—Rush Limbaugh, October 9, 2009
    So, even Rush agrees that the Right is the American Taliban.

  8. #388
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,561

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    What does that even mean?



    The degree of difference betwen killing someone and just not wanting them entering into a legal marriage contract is rather substantial and is the reason why, despite recent issues with gay marriage, homosexuals will risk everything trying to escape from these societies to countries that explicitly outlaw gay marriage.

    Why anyone would play that down on a continuous basis is beyond my comprehension, but it's rather disgusting and just highlights the type of individual you are.
    If the Right could get away with stoning homosexuals, we all know they would. Hell, there's a huge contingent which encourages violence at abortion clinics--some have even justified the act of murdering Dr Tiller, here in this forum-- and almost none on the Far Right denounce it.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Primates are successful organisms, why would we think they wouldn't rise to fill niches?
    *sigh*

    He believes that evolution means one organism 'turns into' another.

    Our schools truly have failed, to see the prevalence of so much misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Lursa; 12-31-13 at 05:43 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #390
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,744

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    There are four articles posted. You skipped one.



    By the way, can you point out and prove to us where Markos Moulitsas throws bombs.

    However, Markos does show in his book where Rush said he and his Dittoheads agree with the Taliban.


    So, even Rush agrees that the Right is the American Taliban.
    Lord that is depressing! (all the quotes you posted in 387)

    And I'm a practicing Christian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 39 of 81 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •