Page 75 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #741
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is all in your head.
    He made no comparison. He was asked of his personal experience of that time.

    He answered without any comparison.
    "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    See the comparison? It's clear in what you quoted. He has his time frame off, but the comparison is clear right there.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #742
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    See the comparison? It's clear in what you quoted. He has his time frame off, but the comparison is clear right there.
    You are seeing things. He made no comparison.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #743
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,910

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    He was answering a question. He made no comparison.


    Wrong. You made it.
    As I said; "Nothing more than the manifestations of your biased thoughts."
    He spoke about his personal experience at that time. Nothing more.



    Wrong.
    Assumed.
    You are even assuming this statement is true without any supporting evidence.
    "We're also told that the contracts have morality clauses that give the network the right to get rid of cast members -- "
    Of course you are assuming and not providing the proof when asked.






    What the **** are you talking about?
    Your interpretation is what is uniquely wrong.
    Most folks do not see the manifestations of your ridiculously biased thoughts.
    Not at all. He's saying Blacks were happier before civil rights. That's either retarded or super racist. Not much left after that in other options.



    Link?
    The link to your lie, as well as your lie, is in the quote box.
    Prove it was a lie.

  4. #744
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I didn't say that is when he was. It is a general stating point.
    8 in 54
    9 in 55
    10 in 56
    11 in 57
    12 in 58

    When do you think he was out there working in the cotton field?
    Maybe in the Civil Rights era?
    Are you catching on now?
    Since he said "I hoed cotton with them." my guess he is was just lying. Or "making up a story" if you prefer. He was probably never out in the field hoeing cotton with "happy black people".

  5. #745
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are seeing things. He made no comparison.
    Pre means before. He gives two time periods (though he makes a huge mistake on them) and say during Jim Crow, happy. After not. That us a comparison. This is simple. You're willfully ignoring what's right there for all to see.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #746
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pre means before. He gives two time periods (though he makes a huge mistake on them) and say during Jim Crow, happy. After not. That us a comparison. This is simple. You're willfully ignoring what's right there for all to see.
    I hate to say it, but it seems like Excon doesn't have very good reading comprehension skills. I hope you can clarify Excon's thinking, I'm just not expecting much.

  7. #747
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,910

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is all in your head.
    He made no comparison. He was asked of his personal experience of that time.

    He answered without any comparison.

    "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    First of all, it's retarded because the Blues were invented right around that time.

    Second of all it's racist because he is talking about Blacks like they are a puppy dog or something. I mean, think about it. How would you feel if someone said about you that you were happier before you had the right to make your own decisions?

  8. #748
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    First of all, it's retarded because the Blues were invented right around that time.

    Second of all it's racist because he is talking about Blacks like they are a puppy dog or something. I mean, think about it. How would you feel if someone said about you that you were happier before you had the right to make your own decisions?
    Phil is factually challenged, true.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #749
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Not at all. He's saying Blacks were happier before civil rights. That's either retarded or super racist. Not much left after that in other options.
    No he isn't saying any such thing.
    That is an absurd take on his answer to a question.


    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Prove it was a lie.

    The onus is on you to prove your claim true, not on me to prove it untrue.
    As it stands, it is nothing more than a lie.


    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    First of all, it's retarded because the Blues were invented right around that time.
    First of all?
    First of all you are being ridiculous with such a claim.
    He was speaking of his own personal experience.
    And the blues being invented many years earlier has nothing to do with supporting your ridiculous claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Are the songs you consider blues, the same as what he thought were the blues and never heard?
    What was that? You don't know?
    Go figure.

    Or do you know if they never sang the blues because he just happened to be around happy folks?
    Do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Show he knows what that specific genre encompasses.

    And frankly, in April of 54 he was 8 years old.
    Give his personal recollection a break.

    Elvis may have heard the blues being sung 12 years earlier at that age, but I doubt Phil did, or if Phil did, knew what he was hearing.



    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Second of all it's racist because he is talking about Blacks like they are a puppy dog or something. I mean, think about it. How would you feel if someone said about you that you were happier before you had the right to make your own decisions?
    He never said any such thing.

    This is nothing more than the manifestations of your convoluted and biased thoughts.
    Last edited by Excon; 12-26-13 at 05:33 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #750
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Since he said "I hoed cotton with them." my guess he is was just lying. Or "making up a story" if you prefer. He was probably never out in the field hoeing cotton with "happy black people".
    Okay. So you got nothing other than disbelief. Figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    I hate to say it, but it seems like Excon doesn't have very good reading comprehension skills. I hope you can clarify Excon's thinking, I'm just not expecting much.
    It is your comprehension skills in question here.
    They clearly are unlearned.




    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Pre means before. He gives two time periods (though he makes a huge mistake on them) and say during Jim Crow, happy. After not. That us a comparison. This is simple. You're willfully ignoring what's right there for all to see.
    This is simple. He did not make any such comparison.
    You are willfully ignoring that he was answering a question of a specific time period in his life.

    That is not making a comparison.


    You are choosing to see that which is not there. That is a product of your own biases.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •