Page 118 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1171
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    If you mean by not equating them as the same thing but as two things that are grouped irrelevant of him, sure.
    I dont mean anythign im simply goig by facts and the actual defintion of the words

    Comparison
    : the act of suggesting that two or more things are similar ]or in the same category
    Comparison - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    he put them all in the same category thus factually comparing them

    : to treat, represent, or regard as[/SIZE] equal, equivalent, orcomparable[/SIZE]
    Equate - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    he did treat them, represent them and regard them as comparable sins
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1172
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    he did treat them, represent them and regard them as comparable sins
    Sins only, no comparison given.

  3. #1173
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    1.)Sins only
    2.), no comparison given.
    1.) which was factually a comparison and equation
    2.) 100% false and a lie against facts, his quotes, links and the definition of the words all prove you 100% factually wrong

    remind me what do you have supporting your argument against facts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #1174
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    He answered about a specific time period.
    You saying he made a comparison is a lie.

    He made no comparison.
    He wasn't asked which was better. He wasn't even asked to make a comparison. He was asked specifically about his experience of the time to which he answered.
    Stop being dishonest.
    I'm sorry, but pre is before. It's a comparison. It's simple communication.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #1175
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you are wrong.
    You have no definitive source that can say any such thing.
    Secondly you were asked for the actual clause which you have failed to provide.
    Fox News isn't specific? I'm sorry, but you're just closing your eyes.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #1176
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    comparison and equation
    Only semantically (and for the wrong reasons).

  7. #1177
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    1. Some reason?
    Phil Robertson Was No Fan of Chicago, Either | NBC Chicago

    Phil is apparently so ignorant, he thinks all Mormons are from SLC Utah.
    One might say it is the height of hypocrisy for you to fault Phil Robertson for lumping all Mormons together when your vile hatred spewed through this entire thread is of the singular purpose of lumping all Christians together... and one would be right to say so.

    2. Sorry, but you defending Phil's quote stating that 20-year-old females will pick your pocket and are bad options for marriage but fifteen and sixteen year-olds are A-OK is such a lost cause, you really ought just back away. Unless, of course, you want to reinforce the stereotype about redneck Christians thinking a woman should be barefoot pregnant and ignorant. Not to mention, insulting all women who are in their twenties out there.
    You have been shown that your characterization of the quote, and who it was directed to, was completely wrong. Learn to accept your error with dignity.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #1178
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Nope. Your interpretations are wrong.
    Nope yours are.
    Even Phil agrees with me.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1179
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt View Post
    Only semantically (and for the wrong reasons).
    factually by the definition of the word and for 100% accurate reasons

    once again you dodged and ran from the question, i wonder why?
    ill ask again

    remind me what factual things you have supporting your argument against facts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1180
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,479

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    One might say it is the height of hypocrisy for you to fault Phil Robertson for lumping all Mormons together when your vile hatred spewed through this entire thread is of the singular purpose of lumping all Christians together... and one would be right to say so.
    Not all Christians...just hose who like to hurl the word "sin" around while pointing their finger at a sexual orientation minority.


    You have been shown that your characterization of the quote, and who it was directed to, was completely wrong. Learn to accept your error with dignity.
    No it wasn't. But, spin away, Maestro.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •