Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73

Thread: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Didn't he say "that I personally don't judge people who have different skin color and sexual orientation? And believe God loves them also?"
    “We’re Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television,” he tells me. “You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.”
    “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

  2. #62
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    I doubt he'll state his opinion in such a controversial way again, though I could be wrong. And if he does I don't believe A&E would keep him this time or not punish him worse. Either that or it will be almost ignored because it's old news, unless he goes on another type of rant against some group.

    I don't understand your question about Obama or how it's relevant? Are you saying something in reference to African Americans or the Pope?
    What is not to understand? The people that are butthurt over Phil Robertsons comments just selected the Pope as man of the year, even though hsi comments regarding homosexuality were clear...all they have to do is repent and turn back to God and he will forgive them all their sins. Obama stated his opposition to gay marriage was one based on his religious belief and morality. Didnt seem to bother people too much. The entirety of the African American ministers came out condemning Obama's cash train 'evolution'...nary a word from the gay community. Selective outrage is pretty pathetic and impotent. When your outrage is reserved SOLELY for a conservative white Evangelical...you have no cause.

  3. #63
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    “We’re Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television,” he tells me. “You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.”
    “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”
    That's pretty close "kill them all and let God sort em out."

    He even admitted to being a reformed drunk and had a short affair with his Alma Mater captain of the football team? I mean those are both sins and the bible doesn't differentiate, which ones are worse, does it? Says if you sin or break a commandment you're a sinner or you've broken them all, right? I mean even "lust" or premarital sex is a sin, so the bible is a tough cookie to eat?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #64
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    That's pretty close "kill them all and let God sort em out."

    He even admitted to being a reformed drunk and had a short affair with his Alma Mater captain of the football team? I mean those are both sins and the bible doesn't differentiate, which ones are worse, does it? Says if you sin or break a commandment you're a sinner or you've broken them all, right? I mean even "lust" or premarital sex is a sin, so the bible is a tough cookie to eat?
    Horse****. That's really pathetic if you actually believe that. How is 'love everyone and let God figure it out' in ANY way "kill em all!"? That's just old old laugh out loud funny right there. And yes...no doubt. He is quite open about his past. That's pretty much directly inline with what he preaches (and what Christ taught as well). Go forth...and sin no more.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Trust me, I share your disgust with reality television. However, as far as programming goes, what's put out there, DD are the good guys.
    This is why I watch the BBC
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #66
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,779

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont buy it. This was a pathetic overreaction by GLAAD and A&E, to be sure. But knowing how stupid they would both end up looking? If this was planned, they have some ****ty publicists.
    They'll be laughing all the way to the bank with all the new ad revenue they get when he returns to the show, probably just in time for February sweeps.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #67
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,691

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post

    This is a photo of his pre-beard days, which leads me to believe that part of his hillbilly persona is for marketing...


    Attachment 67159033

    He looks pretty young there.... "Sunday's best" certainly can't be that unheard of in his community. Granted my relatives would never have tolerated the long hair and ridiculously long beard (as it was a sign you were not masculine enough), and they're more the ranching type, but cowboys can clean up quite easily. I'm assuming the same can be said for a much older hillbilly who wore the above outfit.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #68
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Horse****. That's really pathetic if you actually believe that. How is 'love everyone and let God figure it out' in ANY way "kill em all!"? That's just old old laugh out loud funny right there. And yes...no doubt. He is quite open about his past. That's pretty much directly inline with what he preaches (and what Christ taught as well). Go forth...and sin no more.
    At least I made you laugh.

    I don't think A&E should've let him go for personal opinions, though they had a right. I didn't agree with the way Phil voiced his opinions but he had a right. The cultural divide and political war of values and ideology is more noticeable from the extremes. Christ seem to be more "live and let live" than an egotistical whacko.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    He looks pretty young there.... "Sunday's best" certainly can't be that unheard of in his community. Granted my relatives would never have tolerated the long hair and ridiculously long beard (as it was a sign you were not masculine enough), and they're more the ranching type, but cowboys can clean up quite easily. I'm assuming the same can be said for a much older hillbilly who wore the above outfit.
    Back in the 70's some country friends of mine called me a girl, when I grew my hair collar length. They would've called Phil and clan all kinds of stuff....lol
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    At least I made you laugh.

    I don't think A&E should've let him go for personal opinions, though they had a right. I didn't agree with the way Phil voiced his opinions but he had a right. The cultural divide and political war of values and ideology is more noticeable from the extremes. Christ seem to be more "live and let live" than an egotistical whacko.



    Back in the 70's some country friends of mine called me a girl, when I grew my hair collar length. They would've called Phil and clan all kinds of stuff....lol
    That's just silly. You will never find an example where Christ did NOT preach adherence to morality or simply excused it and justified it. His apostles were sent forth to preach the word as well. You can choose to selectively take from it what you will, but that doesnt make it what you want it to be.

    The best example of Christs teaching on sin comes from his dealing with the crowd and the prostitute. SURELY...do not judge...thats not your place and we all fall short. But the sin? Well...the sin was still the sin. He didnt say, let this poor woman alone to continue to be a prostitute. Go forth...and sin no more.

  10. #70
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    An ignorant hillbilly that started a million dollar business. hmmm somehow they don't seem to line up together. Out of all of them i don't think phil has a college education but the rest do. that still didn't stop him from creating a million dollar business that has since grown.

    yet you have enough brain cells to make ignorant comments like the one above interesting.
    Phil has 2 degrees...but more importantly...what really pisses them off is that the redneck hillbilly is saying the same thing the current occupant of the White House has said about homosexuality. They are just too spineless to attack the guys they vote for.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •