Page 117 of 152 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #1161
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Come up with something new, factual, or interesting please. You are beginning to bore the hell out of me.
    your boredom is of no concern of ours and facts have already been presented by me and multiple posters that destroyed your post, now your job is to admit you were factually wrong, provide any facts that support your defeated post or let the destruction continue.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1162
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It says that under your name too, lol.

    Yeah, I had a massive failure there.... what can I say? OOPS!!! (grin)

  3. #1163
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    You brought up the race factor and are using it as a basis to redefine marriage to include, not a race component, but a gender component. Namely, to expand it to include same sex. Race has nothing to do with it, yet you feel it does. The correlation is weak, at best.

    And I'll say again, I don't think that our federal government has the power to intervene here, it is a state issue.
    You don't think the federal government has the power to block unconstitutional laws? Why not?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #1164
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Out of curiosity, were you wondering if I was a firetruck?

    I kid, I kid.
    Prove it, show me your bells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #1165
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,038

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Prove it, show me your bells.
    Well, I think that's an extremely inappropriate question and tha--

    Oh...bells! Bells! Right, never mind.

  6. #1166
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    06-01-14 @ 01:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    18

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    This looks like as good a place as any to put my soapbox.

    I am a registered libertarian and self described atheist constitutional conservative. I am confident that I can articulate conservative principles and refute leftist fascism(modern western liberalism) as well or better than anyone you know. My point. The opinion stated below is that of a conservative. I am not a conservative who is liberal on this subject or conservative fiscally but liberal socially. I am a conservative and my position regarding this issue is based on conservative principles and i can defend it from a conservative stance.

    The "equal protection under the law" interpretation of the 14th ammendment has long been considered, by conservatives, to be a valid originalist interpretation of the constitution. As it should be. It is not another progressive pimple full of make-it-up-as-you-go puss their imaginary friend, the living breathing constitution of convenience. FYI; it means basically that all people are to be treated the same in the eyes of the law(I.e.courts,the IRS,law enforcement,etc...the government). That sounds good right? That's because it is. It is a solid principle,one that strengthens individual liberty and supports justice. It is a principle that should be defended. Unfortunately, much like freedom of speech,religion, and expression, it is when this principle is guards sentiments and/or behavior that we find objectionable that defending it is most important. In turn we can only hope that when it is we who are being denied equal protection under the law, those who find our ideas or behaviors objectionable will stand up and support this important constitutional principle on our behalf.
    Does that not have the truthful ring of the kind of real, solid, principled conservatism we all (conservatives) believe can turn this mess of a nation around and away from the cliff? The kind of conservatism we all wish we could convey to the close-minded liberals in our lives, so they can see what we see? The conservatism that, for my money, looks and feels like classical liberalism and enlightenment era idealism? It does.

    Well, then...I'm sure you have figured it out for yourself by now. We must support same sex marriage. We, the right. We, the conservatives. You conservatives who inexplicably are still registered members of the republican party. lol. Regardless of your personal beliefs and feelings,(personally i support gay marriage from a moral standpoint anyway-but that is irrelivant. If you want to debate/discuss that aspect,just ask me. happy to)it is a matter of constitutional principle. If the government is going to be in the marriage business, so to speak,the 14th ammendment insists they must marry same-sex couples as well. Same liscense,same terminology. (remember:seperate but equal is never equal)

    *If you are thinking slippery slope...polygamy,beastiality, incest,etc., stop. it doesnt apply. trust me. i will give one example. Polygamy; allowing gay marriage doesn't mean the govt must sanction multiple marriages." How is that Jayar?" Because....{drum roll}...telling someone you cannot have a liscense to marry so and so because they are already married to someone else does not violate their constitutionally protected civil rights under the 14th ammendment(or any other). They are not being denied based on gender,race,religion,sexuality,etc. they cannot marry that person simply because someone already is. 1 spouse only. thank you. it would be like telling someone they cant assemble on a given street corner at a given time on a given day. why? because someone else is already there on that spot at that time on that day. you haven't been denied your right to assemble. someone has had their right to not be used as a footstool affirmed. Get it? (i dont have a moral prob w/polygamy either,btw. just sayin)

    lets not be hypocrites. the left uses the constitution when it suits them and ignores it when it stands in their way. Keep your religion in your heart and your home and among those who share your faith. Help re-affirm the rule of law under the Bill of Rights, even when it rubs you the wrong way.


    Jayar

  7. #1167
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,816

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    This looks like as good a place as any to put my soapbox.

    I am a registered libertarian and self described atheist constitutional conservative. I am confident that I can articulate conservative principles and refute leftist fascism(modern western liberalism) as well or better than anyone you know. My point. The opinion stated below is that of a conservative. I am not a conservative who is liberal on this subject or conservative fiscally but liberal socially. I am a conservative and my position regarding this issue is based on conservative principles and i can defend it from a conservative stance.

    The "equal protection under the law" interpretation of the 14th ammendment has long been considered, by conservatives, to be a valid originalist interpretation of the constitution. As it should be. It is not another progressive pimple full of make-it-up-as-you-go puss their imaginary friend, the living breathing constitution of convenience. FYI; it means basically that all people are to be treated the same in the eyes of the law(I.e.courts,the IRS,law enforcement,etc...the government). That sounds good right? That's because it is. It is a solid principle,one that strengthens individual liberty and supports justice. It is a principle that should be defended. Unfortunately, much like freedom of speech,religion, and expression, it is when this principle is guards sentiments and/or behavior that we find objectionable that defending it is most important. In turn we can only hope that when it is we who are being denied equal protection under the law, those who find our ideas or behaviors objectionable will stand up and support this important constitutional principle on our behalf.
    Does that not have the truthful ring of the kind of real, solid, principled conservatism we all (conservatives) believe can turn this mess of a nation around and away from the cliff? The kind of conservatism we all wish we could convey to the close-minded liberals in our lives, so they can see what we see? The conservatism that, for my money, looks and feels like classical liberalism and enlightenment era idealism? It does.

    Well, then...I'm sure you have figured it out for yourself by now. We must support same sex marriage. We, the right. We, the conservatives. You conservatives who inexplicably are still registered members of the republican party. lol. Regardless of your personal beliefs and feelings,(personally i support gay marriage from a moral standpoint anyway-but that is irrelivant. If you want to debate/discuss that aspect,just ask me. happy to)it is a matter of constitutional principle. If the government is going to be in the marriage business, so to speak,the 14th ammendment insists they must marry same-sex couples as well. Same liscense,same terminology. (remember:seperate but equal is never equal)

    *If you are thinking slippery slope...polygamy,beastiality, incest,etc., stop. it doesnt apply. trust me. i will give one example. Polygamy; allowing gay marriage doesn't mean the govt must sanction multiple marriages." How is that Jayar?" Because....{drum roll}...telling someone you cannot have a liscense to marry so and so because they are already married to someone else does not violate their constitutionally protected civil rights under the 14th ammendment(or any other). They are not being denied based on gender,race,religion,sexuality,etc. they cannot marry that person simply because someone already is. 1 spouse only. thank you. it would be like telling someone they cant assemble on a given street corner at a given time on a given day. why? because someone else is already there on that spot at that time on that day. you haven't been denied your right to assemble. someone has had their right to not be used as a footstool affirmed. Get it? (i dont have a moral prob w/polygamy either,btw. just sayin)

    lets not be hypocrites. the left uses the constitution when it suits them and ignores it when it stands in their way. Keep your religion in your heart and your home and among those who share your faith. Help re-affirm the rule of law under the Bill of Rights, even when it rubs you the wrong way.


    Jayar
    good post but unfortunately the FACTS and common sense you posted will still be ignored and or denied buy some who arent interested in facts.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1168
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It didnt include, specifically, a 'race component' either until it was challenged and found unConstitutional. It was another 'redefinition,' at least for some state.
    Never the less, it's apples and oranges. Doesn't correlate very well.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  9. #1169
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by agent j View Post
    your boredom is of no concern of ours and facts have already been presented by me and multiple posters that destroyed your post, now your job is to admit you were factually wrong, provide any facts that support your defeated post or let the destruction continue.
    lol!!!, Bob.
    Hey, I just "destroyed" your post! You have been defeated. Hey, I'm getting the hang of this. Just because I say so, and it is true. I have discovered your secret, you are destroyed again.
    Last edited by Anthony60; 01-05-14 at 01:12 AM.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #1170
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You don't think the federal government has the power to block unconstitutional laws? Why not?
    I didn't say that at all.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •