Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #341
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh please....Whatever caricature you can invent to make yourself superior...Not helpful to the discussion though.
    Not sure why you would say that, but OK . . . you tell me . . . what kind of caricature do you think I invented? Superior to what? You want to equate intelligent design with evolution despite the science. I don't . . . how does that make me superior? Just because I believe in a theory that exists due in part to the facts? Again, I believe in gravity too. Hope I'm not being to superior with that one.

  2. #342
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Often what I see is a religious defender of creationism who rejects the theory of evolution argues that TOE lacks conclusive proof. They reject evidence, ignoring the likelihood that since our DNA is over 99% identical to the Bonobo and Chimp we must share a common ancestor, arguing we lack proof, asking that we show them a direct DNA link to this ancestor. Repeatedly they raise the bar like this.

    However...these same people will believe every word of their Intelligent Design theory on the flimsiest of evidence. It's maddening.
    We're supposed to be made in the image of God so any implication that we came from monkeys is very offensive to some Christians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #343
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    One can imagine anything that makes them feel better about trying to 'prove' something that has no science.

    Science doesn't require Gods.



    And Gods get along fine without science,eh?

  4. #344
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So how do you handwave ring species then?
    No handwaving, so-called ring species are a good hint, a good indication, macro evolution may in fact exist. They are not however observable proof of macro evolution.

  5. #345
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    We're supposed to be made in the image of God so any implication that we came from monkeys is very offensive to some Christians.
    Well they shouldn't be offended because that is not what evolution says. It says we evolved from a common primate ancestor.

  6. #346
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    Well they shouldn't be offended because that is not what evolution says. It says we evolved from a common primate ancestor.
    Besides, I thought it is thought more likely to be the lemur.


  7. #347
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Never said it did....
    But one thing science has perpetually had a problem with explaining is what caused the big bang? Where did it come from?



    It probably evolved from the little bang.

  8. #348
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No handwaving, so-called ring species are a good hint, a good indication, macro evolution may in fact exist. They are not however observable proof of macro evolution.
    if you say so.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #349
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    It's not like there aren't holes in the theory of Evolution anyways. Heck that theory has been under revision since Darwin first presented it. So if it's a choice to of putting my faith in a plan that has more holes than Swiss cheese, or in my God, than that's where it will rest. All that being said, I think arguing the point is mute from a religious perspective.
    If we truly could prove that God created everything, than there would be no reason for faith.



    But since you can't prove it, you have to buy into the creation myth, virgin birth and the rest of the malarkey.

  10. #350
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't know. Abiogensis proposes some mechanisms, but it's not well understood at this point.
    Well then, how do you know that intelligent design doesn't account for something?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 35 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •