Page 150 of 152 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #1491
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,828

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If the Fourteenth Amendment justifies gay marriage then it justifies me stealing a rich mans car -- That's the ****ing problem and many have figured that **** out by stealing foreclosed homes.
    theres nothing to support nonsense like this, thats why all your arguments have failed.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1492
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,828

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    1.)The equal protection clause justifies anarchy...

    2.) If gays want to lump their "marriage" plight with anarchy, then sobeit.

    3.) BTW anarchy isn't a good reason to put in font of a sane non-political judge...
    1.) false it protects rights has facts prove
    2.) they dont, PEOPLE want equal rights protected
    3.) good thing anarchy has nothign to do with the topic

    do you have anything that to present that isnt easily destroyed by facts and is actually on topic? So far ever post you have made on the issue has failed and lost to facts.

    anything?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #1493
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    See, this kind of a response just indicates you are willfully misunderstanding. I pointed out, as a difference, that a gay couple can not have offspring, while the majority of opposite sex couples can. As in, if we had to depend on gay couples to repopulate the species with same sex relationships, the human race would die out in one genderation.

    You people know what I mean about offspring from two specific people, don't you? Yet you respond as if you have no idea what it means. You point out offspring that are a result of opposite sex couples as examples of gay couples having children. But, I'm in no way surprised, since this is the norm on the left.
    Oooookay. Apparently you think everyone in the country is gonna turn gay if same sex marriage is made legal and somehow surrogates constitute part of a "couple" which kinda shows you regard marriage to be purely sexual. Oh and if someone disagrees with you on any single issue you can discern their entire political lean. Yup, really insightful stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  4. #1494
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You mean having to show an ID to vote?
    No, I don't mean showing an ID to vote.
    I mean all the other Trickie Dickies that you support and then say you don't support the GOP.
    We Democrats believe you should be a USA citizen to vote.

    Haha..... The Fourteenth Amendment is such a vague piece of ****....
    So now you don't like the 14th.
    I bet you're a big fan of the 16th and 17th also.
    Is there anything in the constitution you do like ?
    Physics is Phun

  5. #1495
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    #3 is classic smack
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false it protects rights has facts prove
    2.) they dont, PEOPLE want equal rights protected
    3.) good thing anarchy has nothign to do with the topic

    do you have anything that to present that isnt easily destroyed by facts and is actually on topic? So far ever post you have made on the issue has failed and lost to facts.

    anything?
    Physics is Phun

  6. #1496
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    The equal protection clause justifies anarchy...

    If gays want to lump their "marriage" plight with anarchy, then sobeit.

    BTW anarchy isn't a good reason to put in font of a sane non-political judge...
    So in 10 years of marriage equality in Boston, you would say they're in a state of anarchy? Give me a break.

  7. #1497
    Professor
    wolfsgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 09:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,140

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    If true (I haven't read anything on it today) that order will be overturned because a judge is stepping over the line doing it....

    Any judge that leaves their politics at home will overturn that in 2 seconds...

    The states case is absolutely stronger than the vagueness of the Fourteenth Amendment.
    This is from the Utah ruling.
    "The court hereby declares
    that Amendment 3 is unconstitutional because it denies the Plaintiffs their rights to due process
    and equal protection under the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution. The
    court hereby enjoins the State from enforcing Sections 30-1-2 and 30-1-4.1 of the Utah Code and
    Article I, § 29 of the Utah Constitution to the extent these laws prohibit a person from marrying
    another person of the same sex."
    https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...c?213cv0217-90
    " May you live as long as you wish, and love as long as you live"
    R.A. Heinlein

  8. #1498
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    There is no need to lie on every post. More irony, that the left's so-called empathy is destroying this country and making things worse for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Just keep pumping out those lies...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Please explain how they are lies. If you think they are lies, then obviously you know the truth...please enlighten me.

    Here you go, please feel free to be specific:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa
    So you couldnt. You then DO recognize that a family thru gay marriage is no different than a straight family that used IVF, has biological step children, adopted, etc?

    Good. See...facts are your friends!
    ...........................
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #1499
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    No, I don't mean showing an ID to vote.
    I mean all the other Trickie Dickies that you support and then say you don't support the GOP.
    We Democrats believe you should be a USA citizen to vote.


    So now you don't like the 14th.
    I bet you're a big fan of the 16th and 17th also.
    Is there anything in the constitution you do like ?
    I like the Tenth Amendment....

  10. #1500
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsgirl View Post
    This is from the Utah ruling.
    "The court hereby declares
    that Amendment 3 is unconstitutional because it denies the Plaintiffs their rights to due process
    and equal protection under the Fourteenth Amendment of the United States Constitution.
    The
    court hereby enjoins the State from enforcing Sections 30-1-2 and 30-1-4.1 of the Utah Code and
    Article I, § 29 of the Utah Constitution to the extent these laws prohibit a person from marrying
    another person of the same sex."
    https://ecf.utd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin...c?213cv0217-90
    How is that?

    Gays are not slaves or indentured servants.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •