Page 37 of 152 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Haha right, now all sudden you want to claim that you're obsessed with others' sexual activity independent of any scripture. Please tell what "2000 years of philosophy" that doesn't depend on revelation condemns blowjobs. Since it's possible to orgasm hundreds of times during that month-long window, and only once will lead to pregnancy, and it's even possible to have nonprocreative sex during pregnancy, your "separates procreation from sex" is as arbitrary as it gets. It makes no difference! One pregnancy either way. Your argument is like flashback to Hippocrates-era belief that we have limited "seed" and to waste it means she can't get pregnant.

    So your real issue is with gays, and being gay, they won't reproduce either way. Your proposed draconic law would have 0 effect on that. Again, that's totally arbitrary and capricious. Russia is ----> (that way)
    I'm not obsessed. I didn't say that my beliefs are not guided by revelation, only that the conclusions can be reached based on natural reason alone. While the Christian philosophical tradition exists only because of the Christian revelation, that does not mean that it's conclusions regarding sodomy require revelation, rather they can be reached using a sound anthropology (in the philosophical sense of the word). Distinguishing based on what happens naturally as opposed to deliberate human actions is not in any way arbitrary.

    So what you're saying is that you don't know what the word "draconian" means either?

  2. #362
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I'm not obsessed. I didn't say that my beliefs are not guided by revelation, only that the conclusions can be reached based on natural reason alone. While the Christian philosophical tradition exists only because of the Christian revelation, that does not mean that it's conclusions regarding sodomy require revelation, rather they can be reached using a sound anthropology (in the philosophical sense of the word). Distinguishing based on what happens naturally as opposed to deliberate human actions is not in any way arbitrary.

    So what you're saying is that you don't know what the word "draconian" means either?
    Any law is based on human actions and not "what happens naturally," unless you're talking about "black codes" and such. Procreative sex is also, yeah, human action. So what i said about one pregnancy despite any other actions still applies. I suppose since artificial insemination is unnatural, you want to arrest them too, even though it leads to procreation.

    Yes i would say you're obsessed. It's really creepy as hell and pointlessly oppressive. You're right, i should not have said draconian. That would imply a crime was committed. What you're proposing is more like totalitarianism. Say hi to comrade putin for me.

  3. #363
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,591

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    That has no constitutional basis, in fact, it goes against equal protection as defined by the 14th amendment. The belief that "good" discrimination can exist still acknowledges that discrimination is legal for the gov't. There is no constitutional basis for a citizen being charged with a civil rights violation.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Any law is based on human actions and not "what happens naturally," unless you're talking about "black codes" and such. Procreative sex is also, yeah, human action. So what i said about one pregnancy despite any other actions still applies. I suppose since artificial insemination is unnatural, you want to arrest them too, even though it leads to procreation.

    Yes i would say you're obsessed. It's really creepy as hell and pointlessly oppressive. You're right, i should not have said draconian. That would imply a crime was committed. What you're proposing is more like totalitarianism. Say hi to comrade putin for me.
    Humans are not responsible for natural processes, which is why having sex while infertile is not immoral. I do believe that artificial insemination should be prohibited.

    Well that just shows that you're intolerant of opinions that you disagree with, since you consider me "obsessed" merely because I disagree with you. The United States was not totalitarian until the 1960's, unless of course you don't understand what totalitarianism is, which I suspect is the case.

  5. #365
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,591

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    If you want to argue that you've a constitutional right to to buy booze on sunday i'm all for that (i would argue 1st amendment though). The fact it's not sold in your area currently is no reason to deny equal protection to gays though.
    How does one man and one woman discriminate against either any man or any woman? What you seem to want is for a "strong personal desire" to trump the will of the majority. GLBT status is not mentioned in the constitution. If I start a hum while walking club, that does not mean that no one can discriminate against those that hum while walking? This notion that "protected classes" can be formed (based on ideas/desires) and are therefore "just like" races, religions or genders is nonsense.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #366
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    How does one man and one woman discriminate against either any man or any woman? What you seem to want is for a "strong personal desire" to trump the will of the majority. GLBT status is not mentioned in the constitution. If I start a hum while walking club, that does not mean that no one can discriminate against those that hum while walking? This notion that "protected classes" can be formed (based on ideas/desires) and are therefore "just like" races, religions or genders is nonsense.
    Sexual orientation is an identity one is born with, exactly like race or gender. It's not "hum walking club." That you even compare it to that is insulting. No, i don't care what bigot voters from 2004 in utah want. That they don't get to oppress only makes me laugh and, well, gay in the pleased sense.

  7. #367
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,591

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Sexual orientation is an identity one is born with, exactly like race or gender. It's not "hum walking club." That you even compare it to that is insulting. No, i don't care what bigot voters from 2004 in utah want. That they don't get to oppress only makes me laugh and, well, gay in the pleased sense.
    That is totally "unfair" to bisexuals, as they must get to marry one of each to be fair. I suggest that it is unlike race or gender since that characteristic is neither recognizable at birth, immutable nor included on a census form and, more importantly, is not mentioned by the constitution or any amendment. It is entirely a self declared characteristic, therefore no different than membership in a hum while walking club.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #368
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is totally "unfair" to bisexuals, as they must get to marry one of each to be fair. I suggest that it is unlike race or gender since that characteristic is neither recognizable at birth, immutable nor included on a census form and, more importantly, is not mentioned by the constitution or any amendment. It is entirely a self declared characteristic, therefore no different than membership in a hum while walking club.
    Gender is not mentioned in the constitution either, not are a lot of other things covered by the 14th. You probably just object to the comparison because you think gays are inferior or something. Every recent court decision and scientific finding disagrees with your assertion that it's not a bona fide identity. As to being "self declared," you know very well some cannot hide it any more than they can their race. Also, why the hell would a heterosexual marry someone of the same sex? Merely asking for the right to marry should legitimate that they are in fact gay.

    I've no idea what the census has to do with it, but they could easily add the question.

    I'm fine with bisexuals marrying both if it will end this objection, but i doubt it would.

  9. #369
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Trying to decide whether you're a POE or a RINO
    I am certainly no republican (or democrat).

  10. #370
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,793

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I'm not obsessed. I didn't say that my beliefs are not guided by revelation, only that the conclusions can be reached based on natural reason alone. While the Christian philosophical tradition exists only because of the Christian revelation, that does not mean that it's conclusions regarding sodomy require revelation, rather they can be reached using a sound anthropology (in the philosophical sense of the word). Distinguishing based on what happens naturally as opposed to deliberate human actions is not in any way arbitrary.

    So what you're saying is that you don't know what the word "draconian" means either?
    Are you vaccinated? Gotten on an airplane? Using a computer? These are decidedly unnatural. Why is sex unique in the worldvaa being deserving of this "unnatural, therefore wrong and bannable" Status?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •