Page 85 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #841
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,705

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes. He was asked about the time period (an irrelevant fact). And he said than. Compared to now, they were happier. Pre (before) welfare. Comparison.
    Correct. Phil was asked about blacks prior to civil rights. He answered by saying "they" were happier then than now.

    Excon is just running up posts denying reality by saying the same thing over and over: He didn't say that.

  2. #842
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, pre (before) welfare. Repeating the question has nothing to do with it. He made the comparison.
    Pre was the time period. No comparison was made.
    And it was the question.
    He was not asked to compare that time period to that of today. There was no comparison made.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #843
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Correct. Phil was asked about blacks prior to civil rights. He answered by saying "they" were happier then than now.
    That is a lie.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #844
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,705

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More irrelevant deflection.
    He did nothing wrong.
    So of course he needs to be defended against bigoted idiots.
    Correct. He sis not do anything wrong. But, what he said was either racist or so ass-backward that most people would distance themselves from those comments.

  5. #845
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    But, what he said was either racist or so ass-backward that most people would distance themselves from those comments.
    Wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #846
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,705

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is a lie.
    Really. Explain to me how this
    Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    isn't saying "they" were happier then than now."

    I'd love to hear it.

  7. #847
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Pre was the time period. No comparison was made.
    And it was the question.
    He was not asked to compare that time period to that of today. There was no comparison made.
    Pre=before. Yes time period. Jim Crow compared to welfare. Time period. He said happier during the time if Jim Crow than post welfare. This is a comparison. It's also clear and simple understanding of language.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #848
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,705

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong.
    Nonsense. Explain to us how it wasn't racist or ass-backwards.

  9. #849
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nonsense. Explain to us how it wasn't racist or ass-backwards.

    You explain how it was.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #850
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Really. Explain to me how this

    isn't saying "they" were happier then than now."

    I'd love to hear it.
    Do you see anywhere in that the words "than now"?
    Of course you don't. So stop making things up.

    He was relating his personal experience of the time.
    Nothing more.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 85 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •