Page 131 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1301
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,862

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    I'm sure Phil feels the say way about you. Just saying.
    Phil is not alone with those thoughts.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #1302
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Whose fault is that. They are on every network TV show mow. It is mandatory to have an interracial couple as well as at least on gay character on every show.

    Even if you wanted to avoid gays, there is no way to if you turn on a TV.
    Yeah, isn't that awful? Heterosexual couples are everywhere. On the streets, on busses, in restaurants, on TV; you just can't get away from them. Seems mandatory to have them on every show. And the all-white couples! yeesh. Thrown in my face. Even if I want to avoid straights, I just can't do it.

  3. #1303
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Funny. Gays don't seem to cross my path much, unless we're talking about distant relatives of mine or the wife. Maybe it's because we don't watch TV much and rarely do anything except ride bikes and take our dog to the park.

    My wife occasionally watches Real Housewives, and I hear a gay guy hosts that show. He is an obnoxious PITA, from what I can tell, but so is the show. I don't blame that on Gays...unless you blame Reality TV on them. Maybe that is why Phil is so obsessed with them.

    Interesting that you don't run across them much (that you know of). I hate to say "some of my best friends are...." but we were just out to lunch with friends yesterday; a married couple, both female. When Prop 8 was on the ballot, I gave money to the anti-Prop 8 side whenever I had another friend get married in a same sex marriage... cost me some money! And I've of course worked with LGBTs over the years, including now. I used to be pretty active with NOW, so of course got to be friends with lesbians, as well as straight women.

    TV-wise, unfortunately, I don't see as many; but happened to notice at the end of "Strictly Ballroom" that in the big dance scene there were female dance couples.

    Remember Uhura and Kirk kissing on "Star Trek"? it was the first inter-racial kiss on TV. The more we see inter-racial couples and same sex couples on TV, the less bigotry will be around.

    Also, of course, having friends and relatives come out of the closet has really helped society become more accepting and less bigoted.

  4. #1304
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film

    The producer and creator of the A&E show “Duck Dynasty” once starred in a dark, homoerotic indie film about the gay porn industry called “The Fluffer.”

    BuzzFeed reported Friday that in 2001, Scott Gurney played a “gay-for-pay” meth addict who acts in erotic videos. The film premiered that year at the Toronto Film Festival.

    “The Fluffer” revolved around the destructive relationship between Gurney’s character and a gay college student — played by Michael Cunio — employed to keep Gurney aroused on set during filming.

    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film | The Raw Story
    What's your ad hom point?

  5. #1305
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,705

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Interesting that you don't run across them much (that you know of). I hate to say "some of my best friends are...." but we were just out to lunch with friends yesterday; a married couple, both female. When Prop 8 was on the ballot, I gave money to the anti-Prop 8 side whenever I had another friend get married in a same sex marriage... cost me some money! And I've of course worked with LGBTs over the years, including now. I used to be pretty active with NOW, so of course got to be friends with lesbians, as well as straight women.

    TV-wise, unfortunately, I don't see as many; but happened to notice at the end of "Strictly Ballroom" that in the big dance scene there were female dance couples.

    Remember Uhura and Kirk kissing on "Star Trek"? it was the first inter-racial kiss on TV. The more we see inter-racial couples and same sex couples on TV, the less bigotry will be around.

    Also, of course, having friends and relatives come out of the closet has really helped society become more accepting and less bigoted.
    I probably meet gays all the time, but unlike the Righties here, I don't really pay it any mind.

  6. #1306
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What's your ad hom point?
    Really seriously you asking this? Look at what I was responding to and lighten up a little bit

  7. #1307
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I probably meet gays all the time, but unlike the Righties here, I don't really pay it any mind.
    Yeah, people are people... what they do in the bedroom doesn't concern me....

    I remember an incident one time - friends of mine (lesbian couple) were walking down the street together. A street guy started yelling to one of them "Hey! Hey! SHE" (pointing to the other one) "Is a lesbian!!!"

    cracked us all up. What did he think the one he was talking to was? And why did anyone care?

    I've been cycling with my then-boyfriend, now husband, and had guys drive by and call him fag... Now there is NO WAY they can't tell I'm female. So funny they jump to that assumption because he was in cycling clothes... as opposed jumping to the conclusion he was straight because he was riding with a woman.

    Lesson: don't jump to assumptions...

  8. #1308
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Yeah, isn't that awful? Heterosexual couples are everywhere. On the streets, on busses, in restaurants, on TV; you just can't get away from them. Seems mandatory to have them on every show. And the all-white couples! yeesh. Thrown in my face. Even if I want to avoid straights, I just can't do it.
    I am sorry you didn't understand the point.

  9. #1309
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I am sorry you didn't understand the point.
    The point is you are a bigot; because you don't like gays/lesbians, you want them to hide away in shame.

    Glad the rest of the country is changing or has changed already!

    Did my point get you to see just how bigoted you are? What if we said such things about heterosexuals? how would YOU feel?

    I wrote a paper in high school for an English class. .... IVF had been perfected, so no one had to have sex to have babies, so everyone reverted back to what they preferred - which was gay/lesbian.

    Pretty forward looking for 1979, huh?

    (wow, did I just date myself? ...(grin))

  10. #1310
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,862

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I probably meet gays all the time, but unlike the Righties here, I don't really pay it any mind.
    Nor much else.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •