Page 106 of 132 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1317

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

  1. #1051
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,484

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    uh huh....so is the hypocrisy, racism and bigot that Phil Robertson expresses such sorrow for saying publicly...knowing full well that he said bigoted and racist comments in his GQ interview...because he is actually all of those things.
    big·ot

    /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled [big-uht] Show IPA noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.




    rac·ist

    /ˈreɪsɪst/ Show Spelled [rey-sist] Show IPA noun 1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.





    Nothing Phil Robertson falls into either of these categories.

    Do you have anything else?

  2. #1052
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,567

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    big·ot

    /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled [big-uht] Show IPA noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.




    rac·ist

    /ˈreɪsɪst/ Show Spelled [rey-sist] Show IPA noun 1. a person who believes in racism, the doctrine that a certain human race is superior to any or all others.





    Nothing Phil Robertson falls into either of these categories.

    Do you have anything else?
    Mason...man, you believe what you will.

  3. #1053
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,484

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Mason...nawwwwwwwwwwh....now your being silly. What are you...like 12?
    Your point is that a picture of the sons without beards make them Yuppies.

    I don't have a beard so I must be a yuppie too.

    Do you know what Yuppie means?

  4. #1054
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,484

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Look, these guys...the Robertsons you see in the pictures that I posted...that is the genuine Robertsons. Don't accept it...that's up to you. You wanna believe that they Duck Dynasty look is the true Robertsons...go for it.
    Who are you to decide what is the real them and what is not.

    How long ago were those pictures taken?

    What is the point you are trying to make here?

  5. #1055
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    no bait but please feel free to continue to make up what ever you like
    but yes it is making a comparison, this fact will never change.

    would you like proof that your post is 100% wrong and it is a comparison?
    lets simply look at what you said and the definition of the word comparison.
    you claim he simply stated they are sins right? sins being a singular definition of many things would in fact be a label or category of things.

    now lets look at the definition of comparison.


    Comparison
    : the act of suggesting that two or more things are similar or in the same category
    Comparison - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

    the fact is it was and is a comparison no amount of opinion will change that fact.

    Facts and links proof your statement wrong, your mistake.
    Your mistake.

    You are late to the game.
    First of all I already said he stated they were sins. I do not need to say that is the only comparison made.
    Which is also not the dispute being discussed. Which I am sure you know, which would make your assertion of that which is not being argued, dishonest.
    So get up to date or push on.

    He did not make any direct comparison, as in equate, homosexual behavior to the behavior of bestiality.
    Any such assertion of such a comparison is false and not in accord with the facts.
    Which is what is being argued.
    Which is not simply putting them in the same category of sin.

    So it is you who are proven wrong in your assumption of what was being said, and you would also be wrong if you are asserting that he equated the two behaviors. Is that what you are asserting?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #1056
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,484

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Mason...man, you believe what you will.
    Just like you can.

  7. #1057
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,967

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's her choice as to her calling in life. I'm not sure what level of education Kay Robertson achieved, but helping her husband run a $400 million business empire makes that point seem rater silly.
    Uh-huh, a 15-year old can make her own decisions. GOt it.

    Oh, and on what planet are all the young girls who get married at 15 and 16 helping to run $400M business empires? . On that note though, is it OK for rich old men to marry 15-year olds?



    Hah, you are sooooo stupid and hate filled. By your mind bogglingly idiotic interpretation of what an ephebophile means every teenager is an ephebophile. I mean seriously, why do you insist of making such idiotic statements? Step away from the keyboard. You are letting your hatred steer your brain into some astoundingly brainless attacks.

    An ephebophilia is the sexual attraction to adolescent girls. An ephebophile remains perpetually attracted to adolescent girls. Marrying young and remaining sexually attracted to that one woman for her entire life is not ephebophilia.
    You are honestly arguing Phil meant 16 year old boys marrying 16 year old girls while he's lecturing to middle aged men?

    Is spin to the point of being disingenuous a sin to Christians?

  8. #1058
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Really, you have replied to the same posts over and over again trying to convince calamity she is wrong. If she would just learn to read and comprehend, yes life would be much simpler.
    Really. There would just be something else that needed explaining.
    Which may or may not be easy.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #1059
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,963

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    They should have pulled the Christmas marathon if they did not want to be associated with Phil. All damage is by their own hypocrisy.
    A & E has distanced the network from his comments by suspending him. Keeping him in the show without penalty, would be a continuing association.

    All the damage? There would be no damage but for the comments of Phil.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We can’t get lost in discrimination. We can’t get lost in B.S. We can’t get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  10. #1060
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,567

    re: 'Duck Dynasty': A&E warned Phil Robertson about speaking out too much [W:1111]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Just like you can.
    I appreciate that. That's what makes America great.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •