Page 42 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #411
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    For any undecided people reading this, note:

    I have made rational arguments, showing why sodomy is wrong.

    And those arguing against me have called me a "complete raging hypocrite", a "depraved busybody", and "doomed".

    You can see which position is supported by reason, and which one is backwards illogical thinking.
    No, you haven't made any rational arguments why sodomy is wrong. And if you look at the definition of "sodomy" that includes oral sex as well. I think you are going to have a real big problem convincing the majority of people in the U.S. that oral sex is wrong. Maybe you like a boring sex life, but most don't.

  2. #412
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, you haven't made any rational arguments why sodomy is wrong. And if you look at the definition of "sodomy" that includes oral sex as well. I think you are going to have a real big problem convincing the majority of people in the U.S. that oral sex is wrong. Maybe you like a boring sex life, but most don't.
    Yes I did. I'm aware of that. Reasonable people don't believe that objective truth bends to popular opinion.

  3. #413
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Yes I did. I'm aware of that. Reasonable people don't believe that objective truth bends to popular opinion.
    Well the majority of people don't follow your idea of "reasonable", which is a good thing. So you have just proven your ideas irrelevant to todays time. Thank you for that. Oh BTW, the idea of "reasonable" is subjective. The majority of people don't find oral sex wrong. It seems YOUR view on sodomy is archaic and best left to the grave when you pass. Good riddance when that happens.

  4. #414
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well the majority of people don't follow your idea of "reasonable", which is a good thing. So you have just proven your ideas irrelevant to todays time. Thank you for that. Oh BTW, the idea of "reasonable" is subjective. The majority of people don't find oral sex wrong. It seems YOUR view on sodomy is archaic and best left to the grave when you pass. Good riddance when that happens.
    Absolute ludicrousness, reason is objective, whether an individual person feels that sodomy is wrong is subjective. Oh the absolute arrogance of most modern people, tonking that we know better than virtually everyone who has come before, when in reality we are even less civilized then they were.

  5. #415
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It seems YOUR view on sodomy is archaic and best left to the grave when you pass. Good riddance when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    And those arguing against me have called me a "complete raging hypocrite", a "depraved busybody", and "doomed".
    And now I've been wished dead as well. How reasonable and tolerant. Make no mistake, this display of hatred shows the true face of the anti-God crowd.

  6. #416
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Absolute ludicrousness, reason is objective, whether an individual person feels that sodomy is wrong is subjective. Oh the absolute arrogance of most modern people, tonking that we know better than virtually everyone who has come before, when in reality we are even less civilized then they were.
    Oh how cute, someone who thinks they know whats best for everyone else. How archaic of you. Well we know where we place archaic things eventually.

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    And now I've been wished dead as well. How reasonable and tolerant. Make no mistake, this display of hatred shows the true face of the anti-God crowd.
    Nope I don't WISH you dead. I just am not going to shed a tear when your fate happens naturally. BTW I'm not ANTI-God, I'm just not PRO-YOUR God.

  8. #418
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    For any undecided people reading this, note:

    I have made rational arguments, showing why sodomy is wrong.

    And those arguing against me have called me a "complete raging hypocrite", a "depraved busybody", and "doomed".

    You can see which position is supported by reason, and which one is backwards illogical thinking.
    You haven't made reasonable arguments. You have said sodomy is wrong because it doesn't lead to procreation; you then say it's ok to have sex even if you know you won't procreate. Those two things don't go together. If you are against sodomy because it doesn't lead to procreation, you should be against any sex except that done when you have a good reason to think pregnancy will result.

    This is actually one of the things very different for humans - unlike other animals that mate only when a female is in heat - and thus likely to get pregnant - humans can mate at any time; we get aroused even outside of being of heat. This is how "nature" has made us, if you want to use that terminology. We are lucky that we can enjoy the closeness and bonding of sex at any time. And that we can "get off" in lots of different ways - whether oral stimulation, by hands, by vibrators, by anal sex, by cock between breasts, by all the other many variations we have dreamed off.

    AND we can procreate even if we aren't a male/female pairing due to IVF.

    Isn't it an amazing thing where our brains, talents, creativity combined with a nature that allows us to enjoy this at any time, not just when the female is in heat?

    And you worry about the gender of the people involved or the type of act? Oh, what a narrow world you must have!

    Again - because you have contradicted yourself - "sex is for procreation but yes you can have sex if you know you are infertile" makes your one argument against sodomy is invalid and not rational

  9. #419
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by paddymcdougall View Post
    You haven't made reasonable arguments. You have said sodomy is wrong because it doesn't lead to procreation; you then say it's ok to have sex even if you know you won't procreate. Those two things don't go together. If you are against sodomy because it doesn't lead to procreation, you should be against any sex except that done when you have a good reason to think pregnancy will result.

    This is actually one of the things very different for humans - unlike other animals that mate only when a female is in heat - and thus likely to get pregnant - humans can mate at any time; we get aroused even outside of being of heat. This is how "nature" has made us, if you want to use that terminology. We are lucky that we can enjoy the closeness and bonding of sex at any time. And that we can "get off" in lots of different ways - whether oral stimulation, by hands, by vibrators, by anal sex, by cock between breasts, by all the other many variations we have dreamed off.

    AND we can procreate even if we aren't a male/female pairing due to IVF.

    Isn't it an amazing thing where our brains, talents, creativity combined with a nature that allows us to enjoy this at any time, not just when the female is in heat?

    And you worry about the gender of the people involved or the type of act? Oh, what a narrow world you must have!

    Again - because you have contradicted yourself - "sex is for procreation but yes you can have sex if you know you are infertile" makes your one argument against sodomy is invalid and not rational
    Reasonable people can see the difference between a deliberate human act and a natural occurrence. It's that simple really.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Reasonable people can see the difference between a deliberate human act and a natural occurrence. It's that simple really.
    What is that difference? And is there something that makes them 'morally' different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •