Page 129 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1281
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Phil showed his ignorance and bigotry quite clearly.
    Bigotry?

  2. #1282
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,867

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Why not say that because I bet that not one of them cares what you think, nor do they care what Phil Robertson thinks, who they probably didn't know until this.

    Why are you so upset when they are not?
    Because I'm smart enough to know that what two or more consenting adults do that harms no one is not sin. Sin is a childish concept, and I'm stunned so many adults cling to it like they are still 12 freaking years old.

  3. #1283
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,867

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Bigotry?
    Absolutely. He can't get homosexuals off his mind. Thats just weird.

    Why would any grown up be obsessed with what consenting adults do in private? Are you all freaked because some hetero couple is having oral sex--do you preach about it, does Phil?

    He's either latently gay (very possible) or a bigot.

  4. #1284
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Not all Christians...just hose who like to hurl the word "sin" around while pointing their finger at a sexual orientation minority.

    So you like Christians that don't discuss what is actually in the Bible?


    No it wasn't. But, spin away, Maestro.

    Pro-Tip: Your lack of an argument since that was posted is the give away.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #1285
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,867

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    So you like Christians that don't discuss what is actually in the Bible?
    I believe real Chrisitans would not call other people sinners. Just my opinions.


    Pro-Tip: Your lack of an argument since that was posted is the give away.
    What's to argue? He said 15 and 16 year old girls make better wives than 20 year old ones. Thats just assinine.

    You're the who put his credibility out there to defend that stupid comment. The rest of us just shake our heads at the stupidity of it.

  6. #1286
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Absolutely. He can't get homosexuals off his mind. Thats just weird.

    Why would any grown up be obsessed with what consenting adults do in private? Are you all freaked because some hetero couple is having oral sex--do you preach about it, does Phil?

    He's either latently gay (very possible) or a bigot.
    He was asked what is sinful, and responded. The truly obsessed with homosexuals are the ones that say you cannot reference something saying homosexuality is a sin.

    As long as regulating what I can eat is also bigotry (which it is not), your argument makes no sense.

  7. #1287
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I believe real Chrisitans would not call other people sinners. Just my opinions.
    If I name a sin according to the Bible I can't help but call the people who engage in that act sinners according to the Bible. The difference is that in the case of Phil Robertson he named a litany of sins and admitted that he is a sinner like everyone else.

    Anyway, when you decide to stop telling people you think they are wrong feel free to fault others for doing so.

    What's to argue? He said 15 and 16 year old girls make better wives than 20 year old ones. Thats just assinine.
    No, your initial argument was that he was telling middle aged men to marry 15 and 16 year olds and you called it ephedopilia. You were wrong and you made the mistake of trying to fill in the gaps left by the shortened quote.

    This isn't surprising since you also show a propensity to fill in your knowledge gaps of other people with wholly ignorant bullsh** straight from your imagination.

    You're the who put his credibility out there to defend that stupid comment. The rest of us just shake our heads at the stupidity of it.
    I defend the comment against your ignorant and false characterizatiion of it. I already said I don't think 15 or 16 is a good age to get married, but your characterization of his comment as ephebophilia was over the top stupidity and needed to be challenged.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #1288
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,867

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    If I name a sin according to the Bible I can't help but call the people who engage in that act sinners according to the Bible. The difference is that in the case of Phil Robertson he named a litany of sins and admitted that he is a sinner like everyone else.

    Anyway, when you decide to stop telling people you think they are wrong feel free to fault others for doing so.



    No, your initial argument was that he was telling middle aged men to marry 15 and 16 year olds and you called it ephedopilia. You were wrong and you made the mistake of trying to fill in the gaps left by the shortened quote.

    This isn't surprising since you also show a propensity to fill in your knowledge gaps of other people with wholly ignorant bullsh** straight from your imagination.



    I defend the comment against your ignorant and false characterizatiion of it. I already said I don't think 15 or 16 is a good age to get married, but your characterization of his comment as ephebophilia was over the top stupidity and needed to be challenged.
    This post is such crap. Look. You either agree with Robertaon that marrying 15 and 16 year old girls is better than 20 year olds or not. Ok? Which is it?

    You have no right to call others sinners. None. You can't hide behind your bible and point. It's cowardly.

  9. #1289
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,867

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    If I name a sin according to the Bible I can't help but call the people who engage in that act sinners according to the Bible. The difference is that in the case of Phil Robertson he named a litany of sins and admitted that he is a sinner like everyone else.

    Anyway, when you decide to stop telling people you think they are wrong feel free to fault others for doing so.



    No, your initial argument was that he was telling middle aged men to marry 15 and 16 year olds and you called it ephedopilia. You were wrong and you made the mistake of trying to fill in the gaps left by the shortened quote.

    This isn't surprising since you also show a propensity to fill in your knowledge gaps of other people with wholly ignorant bullsh** straight from your imagination.



    I defend the comment against your ignorant and false characterizatiion of it. I already said I don't think 15 or 16 is a good age to get married, but your characterization of his comment as ephebophilia was over the top stupidity and needed to be challenged.
    You don't find it ironic that someone thi is marrying off minor children is OK but sex between consenting adults is a sin?

    What century do you live in?

  10. #1290
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I believe real Chrisitans would not call other people sinners. Just my opinions.



    What's to argue? He said 15 and 16 year old girls make better wives than 20 year old ones. Thats just assinine.

    You're the who put his credibility out there to defend that stupid comment. The rest of us just shake our heads at the stupidity of it.
    And according to Phil your opinion "sucks"
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •