Page 22 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #211
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sure it is. You asked why it is ok for a school to teach values, but not teach religion....simple....the Constitution prohibits the state from being involved in religion. It does not prohibit the state from involvement in teaching values. Perhaps you are one of those who believe that only those who are religious zealots have values....?
    wrong.... the government has no moral authority at all...if it did, I could tell us what to eat drink and run our very lifes....nothing in any constitution givers government that authority

  2. #212
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    I didn't say they are teaching the act........they are teaching it is sociality acceptable in our society and government has no authority to do that.

    you and the people who believe as you do ,to not own the public school system, to run it according to your dictates.

    people as yourself, hate the idea of force when it is used on you, however love to use it on other people.
    Why do you believe that it is it not ok for schools to teach that blacks should be treated the same as whites just because some bigot finds that teaching "morally reprehensible" since their "moral values" are that whites are superior to blacks?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #213
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If you belong to a church that teaches hatred, bigotry, discrimination ....then your religion is teaching you all the wrong values...certainly not true Christian
    values.
    sorry this is not about me.......its about freedom.

    something you do not believe in when it gets in your way.

  4. #214
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Your faith is not being violated....no one is teaching homosexuality. Your kids are just as likely (if not more) to be exposed to adulterers, people living in sin, etc as they are gays and THOSE things are not being taught either. How are you preventing your kids/grandkids from being turned into adulterers or people who live with others without the sanctity of marriage? Or promiscuous teachers? Are they teaching your kids to sleep around?

    You cannot pick and choose in the public school system. If you dont like it, send your kids somewhere else. No one forces you to use the public school system.
    if the school teaches it is society acceptable in the class room it is...because government has not moral authority at all.

  5. #215
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong.... the government has no moral authority at all...if it did, I could tell us what to eat drink and run our very lifes....nothing in any constitution givers government that authority
    You are starting from a flawed premise. The correct analysis would be "nothing in the Constitution prohibits the government from teaching values"....the Constitution is very clear about Government being involved in Religion. It really is that simple if you read and understand the Constitution.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  6. #216
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if the school teaches it is society acceptable in the class room it is...because government has not moral authority at all.
    They dont teach that. Anymore than they teach that heterosexuality is socially acceptable. Do they do that? If so, how? Because THAT would be teaching morality as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #217
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,782

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    wrong.... the government has no moral authority at all...if it did, I could tell us what to eat drink and run our very lifes....nothing in any constitution givers government that authority
    LOL, what's moral about what we eat and drink? How about what we wear?

    Are you sure you know what 'morality' is? Or applies to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #218
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I pay taxes that go to schools and have no kids...what is your point?
    that by paying taxes everyone has a voice in how the school will be run,...however that running cannot violate anyone rights.

    Utah passed a law banning gay marriage....its unconstitutional to do that.

    in the sense government cannot pass laws or policies, which promote things which are against ones religious right while making them pay for it,

    do you believe schools could teach Jesus was a drunk jew who was crazy, and though he was the son of god...how long to you think that would last?

  9. #219
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOL, what's moral about what we eat and drink? How about what we wear?

    Are you sure you know what 'morality' is? Or applies to?
    because if government had moral authority over you they could dictate your life, how much you eat, you weight. your health, what you drink.

  10. #220
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    They dont teach that. Anymore than they teach that heterosexuality is socially acceptable. Do they do that? If so, how? Because THAT would be teaching morality as well.
    so tell me why have their been court cases, of people who object to what the school is doing concerning homosexuality?

    why has a MASS judge ordered that kids will learn, about homosexuality past, and present.



    every time I argue this situation I get the same answer don't like it leave, or coarse then the shoe is on the other foot, its different.

    history.... back in the 1950's the public school system taught homosexuality was wrong.......that's unconstitutional, because the government is using the gay peoples tax money against them.

    and it works the other way around.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •