Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 76

Thread: Northern California counties revive an old idea for a breakaway state

  1. #61
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,264

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    What ever happened to all the bluster from Northeast Colorado on seceding?

    When pinned down in a room and forced to answer yes or no, even the most radical TEAts said no to secession .
    Caifornia or parts of California won't succeed, but its the fault of a few city Governments and of the current Governor there that this issue was raised in the first place.

    Instead of looking to budget tactics that WORK, like what Scott Walker did in Wisconsin, California's doubled down on the stupidity that caused so much of its current debt crisis.

    First, Brown tried the old Liberal tactic of thinking everyone in his state and everyone else was as dumb as a box of rocks. He lied about a up and comming "surplus" as he ignored their massive amounts of unfunded Public sector pension and Healthcare liabillities, estimated to be close to 500 Billion.

    Then he attacked the wealth creators and the bussineses with increased tax's on the "wealthy" and a program that targeted private sector bussinesss that were struggling to pony up even more in taxes.

    He doubled down on the same policies that drove Californian companies yo states like Texas.

    Californians who COULD leave DID, and they brought their money and their skills to places like Texas.

    In Texas and more specifically Houston, our current economic Boom has even drug in some California based Companies to bid on New Construction.

    They will literally send in teams of guys from Cali to do new build outs ( Construction ) with all of the money going back to California. Of-Course local General Contractors and Construction Companies are getting wise to these tactics and are trying to lock them out.

    They made their mess, and now they should be forced to deal with it. Electing Brown was a huge indication that Cali has a Looong way to go and that that state may be the Largest State bankruptcy in our Nations history.

    If youv'e got guys like Brown, who are willing to lie about surplus's that don't exist, one can only imagine how truly screwed up that States budget is.

  2. #62
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Worth a try.

    The Eureka/Arcata areas in Humboldt County have become sickeningly Liberal because of Humboldt State and so many welfare arrivals. The Mexican Drug Cartel pot growers have moved into a lot of the mountainous areas, upper Klamath, upper Trinity and Garberville areas. Lots of Mexicans have infested that whole area, but without the freebies, they might head South. Definitely worth a try because succession will soon become so popular that it will be harder to do.

    The big problem will be that the Liberals have a super majority in both state houses. Liberals tend to resist loss of total control over the lives of decent people.
    Last edited by Ray410; 12-30-13 at 07:15 PM.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: State of Northern CA

    I would like to see a South California minus Los Angeles County.

    Los Angeles County has been under Mexican occupation for over two decades now, might as well turn the sovereignty of L.A. County over to Mexico.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,264

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I would like to see a South California
    minus Los Angeles County.

    Los Angeles County has been under Mexican occupation for over two decades now, might as well turn the sovereignty of L.A. County over to Mexico.
    The movie " Elysium" takes a stab at a future portrayal of Los Angeles County.

    Basically Tijuahana on steroids with people living in South American style corrugated Shacks and all dependant on the Government with "free healthcare " being dispensed from Los Angelas General Hospital that by now looks like it was caught in a full on war.

    All Hispanic of-course.

    Its hard to believe such a once beutiful part of America has devolved into what it is today.

    Just goes to show how utterly destructive politicians can be.

  5. #65
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The movie " Elysium" takes a stab at a future portrayal of Los Angeles County.

    Basically Tijuahana on steroids with people living in South American style corrugated Shacks and all dependant on the Government with "free healthcare " being dispensed from Los Angelas General Hospital that by now looks like it was caught in a full on war.

    All Hispanic of-course.

    Its hard to believe such a once beutiful part of America has devolved into what it is today.

    Just goes to show how utterly destructive politicians can be.
    Virtually all of our most beautiful cities and coastal areas are gone right now.

  6. #66
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,992

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Northern California counties revive an old idea for a breakaway state - latimes.com

    That is right. There is a bigger push than ever from the northern counties of CA to succeed.
    They have grown tired of the crap coming out of sacremento and want their own state.

    This is more difficult than what it seems. it would take a vote from the CA government and a congressional act which
    more than likely will fail in the state first.

    they are not the only counties in a state wanting to split. counties in CO want the same due to the same reasons.
    I heard an interview with the woman running this movement and she said it was a lot to do with urban vs rural. Northern Cali feels slighted in that they feel policies are geared more to LA and it has poor effect on the farming cultures of Northern CA.

    Politically, it would put Texas as the #1 Electoral vote maker but then again, two california's means 4 senators and if North California includes the bay area... that's 3 or 4 liberal senators.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,632

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    I heard an interview with the woman running this movement and she said it was a lot to do with urban vs rural. Northern Cali feels slighted in that they feel policies are geared more to LA and it has poor effect on the farming cultures of Northern CA.

    Politically, it would put Texas as the #1 Electoral vote maker but then again, two california's means 4 senators and if North California includes the bay area... that's 3 or 4 liberal senators.
    Northern CA has a lot of farm land and in some instances are major producers of crops for the US. the policies that they are passing down south are affecting how they are able to farm their land making it impossible for them to produce what they have to.

    I am having trouble finding an article but it was a huge uproar about it about a year or two ago.

    I don't think they are including the bay area I think they want that left out of it. I am not sure. they are trying to get rid of that garbage not invite it.

  8. #68
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,992

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Northern CA has a lot of farm land and in some instances are major producers of crops for the US. the policies that they are passing down south are affecting how they are able to farm their land making it impossible for them to produce what they have to.

    I am having trouble finding an article but it was a huge uproar about it about a year or two ago.

    I don't think they are including the bay area I think they want that left out of it. I am not sure. they are trying to get rid of that garbage not invite it.
    * protip...

    People are not garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #69
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,152

    Re: State of Northern CA

    The 124 states of America



    I found this pertinent and interesting.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #70
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: State of Northern CA

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I fully support this. It would mean two more democratic senators. Additionally, California is way under-represented in Washington. Why should a state like Wyoming or Idaho, with less than a million people have the same number of senators as California with 25 million people?
    California has more representatives in the House. The Senate was never meant to represent the people, it was meant to represent the states. That is why originally state legislatures elected Senators. All states of whatever size are meant to be equal.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •