Page 87 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 870 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #861
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The words "than now"? Pre-entitlement pre-welfare is being compared to the time of entitlement and welfare. He is clearly comparing then to now. Hence, his comment clearly states they were happier then than now.

    Your argument has just moved from absurd to the outright disingenuous.
    Wrong. Pre- is the time being asked about. Nothing more.

    He was speaking of his personal experience of that time. He made no comparison.

    Your assertions are nothing more than the product of biased convoluted thoughts.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #862
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,653

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong. Pre- is the time being asked about. Nothing more.

    He was speaking of his personal experience of that time. He made no comparison.

    Your assertions are nothing more than the product of biased convoluted thoughts.
    nonsense.

  3. #863
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,653

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No you didn't.
    The onus is on you to support yourt claim. Not on me to prove it wrong.
    Fine. I did that. You didn't. Thus. I am right. You are not.

  4. #864
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Fine. I did that. You didn't. Thus. I am right. You are not.
    And again. No you did not.
    Nor could you.

    So stop telling untruths.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #865
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,653

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again. No you did not.
    Nor could you.

    So stop telling untruths.
    THe only untruth is you pretending Phil did not compare then to now.

  6. #866
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    nonsense.
    Yes that is the word nonsense.
    It applies to your postings in regard to this topic.
    You are wrong.
    Pre- is the time being asked about. Nothing more.

    He was speaking of his personal experience of that time. He made no comparison.

    Your assertions are nothing more than the product of biased convoluted thoughts.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #867
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    THe only untruth is you pretending Phil did not compare then to now.
    Besides you being wrong ...

    There was no comparison made.
    You can show no comparison.
    He was asked about a specific period of time. He answered to the question. No comparison was made.
    Your assertions are nothing more than the product of biased convoluted thoughts
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #868
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,685

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    A married man resisting the urge to boink the redhead in the office next door is not quite the same as a homosexual trying to live all his/her life not being able to have sex at all or being forced to have sex with a woman/man. It would be like forcing a straight man to have sex with other men. You want that? Do you even understand that?
    Given the choice between sex with a man and celibacy the choice would be pretty easy. But then if I thought that there was absolutely nothing wrong with having sex with a man as a man then the choice of whether or not to be Christian would be pretty easy as well. Being Christian is voluntary.


    I think that there are shallow people who have no idea what they are talking about. Like I said, being gay and told to be straight is like if someone told you that you must now only have sex with other men or live celibate. It's not being denied sex with Ann Margret ot Raquel Welsch.
    I'm not telling a gay person to be straight. Your argument falls apart from there.


    Again. Imagine yourself in an alternate world where opposite sex couples were considered sinful, and you had to either have gay butt sex or live life with no one. How would you feel, especially if some Homo told you you were a sinner just for thinking of some sexy woman?
    If I was very determined in my belief that married, lifetime-monogamous heterosexual sex was good and not a sin then I would not ascribe to a religion that said otherwise. If I believed that the religion that said that married, lifetime-monogamous heterosexual sex was a sin was the righteous path set forth by God then I would battle my own personal desires in order to try and walk the righteous path.

    In other words, I'd be about the same but fighting different urges.

    I seriously doubt you have even the remotest idea what there people go through, which is why you anger me so much when you get on your high horse.
    You seriously doubt a great many things you are in fact wholly ignorant about, I find. I also really hope that is a typo and you really meant to type "their people" because that would be hilarious.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #869
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He answered as to his personal experience of the time. He made no comparison.
    He did both. Likely through the lenses of his owns bias. He was factually wrong concerning the blues. But he make a clear comparison between that time and pre-welfare. He states it clearly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #870
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    He did both. Likely through the lenses of his owns bias. He was factually wrong concerning the blues. But he make a clear comparison between that time and pre-welfare. He states it clearly.
    You are seeing things.
    He clearly makes no comparison.

    And you have no idea about what he heard or not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 87 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •