Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1291
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,128

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    You don't find it ironic that someone thi is marrying off minor children is OK but sex between consenting adults is a sin?

    What century do you live in?
    You do realize that marrying off minors has just recently (like just in the 20th century) been considered a social taboo while homosexuality has always been?

  2. #1292
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    Keeping silent about my personal disgust and disapproval of gays is forcing me to deny who I am. I believe in telling the truth even if it hurts your feelings and even if it's in public.
    No problem. But if you get fired, or get nasty emails, or get someone telling you you're an idiot - you need to be willing to accept those consequences.

    Say what you want; but accept consequences.

  3. #1293
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Absolutely. He can't get homosexuals off his mind. Thats just weird.

    Why would any grown up be obsessed with what consenting adults do in private? Are you all freaked because some hetero couple is having oral sex--do you preach about it, does Phil?

    He's either latently gay (very possible) or a bigot.
    Whose fault is that. They are on every network TV show mow. It is mandatory to have an interracial couple as well as at least on gay character on every show.

    Even if you wanted to avoid gays, there is no way to if you turn on a TV.

  4. #1294
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    And according to Phil your opinion "sucks"
    Well, considering I think Phil is an idiot...

    So what?

  5. #1295
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Stop being silly.
    No it wasn't.
    He was not asked to compare anything. He was not asked to compare then to now, or then to the days of slavery or any other absurd thing you assert.

    He was asked about his personal experience of a specific time period.


    As was said, that is your assumption. I do not dispute that,

    But that is not what was asked for.
    Again. Provide the clause.
    Of course it did. Pre means before; therefore it can be nothing but a comparison.

    You may want to read the second part again. You're selectively misunderstanding it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1296
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Whose fault is that. They are on every network TV show mow.


    It is mandatory to have an interracial couple as well as at least on gay character on every show.

    Even if you wanted to avoid gays, there is no way to if you turn on a TV.
    Funny. Gays don't seem to cross my path much, unless we're talking about distant relatives of mine or the wife. Maybe it's because we don't watch TV much and rarely do anything except ride bikes and take our dog to the park.

    My wife occasionally watches Real Housewives, and I hear a gay guy hosts that show. He is an obnoxious PITA, from what I can tell, but so is the show. I don't blame that on Gays...unless you blame Reality TV on them. Maybe that is why Phil is so obsessed with them.

  7. #1297
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    My wife occasionally watches Real Housewives, and I hear a gay guy hosts that show. He is an obnoxious PITA, from what I can tell, but so is the show. I don't blame that on Gays...unless you blame Reality TV on them. Maybe that is why Phil is so obsessed with them.
    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film

    The producer and creator of the A&E show “Duck Dynasty” once starred in a dark, homoerotic indie film about the gay porn industry called “The Fluffer.”

    BuzzFeed reported Friday that in 2001, Scott Gurney played a “gay-for-pay” meth addict who acts in erotic videos. The film premiered that year at the Toronto Film Festival.

    “The Fluffer” revolved around the destructive relationship between Gurney’s character and a gay college student — played by Michael Cunio — employed to keep Gurney aroused on set during filming.

    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film | The Raw Story

  8. #1298
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film
    No ****?

    The producer and creator of the A&E show “Duck Dynasty” once starred in a dark, homoerotic indie film about the gay porn industry called “The Fluffer.”

    BuzzFeed reported Friday that in 2001, Scott Gurney played a “gay-for-pay” meth addict who acts in erotic videos. The film premiered that year at the Toronto Film Festival.

    “The Fluffer” revolved around the destructive relationship between Gurney’s character and a gay college student — played by Michael Cunio — employed to keep Gurney aroused on set during filming.

    ‘Duck Dynasty’ creator Scott Gurney starred in indie ‘gay porn’ film | The Raw Story
    Man, I sure could have gone through life without knowing that.

  9. #1299
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    By J ~ FACTS:
    no content was ignored by ME
    no assumption were made by ME
    no assertions were made by ME
    YOUR two statements were factually wrong

    As usual facts, links and definitions destroy your posts and prove them wrong

    as always, I ASK AGAIN, if you disagree simply stay on topic, stay civil and post any facts/links/quotes you have that prove otherwise, you can't and you won't


    I came back to check to see if any new or relevant had been said.
    Apparently not.
    Just the same bs.

    The facts have not changed and they have already proved your assertions wrong.
    Your thinking otherwise is quite hilarious.




    Fact: You were already told that they both being sins was not the comparison being discussed or the alleged comparison that has folks in an uproar.
    You assumed and were wrong because of the assumption
    He did not equate homosexuality to bestiality. Saying so is a lie. He made no such comparison.
    He said they were sins. That is all.



    Just give it up.

    Though I am right and you are wrong, neither of us is going to back down.

    This isn't going anywhere. Just give it up.
    Why don't you try actually quoting where he said what you claimed he said instead of constantly bickering back and forth about it?
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  10. #1300
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Well, considering I think Phil is an idiot...

    So what?
    I'm sure Phil feels the say way about you. Just saying.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •