Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Heres the thing. A large section of Christianity believes that homosexuality is a sin. You may HATE that...it may piss you off. It may cause you to turn red with rage. **** you. Thats your problem. Stating a belief that homosexuality is a sin is NOT an attack on homosexuals. Grow the **** up. Stating theft is a sin is NOT an attack on thieves. Stating murder is a sin is NOT an attack on murderers. It is a stated position on a behavior. A lifestyle. Nothing more...nothing less. If you dont agree with it then it should matter less to you than MY opinion. Because you know what? **** us...how you believe or act isnt OUR business either. If we arent trying to force you to change, then the stated position that homosexuality is a sin is just that...a stated position. Dont like it? YOUR problem.

    And heres another thing...if you are the type to get yourself all tied up in knots because someone expresses an opinion that you dont buy into then 1-you probably arent very happy with yourself. 2-If you get yourself worked up into a nice healthy outrage when a white conservative evangelical states that position but keep your mouth shut when the vast majority of black pastors and ministers in this country say the same thing...you have no character, no values, and no cause. If you get all bent out of shape when a white male beats up or kills a homosexual but wrap your face in duct tape when blacks or hispanics beat up or kill a homosexual, you have no character, no values, and no cause. If you eat it and ask for seconds when a democrat says that his opposition to gay marriage is based on immorality, then you have no character, no values and no cause. If you are the type that constantly freaks out when a Christian addresses homosexuality as a sin, and then are the first in line to defend Islam and entire countries and leaders that not only declare homosexuality to be an abomination but also put them to death for their lifestyle, then you have no character, no values, and no cause. If you scream your indignation about 'tolerance' and then lose your mind when someone dares to not agree with you, then you have no character, no values, and certainly...no cause.

    Neat it is every elses fault a phallocentric misogynist religion is that. Ya should look at your own back yard:

    19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

    3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

    4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

    7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

    8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

    10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

    11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”

  2. #22
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,704

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Neat it is every elses fault a phallocentric misogynist religion is that. Ya should look at your own back yard:

    19 When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the other side of the Jordan. 2 Large crowds followed him, and he healed them there.

    3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

    4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’[a] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’[b]? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

    7 “Why then,” they asked, “did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?”

    8 Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

    10 The disciples said to him, “If this is the situation between a husband and wife, it is better not to marry.”

    11 Jesus replied, “Not everyone can accept this word, but only those to whom it has been given. 12 For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”
    if your point is 'sin is sin' I am in full agreement. That's why it is so completely moronic that people will hear a sermon discussing multiple sins, if ore the rest of the sermon, and then lose their mind because I the midst of all the other sins discussed 'oh noes...he said homosexuality is a sin!!!'

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    if your point is 'sin is sin' I am in full agreement. That's why it is so completely moronic that people will hear a sermon discussing multiple sins, if ore the rest of the sermon, and then lose their mind because I the midst of all the other sins discussed 'oh noes...he said homosexuality is a sin!!!'
    no that is not is not my point and in the closet of your mind you know that

  4. #24
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    pervert-rights movement ....
    immoral freaks ...
    pervert lobby ...
    You are a hateful, hateful little man.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #25
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,141

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    What good guys? It's "reality TV", there's no winner in that.
    Trust me, I share your disgust with reality television. However, as far as programming goes, what's put out there, DD are the good guys.

  6. #26
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,141

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Who are the bad guys?
    A&E and any other employer, group, organization, et al who would try to silence an opposing belief or opinion.

  7. #27
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,141

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Maybe, but I care as much about it as I do Steven Segal going philosophical on the same network. I suppose I'll keep seeing these dudes when I go to the local Walmart, right next to Garth Brooks, NASCAR, and incorrectly hooked up HD TV's.

    Well, not everyone shares the same tastes. I personally have no love for reality TV. I can honestly say this is the only one I'll watch. Why? Because of what it is putting out there. It is a refreshing change from the morally corrupted, exploitative, agenda having, desensitizing garbage which fills most channels and I'd say all other reality TV programming.

    I don't go to Wally World so I'll take your word...still, I've Got Friends in Low Places, don't dislike Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks, and have never had problems setting up my 50"s...

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by brothern View Post
    I think it's a win for the LGBT community. This suspension was HUGE for social conservatives, and it garnered plenty of outraged backlash in conservative media outlets. Every conservative politician and conservative blog was talking about it.

    This is why I don't think it's a victory for them. A&E stuck to its guns until well after the outraged subsided. This ordeal gave clear indication to the slower adapting half of the country that anti-gay rhetoric is simply no longer appropriate or appreciated. That A&E/Disney and the national media will no longer give you a free-pass to slander other people with your Bible; and if you do, there will be consequences.
    That's cute. I think what really happened was people figured out the gay community will always come off as whiny bitches and lost interest. Being petty and artificially inflating your outrage might get you some attention for a while, but a kid throwing a tantrum is only interesting for so long. Eventually people realize that you can't reason with the child and just leave them alone until they get over it.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I wonder if the next time GLAAD opens their collective mouth will the action taken be faster or much slower because of this case.
    I doubt it they are becoming more like jesse jackson or al sharpton. pretty soon no one will pay attention to them either. one thing i have noticed about americans is that the more you scream and cry about every little offense the more people start to ignore you as they get tired of hearing it.

    Jesse jackson and al sharpton lost a ton of credibility when they didn't speak out against those black kids that beat that white boy up.

    Clearly this has deserved so much attention.
    it is a bigger issue than that. It goes that just because someone says something that you might not doesn't give the right to censor them. that is why we have the court of public opinion. if the public doesn't like it then they will vote with not watching the show or buying their products.

    Instead A&E and the LBGT or whatever it is called openned a can of worms and it backfired on them.

    tantrum is only interesting for so long. Eventually people realize that you can't reason with the child and just leave them alone until they get over it.
    yep that is what i do when my kids start that garbage i put them in a corner or in their rooms until they quit screaming. tell them if they do it again that i will send them back to it. half the time it is over nothing and they have to learn that they simply can't act that way.
    Last edited by ludin; 12-28-13 at 09:59 AM.

  10. #30
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: A&E calls off 'Duck Dynasty' suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    A&E and any other employer, group, organization, et al who would try to silence an opposing belief or opinion.
    Is that only when it matches your beliefs or opinions? If a gay person goes on a Christian network and offends Christian employees by drawing parallels between Christianity and terrorism/murder, will you be equally as appalled if they try to "silence" them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •