Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #361
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    My question is why would an omnipotent God, who could create perfect beings, need evolution?
    And......why would such a god create so many ****ed up people?!?

  2. #362
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Give it time, we are but a blink of the eye on the evolutionary timetable of Earth's existence. Literally.
    Not sure we have that much time, think the Earth has another 4.5 billion years of life supporting environment to it?

  3. #363
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,895

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    He put it in terms that mankind could comprehend.
    And it was written 'by men,' not God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #364
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    And you have just demonstrated the attitude so prevalent among some on the right in America that explains why so many of them do not accept the science behind evolution.
    You are presented with evidence that goes against a preconceived notion your part, and rather than accepting it, you simply respond with "Not buying' it."



    No one has to accept evidence of any theory.

    Check the U.S. Constitution. It doesn't say anything about this.

  5. #365
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,895

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Well they shouldn't be offended because that is not what evolution says. It says we evolved from a common primate ancestor.
    LOL

    Like they make that distinction? If they even know what a 'primate' is they visualize a monkey. Even the distinction between monkeys and the great apes is lost.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,895

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The fact remains that today Evolution and Creationism are not taught side by side in Public schools, despite your fears.
    Many state school boards continue to attempt to add creationism or intelligent design to science text books and curriculae.

    Kansas and TX are 2 states that come to mind most recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #367
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah? And where did that come from?



    From even littler bangs way down to infinitely minute bangs.

    Kind of like turtles standing on top of turtles.

  8. #368
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And......why would such a god create so many ****ed up people?!?



    I've been asking that question for a long time and haven't heard a good answer yet.

  9. #369
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    I want to address those who think of evolution as just "A Theory". As if that puts it on equal footing with intelligent design . . . because that is a theory too . . . even though it isn't. The reason for this is because the scientific method isn't some nice, neat, linear series of steps from it's first observation to the final theory. Science is cyclic where inductive and deductive reasoning is applied over and over again, constantly, to the different aspects of the same subject. You just can't do that with Intelligent Design, and that is a fact.

    Evolution is a theory where we can use all our observations of life on Earth, through the fossil record, the geology of where they are found, and the biology of living species to make sense and understand it. The scientific method can be used to make the idea of living things changing over time, and that organisms are related like the branches of a huge bush where existing species give rise to new species as the most reasonable explanation.

    There is just so much evidence in support of evolution that the tried and tested theory may be reasonably considered fact. Denying that evidence and equating Intelligent Design is just a political savvy way of including creationism in the conversation.

  10. #370
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    Thank God for that! I wouldn't even visit New England, let alone live there.
    I'm sure they would say the same thing about Texas, except right now because I believe they are about to get battered by snow lol.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Page 37 of 81 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •