Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1231
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    If they are going to use it I would suspect so
    But they officially un-suspended him today, so it was all an academic exercise.

  2. #1232
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    whoops, just saw the thread ban warning so rephrasing this

    Excon, Mason, a lot of us read the comments differently from you; and I doubt we'll convince you anymore than you will convince us.
    You are right. The English language has words and words have meaning. They cannot be changed because you think they mean something else.

  3. #1233
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    He did something I cannot do in my professional life. Were I to do it, there would be small chance of recovery for me. He's lucky.

    Freedom of speech, comes with consequences. Live with that. He signed a contract that in all likelihood includes a clause that covers issues like this. If it did not, A & E couldn't have suspended him without fear of legal reprisal. So Phil suffered the consequences of his actions. Nothing wrong with that.

    Yes is it different. Phil expressed his beliefs. When gays are forced to remain silent about being gay, it's denying who they are, not a belief. Two different concepts.

    And apparently, Phil does believe in tolerance according to the A & E statement released today. In part:




    So, I guess he's had a change of heart.
    Keeping silent about my personal disgust and disapproval of gays is forcing me to deny who I am. I believe in telling the truth even if it hurts your feelings and even if it's in public.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  4. #1234
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Phil has every right to say any stupid thing he wants. No crime. And A&E can fire him, rehire him and promote him all they want to. And, gays can boycott if they want to. And, anyone can watch or not watch the Dynasty thing as much or as little as they choose to as well.


    Being "OK" with homosexuality should not really be the issue. Hell, I'm not "OK" with it. But, I'm not going to tell Homosexuals that they are sinners who will be sent to hell unless they start ****ing girls either. They are what they are, and not by choice. It's thier lot in life to be attracted to the same sex. THat, to me, sounds like quite a burden already.
    Why not say that because I bet that not one of them cares what you think, nor do they care what Phil Robertson thinks, who they probably didn't know until this.

    Why are you so upset when they are not?

  5. #1235
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    I believe that you would batter someone for speaking. Absolutely.

    I personally would not. But my supported positions and way I act are not based in hysterical emotions, so that might be the difference.



    Must be those emotions kicking back in.
    Personally I would not either but that is because I think this is Hell and you make it good or bad, that is your choice.

    From here we go to a better place.

    That is the only think that makes sense.

  6. #1236
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    he was justly punished thats all they had to do per their opinion of his behavior
    Please define the word punished in this context. Nothing happened to him in any way.

  7. #1237
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    Seriously? Now THAT is funny!

    all those rough tough duck dynasty viewers going out to buy little yellow rubber duckies... thanks for the laugh, I hadn't heard about that!
    Some could be black.

  8. #1238
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He answered a question of a specific time period about his personal experience. He made no such comparison.


    Fox news? iLOL
    Name the actual source and provide the clause you say exists, or stop with the absurdities.
    1) the question was a comparison. He answered it. It's a comparison.

    2) standard contract. Without reports an intelligent person would assume it's there. However, we have two reports. That's enough.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #1239
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,960

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If you don't like the restrictions of your job, get another one.
    Ditto Phil.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  10. #1240
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,960

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    Keeping silent about my personal disgust and disapproval of gays is forcing me to deny who I am. I believe in telling the truth even if it hurts your feelings and even if it's in public.
    Nope. It is not WHO you are. It is a belief. Something you choose.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •