Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 804

Thread: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows[W:571]

  1. #111
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows





    Okay - who here rejects evolution?

    Show of hands please.


    "Republicans" are growing skeptical???? Really?

    Like there's growing evidence against evolution?

    So, the war on Religion continues. So what?

    The fact is, the liberal elite/liberal progressive doesn't truely believe in evolution either, so where does that leave the point?

  2. #112
    Educator BlackAsCoal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-04-15 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    702

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I dont know what your point is. Did anyone on here try and say that religion was not a belief?
    My point is that religion is not science. Facts are not required by religion.
    “No people can be both ignorant and free.”
    - Thomas Jefferson

  3. #113
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,422

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows





    Okay - who here rejects evolution?

    Show of hands please.


    "Republicans" are growing skeptical???? Really?

    Like there's growing evidence against evolution?

    Let's see what our percentage here at DP is:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...evolution.html
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    There is a brand of American Christianist which really does make the more humble Christians look bad. It really is not much different than the Muslims who are peaceful being disgraced by the bomb throwers. It's only a matter of degrees. However, the silence of the sane in both religions is deafening.
    Could someone please explain to me how listing both Homosexuality and Beastiality as sins is equating Homosexuality to Beastiality, but Calamity's post here isn't equating disbelieving in evolution to SUICIDE BOMB TERRORISM?

    Seriously? "Just a matter of degrees"? It's like saying a person who teases someone for having red hair one day at school and someone who brutally rapes and kills someone are basically the same person, it's just a matter of degree

  5. #115
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,409

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not buyin' it.
    And you have just demonstrated the attitude so prevalent among some on the right in America that explains why so many of them do not accept the science behind evolution. You are presented with evidence that goes against a preconceived notion your part, and rather than accepting it, you simply respond with "Not buying' it."
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #116
    Banned Steve Ja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Last Seen
    11-30-15 @ 09:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows





    Okay - who here rejects evolution?

    Show of hands please.


    "Republicans" are growing skeptical???? Really?

    Like there's growing evidence against evolution?
    Well I'm a republican who believes in evolution. I'm part of the 2/3

  7. #117
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Could someone please explain to me how listing both Homosexuality and Beastiality as sins is equating Homosexuality to Beastiality, but Calamity's post here isn't equating disbelieving in evolution to SUICIDE BOMB TERRORISM?

    Seriously? "Just a matter of degrees"? It's like saying a person who teases someone for having red hair one day at school and someone who brutally rapes and kills someone are basically the same person, it's just a matter of degree
    Sure. The Christians who refuse to speak out and criticize Randall Terry and others who stir up the rabidly violent anti-abortionists are no different than the Muslims who stay mum when certain clerics provoke their violent people to blow up a bus terminal.

    Regarding evolution...the anger expressed by select group of radical Christians over it being taught in schools is only a few degrees less than the venom shown toward a legal medical procedure.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    My point is that religion is not science. Facts are not required by religion.
    Are you just making random comments?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  9. #119
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    God caused evolution to happen.
    Which is still evolution.

    I agree with you. It's a sure sign of the apocalypse. "Lo, it shall come to pass in the Last Days that rocket88 and apdst will agree on something."


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #120
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,409

    Re: One-third of Americans reject evolution, poll shows

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Which is still evolution.

    I agree with you. It's a sure sign of the apocalypse. "Lo, it shall come to pass in the Last Days that rocket88 and apdst will agree on something."
    Technically that is not evolution. Evolution does not require any supreme being to guide it. A biologist would say that we have adapted to our environment, sub-saharan savanna to be specific, not that we were engineered in anyway like one breeds a better pointing breed.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •