Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 245

Thread: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

  1. #231
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,956

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No I haven' ignored him. He is a new player and I am busy here at home.
    I will prepare my answer and post when time permits.

    But way to be wrong with your assumptions again.
    Considering he asked the same question as everyone else, and you say you've already answered it, and call people dishonest for saying you haven't . . . what's to "prepare"?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #232
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,304

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]Let's focus on the topic only please and leave the personal comments aside. Thanks.

  3. #233
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,208

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    I have no idea why it is illegal to accept money for an activity it is perfectly legal to engage in for free.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    and you say you've already answered it, and call people dishonest for saying you haven't . . . what's to "prepare"?
    More dishonesty. Figures.
    I have pointed out what was dishonest in what was said. Yes. I did that.

    Would you like partial listing of your absurdly asinine, convoluted, and dishonest assumptions?



    You have shown you know exactly what was being said, but falsely claim they are my standards, (just like the others), when they are not my standards.

    And since you folks have shown you understand exactly what was being discussed, I am more than sure that this individual does too.



    Quote Originally Posted by Jredbaron96 View Post
    What do you mean, decent standards? Who's standards?
    I do not believe for one moment that you are asking an honest question, as the information you request is already present.

    Especially as others have shown they know exactly what is being said, but instead chose to wrongly say they were my standards, which they were not.


    What is it you do not understand about decency?
    "Conformity to prevailing standards of propriety or modesty."
    It is common knowledge what it is. Which is apparent from peoples responses.
    Maybe you didn't know, but I doubt it.


    So what is it that you do not understand from that which came before?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And you, as well as others, keep ignoring that we are talking about what a Court in Canada did.
    You keep ignoring that the standards being discussed are those that the Court changed.
    You keep ignoring that those standards were codified into law and were not personal standards.
    You keep ignoring that the removal of those standards is a further erosion.

    Stop playing games.


    Are we talking about what the Court in Canada did?
    Of course we are.

    Are we not discussing the standards that fall under the "prevailing standards of propriety or modesty" and were removed over safety concerns by the Canadian Court?
    Of course we are.

    Are we not discussing standards of "prevailing standards of propriety or modesty" which had been codified into law by the peoples representatives?
    Of course we are.


    Those standards against prostitution, which were enacted by the peoples representatives, being removed by a Court which previously upheld them as legal, is a further erosion of those standards, is it not?
    Of course it is.

    Matters not that you agree or disagree with there removal, nor does it matter if you agree or disagree with the actual standards to say they are being eroded.

    Though the standards still exist outside of the law, removal from enforceable law is still an erosion of those standards.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #235
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,727

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    No one -- I promise you, NO ONE -- is going to read this thread and see it even remotely in the way you describe.

    Your OP provided none, zip, zero, nada "standards of decency" that the "court removed." None. At all. Neither have you. At all.

    And you accuse people of being dishonest for saying so.

    Your entire line of argument is "what I said is true, and I don't have to back it up, because you all KNOW it's true, and if you say it isn't, you're being dishonest." <--------- That is this thread in a nutshell. I defy anyone to read through it honestly and not agree. And anyone with half a brain knows how pathetic that is.
    This was an EXTREMELY accurate thread summary.

    Has a single person in the past 24 pages even remotely sided with him? All I've seen is his whining for pages and pages telling dozens of people they're all liars playing "games" and being dishonest, while simultaneously refusing to ever explain his point. I'm thinking of a new rule for myself that I won't get involved in the 1 man vs the world threads, because it's usually just some troll pushing his extremist views.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #236
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    This was an EXTREMELY accurate thread summary.

    Has a single person in the past 24 pages even remotely sided with him? All I've seen is his whining for pages and pages telling dozens of people they're all liars playing "games" and being dishonest, while simultaneously refusing to ever explain his point. I'm thinking of a new rule for myself that I won't get involved in the 1 man vs the world threads, because it's usually just some troll pushing his extremist views.
    Wrong. And stop whining.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #237
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,727

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong. And stop whining.
    Did you just copy-paste the same rebuttal you've used this entire thread? Mad skills.

    Here's a hint: If not a single person on this thread has agreed with you, you're probably wrong as ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  8. #238
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Did you just copy-paste the same rebuttal you've used this entire thread? Mad skills.

    Here's a hint: If not a single person on this thread has agreed with you, you're probably wrong as ****.
    Here is a clue. We can see that they were dishonest in there assertions.
    Just as you are.
    Not once did I say I was for or against the ruling. Not once. And my opinion of whether I was or wasn't has no bearing on the observation made.
    But people like you want to assume because you think you know something you don't.

    My acknowledgement that it is a further erosion of the standards which were in place, is no different than a person noticing the sun is setting.
    It was nothing more than a factual observation.

    Saying the information wasn't there, when it is, is dishonesty.

    And because bigoted idiots want to try an pigeonhole someone, they assert that which wasn't true. Again, just more dishonesty.
    They make themselves to be nothing but liars.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #239
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,727

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Here is a clue. We can see that they were dishonest in there assertions.
    Just as you are.
    Not once did I say I was for or against the ruling. Not once. And my opinion of whether I was or wasn't has no bearing on the observation made.
    But people like you want to assume because you think you know something you don't.

    My acknowledgement that it is a further erosion of the standards which were in place, is no different than a person noticing the sun is setting.
    It was nothing more than a factual observation.

    Saying the information wasn't there, when it is, is dishonesty.

    And because bigoted idiots want to try an pigeonhole someone, they assert that which wasn't true. Again, just more dishonesty.
    They make themselves to be nothing but liars.
    You do realize that to use the plural pronoun "we", you have to have more than one person on your side, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #240
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    You do realize that to use the plural pronoun "we", you have to have more than one person on your side, right?
    Still not answering to your false assertions. Figures.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •