Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 245

Thread: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

  1. #51
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    It's Canada and up to them, but the pimps are probably celebrating by beating down a ho tonight. My opinion is that it's terrible public policy.
    Pimps are celebrating? Why? Because women could potentially seek police protection, employment benefits, and secure working environments that would put pimps out of business?

  2. #52
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    Are you incapable of answering a point directly?
    Are you incapable as they are for not knowing the answer was already given?
    Are you as incapable as they are for assuming emotions not present?


    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    You lamented this ruling as a blow to 'standards of decency'
    I said; And the further erosion of decent standards.
    It is. You can not escape that.
    Nor is it something that needs to be explained.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    and when confronted with the accusation that this would be merely an assault on anothers personal liberty by enforcing your morality you've automatically repeated the line about standards of decency. Answer the question. Why should you have the right to tell an individual what they can or cannot do with their own body?
    And there are those assumptions.
    So you are just as incapable as they are. Figures.

    This decision was not about liberty, it was about safety.
    And as stated numerous times now, it is a further erosion of standards of decency.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #53
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are making foolish and idiotic assertions, as I have not backed down one bit from what I said.
    You are continually running away from the facts that you oppose the legality of prostitution on the basis of "decency," and that said decency is more important to you than either "safety" or "liberty." If it weren't more important to you, then you wouldn't be so opposed.

    I do not believe I'm the one coming off as "foolish" and "idiotic" here.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #54
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I do not believe I'm the one coming off as "foolish" and "idiotic" here.
    Said the one making idiotic and foolish assumptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    You are continually running away from the facts that you oppose the legality of prostitution on the basis of "decency," and that said decency is more important to you than either "safety" or "liberty." If it weren't more important to you, then you wouldn't be so opposed.
    And again with more assumptions. iLOL

    I have not run from what I said.
    It is a further erosion of standards of decency.

    It is you who wishes to assume and/or impart more to my words than I said.
    I would suggest you stop making false claims, but know words of wisdom are not listened to by those who wish to make foolish assumptions.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #55
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,926

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Putting it a different way doesn't change the outcome.
    And it was a crime for a reason. Some just don' t find that reason justifiable, which just shows a further erosion of decency.

    As far as we know the Canadian Parliament could pass a 200% tax on it, or something equally as ridiculous to try to exterminate the practice.
    What was the reason that prostitution was a crime?

    And WA and CO are trying that taxation strategy here in the US, on legalized pot. It's all 'new' and we dont yet know what will work out economically and socially....but you dont repress individual liberty just because you dont know how to handle its decriminalization. Pot laws and laws against prostitution were never Constitutional to begin with IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    What was the reason that prostitution was a crime?
    Why it was, is irrelevant to this discussion.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And WA and CO are trying that taxation strategy here in the US, on legalized pot. It's all 'new' and we dont yet know what will work out economically and socially....but you dont repress individual liberty just because you dont know how to handle its decriminalization. Pot laws and laws against prostitution were never Constitutional to begin with IMO.
    Just more erosion.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #57
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Said the one making idiotic and foolish assumptions.

    And again with more assumptions. iLOL

    I have not run from what I said.
    It is a further erosion of standards of decency.

    It is you who wishes to assume and/or impart more to my words than I said.
    Yes, we already know -- you oppose legalizing prostitution due to "standards of decency." As you oppose legalizing it, you find that "decency" more important than the principles of safety or liberty which would impel its legalization.

    It's a simple fact . . . UNLESS you'd like to go on record as saying you favor legalizing prostitution. That's really your only out. Would you like to?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #58
    Sage
    Sherman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northeast US
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 11:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,774

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Are you incapable as they are for not knowing the answer was already given?
    Are you as incapable as they are for assuming emotions not present?


    I said; And the further erosion of decent standards.
    It is. You can not escape that.
    Nor is it something that needs to be explained.


    And there are those assumptions.
    So you are just as incapable as they are. Figures.

    This decision was not about liberty, it was about safety.
    And as stated numerous times now, it is a further erosion of standards of decency.
    You still haven't answered. I'm not asking about the ruling, I'm asking about you. You do need to explain why it is a collapse in decency standards and furthermore why that matters at all. By what right should you be able to control someone's decisions that they make about their body because of some nebulous and relative concept like 'standards of decency'. Please don't repeat, give an actual answer.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, we already know -- you oppose legalizing prostitution due to "standards of decency." As you oppose legalizing it, you find that "decency" more important than the principles of safety or liberty which would impel its legalization.

    It's a simple fact . . . UNLESS you'd like to go on record as saying you favor legalizing prostitution. That's really your only out. Would you like to?
    More wrong assumptions on your part.
    Again, you should really stop making such idiotic and foolish assumptions.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #60
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman123 View Post
    You still haven't answered. I'm not asking about the ruling, I'm asking about you. You do need to explain why it is a collapse in decency standards and furthermore why that matters at all. By what right should you be able to control someone's decisions that they make about their body because of some nebulous and relative concept like 'standards of decency'. Please don't repeat, give an actual answer.
    Apparently you are incapable of getting it as well. I never said I was. And it is wrong to assume such.
    So the question is irrelevant.
    But the erosion of the standards of decency are apparent.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •