Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 245

Thread: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

  1. #61
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why it was, is irrelevant to this discussion.

    .
    Oh no, it is not irrelevant. If it had a legitimate reason for being illegal...how could they change it unless that no longer existed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Oh no, it is not irrelevant. If it had a legitimate reason for being illegal...how could they change it unless that no longer existed?
    I said it was irrelevant to this discussion, as it is.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #63
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More wrong assumptions on your part.
    Again, you should really stop making such idiotic and foolish assumptions.
    Do you, or do you not, oppose legalizing prostitution?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #64
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Apparently you are incapable of getting it as well. I never said I was. And it is wrong to assume such.
    Yes you did, the implication was and is overwhelming. You registered clear disgust with the notion of legalized prostitution and linked it to 'standards of decency' it follows that you think these laws should remain in place to defend these standards. The question then quite easily becomes why you think you have the right to enforce these standards on other people when it concerns their body? Stop running away and answer.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,954

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I said it was irrelevant to this discussion, as it is.
    No, it's not irrelevant to this discussion. THere was an existing law and CA chose to remove it. They wouldnt remove a law that continues to serve a legitimate purpose, would they? How can we compare and discuss if it was the right thing to do if we dont know the previous reason(s)?

    What was the original reason(s) for prostitution to be illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Yes you did, the implication was and is overwhelming. You registered clear disgust with the notion of legalized prostitution and linked it to 'standards of decency' it follows that you think these laws should remain in place to defend these standards. The question then quite easily becomes why you think you have the right to enforce these standards on other people when it concerns their body? Stop running away and answer.
    You are again assuming that which was not presented.
    I would suggest you stop doing so.

    What was said is that this is a further erosion of the standards of decency.
    Anything else other than that and you are assuming that which has not been said and is not on the record.

    I do not have to answer to your assumptions, or do you really not understand that?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #67
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are again assuming that which was not presented.
    I would suggest you stop doing so.

    What was said is that this is a further erosion of the standards of decency.
    Anything else other than that and you are assuming that which has not been said and is not on the record.

    I do not have to answer to your assumptions, or do you really not understand that?
    Do you think prostitution should be illegal? If so then why?

  8. #68
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Pimps are celebrating? Why? Because women could potentially seek police protection, employment benefits, and secure working environments that would put pimps out of business?
    Because this will have the opposite effect of what you outline. How does this decision in any way put pimps out of business? Pimps don't exist to protect the women from the police. And regardless of how legal prostitution is in any nation, there are still pimps and girls working the street.

  9. #69
    Sit Nomine Digna
    Carjosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,202

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    It's going to happen anyways might aswell tax and regulate it. This might also be economic stimulus aswell.

  10. #70
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:33 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,591

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are again assuming that which was not presented.
    I would suggest you stop doing so.

    What was said is that this is a further erosion of the standards of decency.
    Anything else other than that and you are assuming that which has not been said and is not on the record.

    I do not have to answer to your assumptions, or do you really not understand that?
    Funny how you're running away from this simple question:

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Do you, or do you not, oppose legalizing prostitution?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •