Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #271
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,842

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Are you aware of the university study (over 60 years) where fruit flies were exposed to all manner of environmental changes (including radiation), 50,000 generations.

    Zero evolution.

    Fruit flies.
    Post proof of this.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #272
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    No beginning point = no chaos.
    So, God created the Void, created chaos? It's a self-reinforcing circular argument.

  3. #273
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,785

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, why then has evolution seemingly stopped for a majority of species on earth?




    Superbug, super-fast evolution
    Just to point out the most obvious example.

    A few more to show we're not just talking microbiology either.

    http://www.cracked.com/article_19213...-our-eyes.html

  4. #274
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,842

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    And there you have a point. We should be able to observe macro evolution in action. Pointing to the fact that there is still at least part of the system we do not yet understand.
    We have observed macro evolution in action.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #275
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,133

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    It's not like there aren't holes in the theory of Evolution anyways. Heck that theory has been under revision since Darwin first presented it. So if it's a choice to of putting my faith in a plan that has more holes than Swiss cheese, or in my God, than that's where it will rest. All that being said, I think arguing the point is mute from a religious perspective. If we truly could prove that God created everything, than there would be no reason for faith.
    Theories are subject to change based on new evidence. This is a good thing.

    Religion is resistant to change, in spite of glaring evidence to the contrary. This is a bad thing.

    Religion still changes though, from time to time. For example, how is that whole "heliocentricity" theory working out for religion?
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  6. #276
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    And I don't speak with him, so I guess that I'll have to wait a while for an answer.
    Looks like it...huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #277
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    If when you say "god" that you mean to include the flying spaghetti one, or Zoroaster or Jesus or rah or Yahweh or Allah, etc., then by all means, I suppose.
    No on the first considering that's a modern invention made to fuel an anti-God argument. The rest perhaps (though it's just "Ra"). But the post you're responding to doesn't single out any particular conception of God.

  8. #278
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    We have observed macro evolution in action.
    Stop the presses! Details. This is big news.

  9. #279
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Telling that the three articles you post,

    Article one, a link to a book written by arguably one of the worst, bomb throwing leftists in America, founder of DailyKOS

    Article two, from a source that declares itself, "real liberal politics" ie; far left screed.

    Article three from a borderline socialist site 'forwardprogressive'

    Yet somehow, along with your extremist language, you claim yourself a 'centrist'? Now that is funny.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #280
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by ethanUNC View Post
    I don't think you guys appreciate how bad this truly is.

    To give you a comparison, this is as bad as saying that 33% of Americans believe that the Earth orbits the Sun.

    I am outraged by this.



    So what are you going to do about it?

Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •