Page 83 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #821
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That also is a lie.
    So you condemn these remarks by Phil?

    "I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," the reality star said of growing up in pre-Civil-Rights-era Louisiana. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!"

    Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    Or do you agree with them?

  2. #822
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    So you condemn these remarks by Phil?
    Condemn them? WTF for?
    They are his personal experience. They are neither racist or prejudicial.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #823
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are factually incorrect.
    He is answering a question. Not making a comparison.

    You again are willfully ignoring that he was answering a question of a specific time period in his life.

    That is not making a comparison.


    You are choosing to see that which is not there. That is a product of your own irrational biased beliefs.


    It is clear that he is answering a question related to a specific time period, and he answered with his personal experience.

    Or do you really not understand repeating the question asked back to the person so there is no misunderstanding?

    He made no comparison. It was what he was asked.





    You are continuing with more absurdity?

    You really should stop bearing false witness.

    He was not speaking of all blacks. And you know that.
    So come back to reality, and leave your biased irrational beliefs behind.
    Why would he even say he never saw a black mistreated? He's either a "lynching denier" or one of the most ignorant white men on ****ing earth. I don't see Phil as ignorant. So that leaves only one thing: he's like those holocaust deniers, who swear Jews were never killed by Germans because they didn't see anything amiss in their small village.

  4. #824
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are factually incorrect.
    He is answering a question. Not making a comparison.

    You again are willfully ignoring that he was answering a question of a specific time period in his life.

    That is not making a comparison.


    You are choosing to see that which is not there. That is a product of your own irrational biased beliefs.


    It is clear that he is answering a question related to a specific time period, and he answered with his personal experience.

    Or do you really not understand repeating the question asked back to the person so there is no misunderstanding?

    He made no comparison. It was what he was asked.





    You are continuing with more absurdity?

    You really should stop bearing false witness.

    He was not speaking of all blacks. And you know that.
    So come back to reality, and leave your biased irrational beliefs behind.
    Doesn't matter what he was asked, he answered. He made a comparison. Pre: happier. Post: not as happy. A comparison. You can't change the facts.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #825
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Condemn them? WTF for?
    They are his personal experience. They are neither racist or prejudicial.
    Right, according to him Blacks were whistling ****ing Dixie in the fields.

  6. #826
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Doesn't matter what he was asked, he answered. He made a comparison. Pre: happier. Post: not as happy. A comparison. You can't change the facts.
    You are trying real hard to change the facts, but are still wrong.
    He made no such comparison.
    That is all a manifestation of your own delusional thoughts.
    There is no comparison there. Just an answer to a question asked.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #827
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Right, according to him Blacks were whistling ****ing Dixie in the fields.
    He never said anything about Dixie.
    Nor did he refer to all blacks.
    Which is just a further demonstration of your deluded biased thoughts.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #828
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He never said anything about Dixie.
    Nor did he refer to all blacks.
    Which is just a further demonstration of your deluded biased thoughts.
    Let's see. Singing. Check. Cotton fields. Check. Blacks. Check. Where? In Dixieland.

    I guess only those denying reality like you are here, repeatedly, don't get the analogy.

  9. #829
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,738

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are trying real hard to change the facts, but are still wrong.
    He made no such comparison.
    That is all a manifestation of your own delusional thoughts.
    There is no comparison there. Just an answer to a question asked.
    You are bending over backwards to avoid seeing that which is in front of your nose.

  10. #830
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Let's see. Singing. Check. Cotton fields. Check. Blacks. Check. Where? In Dixieland.

    I guess only those denying reality like you are here, repeatedly, don't get the analogy.
    You must be a paid shill.
    First you say "whistling ****ing Dixie " which he never said. When checked and shown you are wrong, you try to flip the script by then mentioning location which had nothing to do with what you said.

    The whole position that you have taken, and dishonestly argued, is simply wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 83 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •