Page 74 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #731
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nonsense. It's clear that Robertson is saying "Blacks can't handle freedom." What else is he saying, when he says they were happier before civil rights?
    Where do you folks come up with this ****?

    He never said the were happier before civil rights.
    And what you said is nothing but a manifestation of your own ridiculously biased thoughts.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #732
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It does not support you claim at all.


    The above is nothing more than the manifestations of your biased thoughts.
    Follow. He made the comparison; not me. So, think.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #733
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is not the context.
    That is how the author chose to frame it.
    Phil was not speaking about Pre civil anything. He was speaking about his personal experience.
    There is no connection between what he said and any connotations you wish to absurdly assert.
    No, it's context. He compares then to now. Context.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #734
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,656

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Where do you folks come up with this ****?

    He never said the were happier before civil rights.
    And what you said is nothing but a manifestation of your own ridiculously biased thoughts.
    You obviously have a unique interpretation of this
    "I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," the reality star said of growing up in pre-Civil-Rights-era Louisiana. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!"

    Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    ...because most people see those statements exactly for what they are--"Blacks were happier before they could vote and stuff."

  5. #735
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You obviously have a unique interpretation of this

    ...because most people see those statements exactly for what they are--"Blacks were happier before they could vote and stuff."
    Yep. The. They were happier than now.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #736
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it's context. He compares then to now. Context.

    He was answering a question. He made no comparison.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Follow. He made the comparison; not me. So, think.
    Wrong. You made it.
    As I said; "Nothing more than the manifestations of your biased thoughts."
    He spoke about his personal experience at that time. Nothing more.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No it is not enough. An assumption is never enough when a definitive is asked for.
    You were specifically asked to provided said information to back up your claim and you repeatably fail.
    Reported. Not assumed.
    Wrong.
    Assumed.
    You are even assuming this statement is true without any supporting evidence.
    "We're also told that the contracts have morality clauses that give the network the right to get rid of cast members -- "
    Of course you are assuming and not providing the proof when asked.





    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You obviously have a unique interpretation of this

    ...because most people see those statements exactly for what they are--"Blacks were happier before they could vote and stuff."
    What the **** are you talking about?
    Your interpretation is what is uniquely wrong.
    Most folks do not see the manifestations of your ridiculously biased thoughts.


    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    link?
    Link?
    The link to your lie, as well as your lie, is in the quote box.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #737
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    He was answering a question. He made no comparison.


    Wrong. You made it.
    As I said; "Nothing more than the manifestations of your biased thoughts."
    He spoke about his personal experience at that time. Nothing more.



    Wrong.
    Assumed.
    You are even assuming this statement is true without any supporting evidence.
    "We're also told that the contracts have morality clauses that give the network the right to get rid of cast members -- "
    Of course you are assuming and not providing the proof when asked.






    What the **** are you talking about?
    Your interpretation is what is uniquely wrong.
    Most folks do not see the manifestations of your ridiculously biased thoughts.



    Link?
    The link to your lie, as well as your lie, is in the quote box.
    You are factually wrong. That was then a pond this now. He made a comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #738
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You are factually wrong. That was then a pond this now. He made a comparison.
    That would be you who is factually wrong. He was answering a question. He made no comparison.
    That is all in your head.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #739
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That would be you who is factually wrong. He was answering a question. He made no comparison.
    That is all in your head.
    The question was about that time period. The answer was they were happy back then (a time of oppression), unlike now. That us a comparison.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #740
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The question was about that time period. The answer was they were happy back then (a time of oppression), unlike now. That us a comparison.
    That is all in your head.
    He made no comparison. He was asked of his personal experience of that time.

    He answered without any comparison.

    "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •