Page 12 of 152 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #111
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You ignored the conversation prior. Period.
    No.

    Whatever, though. Obviously, enough people see it for what it is.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #112
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,807

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No.

    Whatever, though. Obviously, enough people see it for what it is.
    Enough people have seen the clarification I've given you in this very thread, yes.

    the use of gender based classifications is currently discriminating against homosexuals. Which part of this statement still makes you believe that I think homosexuals aren't being discriminated against?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,691

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That was nonsense. The word bigot has a clear and definite meaning and using the word properly does not make one a bigot.

    As far as the Tenth Amendment goes, I suggest you re-read it. It says nothing about states having any rights
    from merriam webster

    a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

    you simply dislike his idea's because it is an expersion of his personal and or religious beliefs that meets the definition above.

    yea that is why people talk about the 10th amendment as states rights

  4. #114
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    from merriam webster

    a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

    you simply dislike his idea's because it is an expersion of his personal and or religious beliefs that meets the definition above.
    Yes, I dislike his beliefs but my dislike is not "unfair" which is a requirement in order for my beliefs to be bigoted.

    And no, I dislike his beliefs because of the suffering such beliefs have caused.

    yea that is why people talk about the 10th amendment as states rights

    And some people talk about the lunar landing as "a scam"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #115
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So it doesn't affect you. You're admitting that?
    Ok, so tell me again why you think you have the authority to deny this to someone?
    Wait, you agree that same sex couples getting together are different, and doesn't constitute a marriage?
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  6. #116
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Enough people have seen the clarification I've given you in this very thread, yes.

    the use of gender based classifications is currently discriminating against homosexuals. Which part of this statement still makes you believe that I think homosexuals aren't being discriminated against?
    As a matter of law, which is what this is about, probably because you keep demanding someone show you how marriage laws exclude homosexuals from marrying.

    After saying things like this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    No, same-sex marriage bans are a classification of gender, not sexuality. There are no laws regarding sexuality in marriage.
    And continuing to do so after it's shown time after time after time that courts reject your argument and say that yes, marriage laws on their face discriminate against homosexuals, while rejecting "gender classification" as an argument.

    I don't know why you insist on sticking your finger into that light socket over and over, but indeed you do.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  7. #117
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    No...you STATED it trampled on marriage, you STATED that another view was being "inflicted" on you. I cant care or not care if you dont explain how SSM affects you.

    And civil unions for SSM instead of marriage is the unConstitutional 'separate but equal'... It's a specific example just like the ones you used.
    As I showed before, that is false.

    Others have quoted where marriage is an enumerated right, here in this thread. *I* have based my argument on what several justices have, discrimination. If the govt is going to accord benefits, privileges, and legal rights to marriage, then it is discriminatory to deny gays those same things. That has been judicial opinion.
    Well, I'll have to look back in the thread to see what quote from the Constitution says what marriage is and why it now includes same sex couples. We've had some pretty horrific SC rulings in the past.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  8. #118
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    As I showed before, that is false.


    .
    It's false that you are affected by SSM? Well done then. as for 'separate but equal' not being Constitutional, well, that is fact and a matter of record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Bigots are defined by their beliefs, which are bigoted. I won't call you a bigot but I will say that your beliefs are bigoted. This is amply demonstrated by how you believe that a marriage is between a man and a woman when the facts show that it can also be between a man and a a man, or a woman and a woman.
    Well, you can call me a bigot if you want, which is wrong, and in my opinion, lacking any intelligence.

    And as far as states rights goes, it doesn't exist. Governments do not have any rights; only powers. Your belief to the contrary, is contrary to the facts, so this belief of yours is equally bigoted.
    That's right, it's really powers for the States, not rights. Power for the people too. Mincing words, though. But, go right ahead.

    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #120
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Well, you can call me a bigot if you want, which is wrong, and in my opinion, lacking any intelligence.
    What is lacking in intelligence (and bigoted) is your belief that marriage is only between a man and a woman when there are thousands of marriages between people of the same sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •