Page 131 of 152 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #1301
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    The entire thing is meaningless, I'm just pointing out a big difference. I'm arguing a states rights issue and unconstitutional federal intervention, so this is just a distraction, I don't care all that much about it and I am not using it. So you've been destroyed again. What else is new?
    But it's your distraction. Your side is the one that keeps bringing up "gay people can't have kids with eachother!" Ok. So what? Neither can an elderly couple, so that "point" is entirely irrelevant.

    You still haven't provided the state interest that justifies the gender-based classification that currently exists.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #1302
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    But it's your distraction. Your side is the one that keeps bringing up "gay people can't have kids with eachother!" Ok. So what? Neither can an elderly couple, so that "point" is entirely irrelevant.

    You still haven't provided the state interest that justifies the gender-based classification that currently exists.
    It's just me here, no side or anything. Can gay people have kids with each other? I guess a gay man can with a lesbian. I'm surprised no one has put that one forth yet.

    I really don't care about your state interest B.S. It has nothing to do with the argument that I have made, over and over, so I need not state it again.

    But hey, this is pretty low on the scale of problems that our country is suffering under this administration. The fundamental destruction promised by Obama deserves more attention, though this issue is part of it.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  3. #1303
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    It's just me here, no side or anything. Can gay people have kids with each other? I guess a gay man can with a lesbian. I'm surprised no one has put that one forth yet.

    I really don't care about your state interest B.S. It has nothing to do with the argument that I have made, over and over, so I need not state it again.

    But hey, this is pretty low on the scale of problems that our country is suffering under this administration. The fundamental destruction promised by Obama deserves more attention, though this issue is part of it.
    The fundamental destruction caused by the Obama administration is that it's just carried on the fundamental destruction of the Bush administration. Gay marriage has nothing to do with it. Gay marriage is a deflectionary tactic so that we DON'T pay attention to the real issues.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #1304
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    It's just me here, no side or anything. Can gay people have kids with each other? I guess a gay man can with a lesbian. I'm surprised no one has put that one forth yet.

    I really don't care about your state interest B.S. It has nothing to do with the argument that I have made, over and over, so I need not state it again.

    But hey, this is pretty low on the scale of problems that our country is suffering under this administration. The fundamental destruction promised by Obama deserves more attention, though this issue is part of it.
    you havent posted any solid argument, not one. If you think you have simply present any facts that support them.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1305
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,578

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    you havent posted any solid argument, not one. If you think you have simply present any facts that support them.
    I'm going to require proper English from you to get a decent idea of what you've been saying this whole time. For all I know, you're on my side!
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #1306
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I'm going to require proper English from you to get a decent idea of what you've been saying this whole time. For all I know, you're on my side!
    translation: you still have ZERO facts to support your failed claims, let us know when you do.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #1307
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    wrong again it has to be a factual equal/civil rights issue

    just cant make it up it has to actually apply lol

    if you disagree simply provide an example of all these groups you speak of and how they will be able to use the precedent of hetero/homosexual marriage in their cases.
    Factual in your use meaning whatever follows your opinion. You wouldn't know factual if it bit you in the ass.

  8. #1308
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation: you still have ZERO facts to support your failed claims, let us know when you do.
    Nor do you have any to support yours. Just your failed opinions based upon nothing.

  9. #1309
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Ditto...
    So you couldnt. You then DO recognize that a family thru gay marriage is no different than a straight family that used IVF, has biological step children, adopted, etc?

    Good. See...facts are your friends!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #1310
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    See, this kind of a response just indicates you are willfully misunderstanding. I pointed out, as a difference, that a gay couple can not have offspring, while the majority of opposite sex couples can. As in, if we had to depend on gay couples to repopulate the species with same sex relationships, the human race would die out in one genderation.

    You people know what I mean about offspring from two specific people, don't you? Yet you respond as if you have no idea what it means. You point out offspring that are a result of opposite sex couples as examples of gay couples having children. But, I'm in no way surprised, since this is the norm on the left.

    We do not have to depend on ANY *MARRIED* couples to repopulate the species.

    a) married couples do not HAVE to have children. It is not a requirement of ANY marriage or license.

    b) hundreds of thousands of people have kids and NEVER marry. Gay and straight. Marriage has NOTHING to do with reproduction.

    People reproduce ALL THE TIME. Marriage licenses have nothing to do with it. Reproduction is the strongest of all human instincts...it's not going anywhere.

    So that argument of yours completely falls apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •