Page 109 of 152 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1516

Thread: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage[W:780]

  1. #1081
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,928

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Let me clear it up for you. Saying anyone can marry someone of the opposite sex and saying anyone can marry someone of the opposite sex that is the same race as they are is not the same.
    Except the logic you used for one argument can equally be applied to the other.
    Last edited by Cardinal; 01-03-14 at 02:43 PM.

  2. #1082
    Guru
    scatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    02-09-17 @ 10:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,721

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Pretty
    Calm down.

  3. #1083
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    nope wrong again its a check and balance they both do this with out the fed the constitution would be meaningless

    fact remains the state cant violate individual rights so its being fixed
    theres nothing in my post that gives the fed more power this strawman of yours is a complete failure.

    NOTHING is changing the fed and for that matter in theses cases the SSCs are doing their jobs
    I see what the problem is. You think that the the federal government can step in whenever it wants to fix something. Actually, they can't. They have to have that power granted by the Constitution.

    Also, the federal government is not on an equal playing field with the Constitution. It is controlled by the Constitution, which was created by the states. The states created the federal government and the Constitution, and may get rid of both or either if enough states decide to do so.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  4. #1084
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    1.)I see what the problem is. You think that the the federal government can step in whenever it wants to fix something. Actually, they can't. They have to have that power granted by the Constitution.

    2.) Also, the federal government is not on an equal playing field with the Constitution. It is controlled by the Constitution, which was created by the states. The states created the federal government and the Constitution, and may get rid of both or either if enough states decide to do so.
    1.) nope you would be wrong again i didnt even hint at such an absurd suggestion. Yet another failed strawman posted by you.
    any other failed arguments you want to present?

    2.) good thing i never suggested this either

    fact remains the state cant violate individual rights so its being fixed
    theres nothing in my post that gives the fed more power this strawman of yours is a complete failure.

    NOTHING is changing the fed and for that matter in theses cases the SSCs are doing their jobs

    let me know when you can present any facts to change this
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #1085
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Let me clear it up for you. Saying anyone can marry someone of the opposite sex and saying anyone can marry someone of the opposite sex that is the same race as they are is not the same.
    actually it is, they are both civil/equal/human rights issues and this is why your example got destroyed.
    Facts, rights, court cases, laws and court precedence all prove this and all prove your post wrong.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #1086
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    actually it is, they are both civil/equal/human rights issues and this is why your example got destroyed.
    Facts, rights, court cases, laws and court precedence all prove this and all prove your post wrong.
    Wow, now I know what happened to Bahgdad Bob! It's you! Have a good day.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  7. #1087
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    Wow, now I know what happened to Bahgdad Bob! It's you! Have a good day.
    translation:you cant defend you failed post. Let us know when you can
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #1088
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I see what the problem is. You think that the the federal government can step in whenever it wants to fix something. Actually, they can't. They have to have that power granted by the Constitution.

    Also, the federal government is not on an equal playing field with the Constitution. It is controlled by the Constitution, which was created by the states. The states created the federal government and the Constitution, and may get rid of both or either if enough states decide to do so.
    LOLOL

    I just realized you dont even know what's going on if you are blaming this on the federal govt...or fearing they are overstepping. The FEDS arent stepping into anything. The people and the states are trying to legalize SSM. When *challenged* (if challenged)....then the courts may end up looking to the fed level SCOTUS to make a decision based on *existing Constitutional law.*

    The feds didnt go looking for this. As a matter of fact, under pressure (IMO), they were pushed to dismantle DOMA.

    Based on the way they have been interpreting several amendments that have been listed here for you, SSM is being examined on sexual orientation and gender-based discrimination. EXISTING law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #1089
    Sage
    Anthony60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Northern New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,521

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    translation:you cant defend you failed post. Let us know when you can
    I posted a very understandable, logical statement. Very easy to read, actually. You posted some mangled, disjointed stream of consciousness and think you just unified quantum mechanics and the theory of relativity.

    I really can't help you when you are going to use your own brand of logic. Fortunately, I've dealt with your type enough that this is no big surprise.
    "We have met the enemy and they are ours..." -- Oliver Hazard Perry
    "I don't want a piece of you... I want the whole thing!" -- Bob Barker

  10. #1090
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 04:17 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,032

    Re: Federal judge strikes down Utah’s ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by scatt
    The parents got them the jobs, not the other way around.

    Child labor laws were enacted to help eliminate the massive state of socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Where do you come up with these things?
    That was a pretty amazing statement Scatt made... wow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •