Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #231
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Another faulty premise is that evolution is based solely on random chance. It's not. Being a software engineer, you might like this video.


    He's got links to his code.
    If you subscribe to that explanation, what can I say?

    The evidence is against you.

    Or do you have fossil evidence showing the billions of transitory creatures which Darwin acknowledged doesn't exist? (see quotes in my last post)

    In any event, that is a decent explanatory theory, wholly unsupported by the evidence. (faith can be a good thing though, maybe you'll be right in the end!)

  2. #232
    Is Idiot Supreme
    Davo The Mavo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    11-08-17 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    Where did gravity come from?

    Where did the animals making up the fossil record come from? (which coincidentally show that evolution is false, more than any other dataset - where are the billions of transitory fossils which SHOULD exist but don't?)

    If dinosaurs became birds, then where are the hundreds of thousands of transitory creatures whereby the legs became the highly sophisticated flying machines that are bird wings? (which humans are incapable of replicating)

    [not conjecture based on shape of whale skeletons]

    How does the most complex digital software ever known to exist write itself? (DNA)

    How does that ultra-complex software self-error correct?
    OK, I'm going to humor you . . . God did it. Are you happy? God made gravity . . . he then made up a fossil record, which you then say does not contain transitional fossils . . . even though it does. That doesn't matter anyway, because even though we have fossils of hominoids going back hundreds of thousands of years, God made up the fossil record, because we all know the world is something like 6000-years old. And there are no fossils of any dinosaur with bird characteristics, including in some cases feathers . . . besides, even if they did exist, it is impossible for dinosaurs to exist because the world is only 6000-years old, which would mean they walked amongst men. And why would God have made the dinosaurs in the first place if he was creating life in his own image? Man, he wasn't very good at his job if it really took millions of years for him to get around to modern humans . . . I mean if we are in his image. Thank God we know that ain't true.

    All the fossils . . . the ability to date things . . . the science concerning mitochondrial DNA . . . God threw that stuff at us to test our faith.

    Lastly, just because you say the fossil record doesn't exist, or, and this is funny, the record that doesn't exist, "coincidentally show[s] that evolution is false, more than any other dataset," doesn't make it true. Your word vs. Science . . . . hmmn, let me see, which way am I going to go here?
    Last edited by Davo The Mavo; 12-31-13 at 01:57 PM.

  3. #233
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, failure of imagination. In the example I gave order is not "rising from chaos". And further, God supposedly created the universe from the Void. There is no mention of who created the Void or the rules that govern the Void.
    So imagination trumps logic?

  4. #234
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,504

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    It's not anti-religion merely because it contradicts someone's religious ideas. Otherwise you'd believe that teaching evolution is a violation of the 1st Amendment because that's an anti-religion idea. You don't think that, do you?
    Teaching evolution, by itself isn't denouncing religion, or denying that God exist, IMO.

    If part of the course is to do so, then yes, it violates the 1st Amendment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #235
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    OK, I'm going to humor you . . . God did it. Are you happy? God made gravity . . . he then made up a fossil record, which you then say does not contain transitional fossils . . . even though it does. That doesn't matter anyway, because even though we have fossils of hominoids going back hundreds of thousands of years, God made up the fossil record, because we all know the world is something like 6000-years old. And there are no fossils of any dinosaur with bird characteristics, including in some cases feathers . . . besides, even if they did exist, it is impossible for dinosaurs to exist because the world is only 6000-years old, which would mean they walked amongst men. And why would God have made the dinosaurs in the first place if he was creating life in his own image? Man, he wasn't very good at his job if it really took millions of years for him to get around to modern humans . . . I mean if we are in his image. Thank God we know that ain't true.

    All the fossils . . . the ability to date things . . . the science concerning mitochondrial DNA . . . God threw that stuff at us to test our faith.
    What transitory fossils?

    Don't just post a picture of a horse and giraffe

    (or my personal favorite - whale bones!)

    Who said the world is 6000 years old? Clearly, science shows its much older than that. (not conjecture, science)

  6. #236
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    It's logical.

    If you want to speculate about order rising from chaos, have at it.

    I'll stick with logic and what is observable.
    "Order" and "chaos" are human constructs. There are no physical laws preventing one from becoming the other, despite your claims. Evolution is also not purely random chance. So that's two of the pillars of your argument based on false assumptions.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #237
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    So imagination trumps logic?
    Perhaps yes, perhaps no. You're assuming your position IS logical. It is not.

  8. #238
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by SingleCellOrganism View Post
    What transitory fossils?

    Don't just post a picture of a horse and giraffe

    (or my personal favorite - whale bones!)
    If you aren't willing to consider the possibility that some of your assumptions are wrong, you're not here for a debate. You're here to shout your opinions at people.
    List of transitional fossils - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #239
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    491

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Perhaps yes, perhaps no. You're assuming your position IS logical. It is not.
    Was it:

    A: A product of random accidental chaos (Do you believe order rises from chaos?)

    or

    B: A product of higher design (Do you believe order rises from higher intelligence?)


    Now, you need to apply this same question to EVERY single tiny detail, every symbiotic system and literally EVERYTHING from the smallest cell to the largest star........ as well as every single connecting (and vitally critical) system in-between in our finite little universe comprised of 3 dimensional pixels.

    What we know for certain is that "order rising from chaos" of its own accord does NOT happen in anything scientifically observable -> not without preexisting coding to do such (just like a computer program)..... or a plant seed..... or a DNA strand.....


    ------

    So that is illogical? Your 'science' relies on imagination. (comedy gold Jerry)

  10. #240
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,844

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Teaching evolution, by itself isn't denouncing religion, or denying that God exist, IMO.

    If part of the course is to do so, then yes, it violates the 1st Amendment.
    Why? If evolution is inherently contradictory to a creationist's beliefs, doesn't evolution being true disprove their beliefs, and therefore attacks their entire religion?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 24 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •