Page 23 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #221
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so tell me why have their been court cases, of people who object to what the school is doing concerning homosexuality?

    why has a MASS judge ordered that kids will learn, about homosexuality past, and present.



    every time I argue this situation I get the same answer don't like it leave, or coarse then the shoe is on the other foot, its different.

    history.... back in the 1950's the public school system taught homosexuality was wrong.......that's unconstitutional, because the government is using the gay peoples tax money against them.

    and it works the other way around.
    Why are you against kids learning history? You want them only to be taught certain parts of history and censor the rest? Sounds like you only want kids taught white ango saxon history. Sorry....but there are a lot of other parts of history that have a bearing on this country, including black history, civil rights etc.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #222
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The left is constantly trying to brainwash our children. They tried it with my son and now my grand children.........It did not work with any of them.
    I think what you meant to say is the left tried to educate your children, however your propaganda was successful in brainwashing them. That would be a lot more accurate.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #223
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    that by paying taxes everyone has a voice in how the school will be run,...however that running cannot violate anyone rights.


    do you believe schools could teach Jesus was a drunk jew who was crazy, and though he was the son of god...how long to you think that would last?
    Paying taxes doesnt mean you can force the govt to discriminate...in schools or anywhere else.

    And PUBLIC schools should not teach ANYTHING about Jesus...unless it is in a religion or philosophy class...and since when do schools teach lies? Are you saying gays are lying to students?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so tell me why have their been court cases, of people who object to what the school is doing concerning homosexuality?

    why has a MASS judge ordered that kids will learn, about homosexuality past, and present.



    every time I argue this situation I get the same answer don't like it leave, or coarse then the shoe is on the other foot, its different.

    history.... back in the 1950's the public school system taught homosexuality was wrong.......that's unconstitutional, because the government is using the gay peoples tax money against them.

    and it works the other way around.
    I dont know anything about what Mass is teaching. But if it is 'factual,' then I dont see how there can be any objection? I dont see the need, not when there are many more important subjects IMO but it may go to my point about 'inclusion' and providing an accepting, positive, safe learning environment for ALL children.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #225
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well this shows your don't understand what I am talking about. I have not wanted schools to teach religious valves, ...but I don't want schools teaching values, of those who happen to be seating in seats of power either.

    people have rights, and they should not be violated, because you or I or politcans think doing something is a good idea.
    You are right. I have no idea what you're talking about.

    Your rights are not violated by what is taught in our public schools. They do teach tolerance, but I don't know why you don't like that.

    So I have no idea why you are complaining.

    As far as I can tell, you want YOUR religious value of "gays are yucky" to be taught in the schools. That's not going to happen. But it doesn't ruin your kids' education if they don't hear that.

    So what IS your point? You don't have the right to insist kids be taught falsehoods in public school because that's what your religion preaches.

  6. #226
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They dont teach that. Anymore than they teach that heterosexuality is socially acceptable. Do they do that? If so, how? Because THAT would be teaching morality as well.
    DAMN. DO SCHOOLS DO THAT? I want my money back! I want my kids taught that heterosexuality is a foul thing that leads to rapes, sexual assault, and ickiness!!! do they really teach that??? I need to sue!!!!

  7. #227
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so tell me why have their been court cases, of people who object to what the school is doing concerning homosexuality?

    why has a MASS judge ordered that kids will learn, about homosexuality past, and present.

    .
    Any links on that?

  8. #228
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so tell me why have their been court cases, of people who object to what the school is doing concerning homosexuality?

    why has a MASS judge ordered that kids will learn, about homosexuality past, and present.


    WHAT!!!!! Kids will be taught that homosexuals are human beings just like heterosexuals? Seriously!!!! What's next, schools will teach that blacks are normal people and not inferior to whites? Well....we certainly cannot have that. What are our public schools coming to, after all!!!!
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #229
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. Do you have no understanding of how caselaw works? You might want to educate yourself on the judicial process and then come back to the discussion.
    You better explain it, because I'm not a lawyer or judge or anything (and I prey to God that you are not!). Please tell how that gets written into the Constitution, or, in other words, amends it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #230
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You better explain it, because I'm not a lawyer or judge or anything (and I prey to God that you are not!). Please tell how that gets written into the Constitution, or, in other words, amends it.
    I actually am a lawyer and have been one for about 25 years. The explanation is simple. There are two ways that laws are made in this country, one is by legistlative drafting of the laws and the other is through the courts interpreting the laws and Constitutions. This is called "Caselaw"....and the foundation of our court system. Walk into a law library and you will see volumes upon volumes of published case digests where the caselaw is published. If you pick up a legal opinion, you will see judges referring to previous caselaw (aka "precedent") when they cite their cases. Loving v. Virginia was a case brought before the Virginia Supreme Court. There was no clear interpretation of the law. The holding in Loving thus became caselaw and binding "precedent" in the state of Virginia...and later the US Supreme Court. Thus, through Loving, the right to marriage was recognized as a fundamental right of this country.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •