Page 110 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1091
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    A great loss of viewers of THAT show.
    A 71% drop.

    According to the latest television ratings numbers, “Duck Dynasty,” which held the top spot on cable television’s list with 8.885 million viewers in weeks prior, dropped to only 2.521 million viewers overnight. That’s a 71.6% decrease, enough to prove to A&E that their decision will have serious implications on their viewership.
    'Duck Dynasty' Ratings Plummet After A&E Boycott - Wide Open Spaces

    While I am sure it is temporary, it was a great loss.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    A great outpouring of viewers of THAT show.
    Yes.
    Websites, Facebook pages, and petitions.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #1092
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you have no facts or links that make your already proven wrong statements true.

    1.) again facts and a link prove you wrong
    2.) never said it was nor did my accurate statement nor did your factually wrong statement
    3.) see #2
    4.) correct because again it changes nothing my statement was still accurate and your two statements were both 100% factually wrong as proven by facts and links
    5.) nothing to admit
    remember this conversation is about your two false statements which are about the topic, nothing else. There was nothing wrong with my statement. Your two statements have been proven factually wrong. He did in fact make a comparison and equate them. This will never change.

    the mistakes were yours when you made blind assumptions.

    By all means though if you disagree simply feel free to post any facts or links that make your two false statements true, we'd love to read them. You either have facts to support your false statements or you dont. Id gladly discuss it or you can simply admit your statements were wrong and you misspoke.
    Stop with your silly game J. It is the only reason you are here.
    The facts show - you are wrong and doing nothing more than playing your silly little dishonest game.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1093
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    He was lecturing about the benefits of marrying 15 and 16 year old girls,.
    On this business of the benefits of marrying 15 and 16 year-old girls,
    the Evangelicals and Mormons would seem to have some common ground..

    Now can the Evangelicals make that leap to Polygamy, or just stay home as with Romney ?
    Physics is Phun

  4. #1094
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    He was lecturing about the benefits of marrying 15 and 16 year old girls, as opposed to 20 year old one, to a room full of middle aged men. Somehow, I don't see that applying to teenagers marrying each other.
    You are sadly showing your ignorance once again.

    Video Here of the statement in context

    The advice he was giving in that passage was to a young man he met, not to the audience. Stop being an idiot.

    But, keep spinning that broken record, Baby. I love seeing religious types lie their asses off to promote their pet causes and defend their degenerate heroes.
    Add "lie" to the long list of words that Calamity doesn't understand. You are the one spinning.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #1095
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    According to the latest television ratings numbers, “Duck Dynasty,” which held the top spot on cable television’s list with 8.885 million viewers in weeks prior, dropped to only 2.521 million viewers overnight. That’s a 71.6% decrease, enough to prove to A&E that their decision will have serious implications on their viewership.
    'Duck Dynasty' Ratings Plummet After A&E Boycott - Wide Open Spaces

    While I am sure it is temporary, it was a great loss.


    .
    Why assume it is A&Es fault and not the stupid stuff ducky man said?

  6. #1096
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    A 71% drop.

    According to the latest television ratings numbers, “Duck Dynasty,” which held the top spot on cable television’s list with 8.885 million viewers in weeks prior, dropped to only 2.521 million viewers overnight. That’s a 71.6% decrease, enough to prove to A&E that their decision will have serious implications on their viewership.
    'Duck Dynasty' Ratings Plummet After A&E Boycott - Wide Open Spaces

    While I am sure it is temporary, it was a great loss.


    Yes.
    Websites, Facebook pages, and petitions.
    It is Christmas week, who watches their normal TV during that week?

  7. #1097
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Why assume it is A&Es fault and not the stupid stuff ducky man said?
    Because of the backlash against what they did.
    Even Glaad felt the backlash.

    Secondly, what he said, the behavior being a sin, is not controversial.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #1098
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    It is Christmas week, who watches their normal TV during that week?
    Then you should be able to find and show a similar viewership drop around each time every year.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1099
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)Stop with your silly game J. It is the only reason you are here.
    2.)The facts show - you are wrong and doing nothing more than playing your silly little dishonest game.
    translation: you STILL have no facts or links that make your already proven wrong statements true.

    1.) no game, please stay on topic.
    you attacked my factually accurate statements about the topic and called it wrong which they have been proven true, Then made two proven wrong statements. I asked you if you disagree to please provide any facts and links that support you like i did. You keep dodging that request because you know your two statements were factually wrong.

    2.) what facts? you havent provided any, not one, i gave facts and links that prove your statements wrong, if you disagree simply provide facts the prove your statments true and stop deflecting and trying to make the topic about me, im not the topic.

    facts destroy your post and statements again

    your two false statements:
    "Stating they are sins, is not making a comparison."
    "and you would also be wrong if you are asserting that he equated the two behaviors"

    Facts links and the definitions of the word comparison and equate all prove your statements factually wrong. He 100% did compare them and equate them.

    As always please stay on topic, remain civil and simply address the issue, provide your FACTS now or admit both your statements are factually wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #1100
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,649

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Then you should be able to find and show a similar viewership drop around each time every year.
    I don't know, but I got a Chromecast for Christmas and I've been playing with that for a few days.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •