Page 109 of 132 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1081
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    A&E has had more negative backlash to their decision than positive. Glaad has had much too.

    Do you honestly think A&E is not going to reverse itself on this like the Cracker Barrel did??

    They probably will. But as I just said, if they hadn't suspended him, the network is tacitly endorsing his comments. They acted prudently to try to limit the damage to their overall brand.

    MSNBC jettisoned Martin Bahir and Alec Baldwin over their comments to protect their brand.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  2. #1082
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    your are free to have the factually proven false opinion but facts and links prove your statements 100% wrong.
    By all means though if you disagree simply feel free to post any facts or links that make your two false statements true, we'd love to read them.
    Wrong.
    They being categorized as sin is not what the uproar is about.
    There was no direct equation between the behaviors.

    Which is not something I need to keep pointing out.

    So either be honest enough to admit that, or push on.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #1083
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Maybe she doesn't know that Phil wasn't always an old man with a beard.
    I just assumed that she couldn't tell that Miss Kay is older than 15.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #1084
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I just assumed that she couldn't tell that Miss Kay is older than 15.
    Well women do age faster than men.

    I don't know what the argument is about anyway.

    The human race is pretty much doomed in the US.

    If people don't start marrying and having kids earlier, there will be more and more babies with birth defects and that will become the norm.

    Society cannot change human biology and humans need to have the babies early in life to raise them correctly.

    Waiting until the 30s or 40s is counter productive to the survival of the race.

  5. #1085
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    They probably will. But as I just said, if they hadn't suspended him, the network is tacitly endorsing his comments. They acted prudently to try to limit the damage to their overall brand.
    I understand your point.
    Had they just issued a statement (which should be fine in this world) then Glaad would have carried through with what ever they threatened them with.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #1086
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    He explained what he SAW. How can 50 years change what he SAW.

    Is this a hard concept for you. Think back to when you were 8, did you see everything for how it was or how you understood it?

    You can't take away his memories from him nor can you call him a liar for what he remembers.
    He shopuld have had his eyes checked

  7. #1087
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,923

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    His suspension has already shown a great loss of viewership and an outpouring of support.
    What remains to be seen is if this continues.
    A great loss of viewers of THAT show. A great outpouring of viewers of THAT show. Maybe they are the DD network and and they did damage to their overall brand? It does remain to be seen.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  8. #1088
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    1.)Wrong.
    2.)They being categorized as sin is not what the uproar is about.
    3.) There was no direct equation between the behaviors.
    4.) Which is not something I need to keep pointing out.
    5.) So either be honest enough to admit that, or push on.
    translation: you have no facts or links that make your already proven wrong statements true.

    1.) again facts and a link prove you wrong
    2.) never said it was nor did my accurate statement nor did your factually wrong statement
    3.) see #2
    4.) correct because again it changes nothing my statement was still accurate and your two statements were both 100% factually wrong as proven by facts and links
    5.) nothing to admit
    remember this conversation is about your two false statements which are about the topic, nothing else. There was nothing wrong with my statement. Your two statements have been proven factually wrong. He did in fact make a comparison and equate them. This will never change.

    the mistakes were yours when you made blind assumptions.

    By all means though if you disagree simply feel free to post any facts or links that make your two false statements true, we'd love to read them. You either have facts to support your false statements or you dont. Id gladly discuss it or you can simply admit your statements were wrong and you misspoke.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #1089
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    He shopuld have had his eyes checked
    Yes 8 years olds are known for understand all the sociopolitical situations going on around them.

    Good for you for pointing that out.

  10. #1090
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,808

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    A great loss of viewers of THAT show. A great outpouring of viewers of THAT show. Maybe they are the DD network and and they did damage to their overall brand? It does remain to be seen.
    yep or they are happier with less ratings and a better image in their view. Like i said only A&E can make that decision.

    I personally wouldnt sell out
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •