Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 245

Thread: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

  1. #81
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wtf does that have to do with what you having said, being nice?
    Why should my morals be decided by you? Take homosexuality for example, you may believe it is wrong but I do not, so why should homosexuality be illegal.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Which is not what you originally claimed I was running from. So you are just trying to spin the known facts.
    I have stood by what I said and have not backed down. It is a further erosion of the standards of decency.

    It is also funny you don't understand that that question is irrelevant to what I said.
    Just answer the question. Clear this up for us since we're clearly not reading you properly.

  3. #83
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is not something that needs to be explained as we all know what those standards are, so it is self evident.
    And no it doesn't weaken or change anything I said.
    It is an erosion of standards of decency.
    Do you or do you not oppose making prostitution legal?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #84
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is not something that needs to be explained as we all know what those standards are, so it is self evident.
    And no it doesn't weaken or change anything I said.
    It is an erosion of standards of decency.
    You are only repeating yourself....yet it's obvious that is not an answer that supports anything. It's just your declaration.

    You are aware of the paraphrasing of Einstein's quote regarding doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Why should my morals be decided by you? Take homosexuality for example, you may believe it is wrong but I do not, so why should homosexuality be illegal.
    Why are you asking me about something I never said?

    What I said is that it is an erosion of the standards of decency.
    You are assuming something I did not say.

    Those standards are known by all. Have they not been eroded?
    Of course they have.

    So stop assuming I mean something I did not say.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #86
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Just answer the question. Clear this up for us since we're clearly not reading you properly.
    Irrelevant question is irrelevant.
    I seldomly, if ever, answer irrelevant questions.

    This time is no different.
    I will not be answering your irrelevant question.
    How many different ways do you need to be told?

    It is a further erosion of the standards of decency. That is clear, and needs no further clarification.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #87
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    How would it not? Pimps exist because they peddle an illegal service and act as protective muscle for a vulnerable group of people, consequently they also act as control and distribution pipelines. Remove the illegality and women can actively seek police protection without endangering themselves or their clientele, they can occupy actual property which can take them off the streets, and encourages health and safety regulation instead of police action.

    Prostitution in a globalized world is fraught with complex problems but criminalization is the worst of all possible options. It doesn't prevent women from becoming prostitutes, it doesn't reduce human trafficking, and it doesn't meaningfully reduce their clientele. Legalization doesn't remove pimps, it doesn't end human trafficking, and it doesn't make the job safe for every women. But it makes things more manageable, it increases safety, reduces health risks, and perhaps most crucially it gives people sovereignty over their bodies.
    I bolded part of why it wouldn't. Nor is that last true in any of the places that have legalized prostitution. The effect is always that those new safeguards are only in effect in certain places, still absent on the street where the pimps thrive. Further, legalization takes the "job" as you call it behind closed doors where the police cannot go, after all, it's legal.

    Even worse, this was a court decision and not legislation that may have written in inspections and licensing to safeguard the prostitutes. Now the pimps are free to conduct their business under the shield of legal activity.

  8. #88
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why are you asking me about something I never said?

    What I said is that it is an erosion of the standards of decency.
    You are assuming something I did not say.

    Those standards are known by all. Have they not been eroded?
    Of course they have.

    So stop assuming I mean something I did not say.
    Do you or do you not oppose making prostitution legal?

    The only reason you wouldn't answer this simple question is because the answer is embarrassing or inconvenient for you. As such, I would strongly suggest re-examining your views.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #89
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,197

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why are you asking me about something I never said?

    What I said is that it is an erosion of the standards of decency.
    You are assuming something I did not say.

    Those standards are known by all. Have they not been eroded?
    Of course they have.

    So stop assuming I mean something I did not say.
    What you view as indecent aka morals are different than what I view as indecent.

  10. #90
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Do you or do you not oppose making prostitution legal?

    The only reason you wouldn't answer this simple question is because the answer is embarrassing or inconvenient for you. As such, I would strongly suggest re-examining your views.
    How many times do you need to be told?
    It is like talking to a four year old.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Irrelevant question is irrelevant.
    I seldomly, if ever, answer irrelevant questions.

    This time is no different.
    I will not be answering your irrelevant question.
    How many different ways do you need to be told?

    It is a further erosion of the standards of decency. That is clear, and needs no further clarification.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •