Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 136 of 136

Thread: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

  1. #131
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    As many on his end of the political spectrum believe, it ain't a lie until someone exposes it as a lie.
    And when it is exposed, they either refuse to address it or make a desperate attempt at diversion with another preposterous claim.
    Well, bubba, they are wising up. They aren't denying anything... they are either ignoring it, or trying to change the subject.

    "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied". Otto von Bismarck

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    As many on his end of the political spectrum believe, it ain't a lie until someone exposes it as a lie.
    And when it is exposed, they either refuse to address it or make a desperate attempt at diversion with another preposterous claim.
    Yes, we see that repeated throughout modern history from leftists but I have to ask 'Why'? Is it really worth deceiving ourselves as human beings in order to support a political belief and, if we have to lie to support it, shouldn't we be asking ourselves if it is worth it? Shouldn't personal pride also be a factor?

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, we see that repeated throughout modern history from leftists but I have to ask 'Why'? Is it really worth deceiving ourselves as human beings in order to support a political belief and, if we have to lie to support it, shouldn't we be asking ourselves if it is worth it? Shouldn't personal pride also be a factor?
    The standard of electing our Presidents, taking morality into account, has steadily eroded since the earliest years of our country. If we stay on this path we won't be America anymore.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,287

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Well, bubba, they are wising up. They aren't denying anything... they are either ignoring it, or trying to change the subject.

    "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied". Otto von Bismarck
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yes, we see that repeated throughout modern history from leftists but I have to ask 'Why'? Is it really worth deceiving ourselves as human beings in order to support a political belief and, if we have to lie to support it, shouldn't we be asking ourselves if it is worth it? Shouldn't personal pride also be a factor?
    I think it's an extension of the already corrupt "Ends justify the means" attitude.
    EXAMPLE: Think about how morally empty - no, make that morally unconcerned - a person would have to be to repeatedly assert that someone could keep, say, their healthcare plan and doctor, all the while knowing not only that they wouldn't be able to but also never acknowledging that it was the plan that they wouldn't be able to.
    We're talking about the very definition of being driven by blind ideology.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    The standard of electing our Presidents, taking morality into account, has steadily eroded since the earliest years of our country. If we stay on this path we won't be America anymore.
    That's what concerns me, J-Mac, and those other conservative people throughout the world, who value all the rights, freedoms and traditions for which our western democracies fought.. This is not just an American problem anymore but one with international interest and consequences.

    If the US is no longer an inspiration to the world, who will be? Have we all taken our freedoms and relative high standards of living for granted and actually believe we can change all the rules though more programs, higher debt, and bigger government, while also maintaining those same high standards?

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Susan Rice defends Benghazi interviews on 60 Minutes

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I think it's an extension of the already corrupt "Ends justify the means" attitude.
    EXAMPLE: Think about how morally empty - no, make that morally unconcerned - a person would have to be to repeatedly assert that someone could keep, say, their healthcare plan and doctor, all the while knowing not only that they wouldn't be able to but also never acknowledging that it was the plan that they wouldn't be able to.
    We're talking about the very definition of being driven by blind ideology.
    That politicians might bend the truth or avoid certain issues has always been with us but this is the first time in any democracy, as far as I know, that the electorate will not only accept the lies but eagerly support them as well. Yes, it is 'an end justifies the means' scenario but these poor fools have no idea what that end might be. They think they do, of course, but they haven't a clue.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •