Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 245

Thread: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

  1. #171
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    ......(everybody likes American girls).
    And why wouldnt they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Why do you want the government in your bedroom?
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Did I ever say I wanted such?
    I keep telling you folks to stop assuming these absurdities.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So you're refusing (again) to explain what these standards are? Do you even know them yourself?
    What you quoted was a clear. Sorry you choose to be purposely obtuse.


    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Everyone else here seems to believe that greater personal liberty is an increase of decency.
    One: That is the first time that has been argued.
    Two: That clearly shows you knew all along what standards were being discussed.

    Three: That argument does not change the fact that the standards as they were have been eroded.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #173
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Can you work any harder at avoiding the question?

    I went back to the article. Those 'standards' are never mentioned...only you brought them up.

    What are they?
    Stop being silly and playing games.
    There has been no avoidance.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #174
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    And why wouldnt they?
    The young ones, the old ones, the shy ones, the bold ones

    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeow.

  5. #175
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    THREAD SUMMARY

    EXCON:
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    What is silly is you asserting you do not know what it is, or that it was further eroded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is not something that needs to be explained as we all know what those standards are, so it is self evident.
    And no it doesn't weaken or change anything I said.
    It is an erosion of standards of decency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You seem to be confused as there is nothing that needs to be clarified.

    It is a further erosion of standards of decency.


    It is you who are assuming it says something it doesn't.
    So again, I would suggest you stop assuming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And again.
    Those standards are known by all. Have they not been eroded?
    Of course they have.


    I do not care if you agree or don't agree with those standards. They have been further eroded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Your questions are irrelevant to that which was said.

    It is a further erosion.
    It is stating a fact.

    Don't read into, or assume anything by that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Bs! You know what they are/were. So I am not going to play that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That is irrelevant to this discussion, as you were previously told.
    They have been eroded.
    You can not say they haven't been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Why don't you recognize it wasn't about liberty but safety.
    That is absurd reasoning.

    And it is an erosion of decent standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Of course it sounds smart to you.
    It still is an erosion of decent standards.

    The others:
    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The facts are, whatever basis the court decided what it decided, personal freedom was increased, which is what RabidAlpaca said.

    The facts also are that you oppose both the safety and personal freedom of the prostitutes based on your notions of "decency."

    ^^^^^^^^^^

    Stated in the interest of accuracy, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    How can they be eroded when we don't know what they are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Are you at least able to admit that "decent standards" is an entirely subjective notion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carjosse View Post
    Everyone's standard of decency is different, it made have eroded yours but it has kept mine the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ok, nevermind. You wont answer because the answer weakens your argument.

    You still have not explained how the law being struck down is a further erosion of decency standards. How was that law maintaining decency standards previously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    OK, so we're on 'wash, rinse, repeat.'

    You keep telling us 'we know what those standards of decency are'. I call BS because apparently...you dont, so it's silly to expect us to.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Nobody knows what your "standards of decency" are. You keep acting like we know, but have refused to explain it for 17 pages. It's getting a little ridiculous now. Either explain it, quote it where it was explained, or shut the **** up about it.
    So which is it, have you already explained it or does it not need to be explained? Why do you refuse such a simple request? Can you not define it yourself? Why do you want the government in your bedroom?
    Last edited by RabidAlpaca; 12-21-13 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #176
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wtf are you talking about?
    Did I ever say I wanted such?
    I keep telling you folks to stop assuming these absurdities.


    What you quoted was a clear. Sorry you choose to be purposely obtuse.


    One: That is the first time that has been argued.
    Two: That clearly shows you knew all along what standards were being discussed.

    Three: That argument does not change the fact that the standards as they were have been eroded.
    Yes, you said you want the government in people's bedrooms, because you see more personal liberty as an attack on "common decency", which you've refused to explain.

    Nobody knows what your standards are, because you won't tell us.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  7. #177
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    So which is it, have you already explained it or does it not need to be explained? Why do you refuse such a simple request? Can you not define it yourself? Why do you want the government in your bedroom?
    You have already shown that you knew exactly what was being discussed.
    Which means your questions were dishonest.

    And again, you can stop assuming that which was not said.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #178
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, you said you want the government in people's bedrooms, because you see more personal liberty as an attack on "common decency", which you've refused to explain.

    Nobody knows what your standards are, because you won't tell us.
    Really I said that? Stop lying.
    I never said that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #179
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You have already shown that you knew exactly what was being discussed.
    Which means your questions were dishonest.

    And again, you can stop assuming that which was not said.
    Nope, nobody here has shown anything to suggest that we have any ****ing idea what you're talking about. You've said the exact same thing over and over again:

    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"
    "IT'S AN EROSION OF DECENT STANDARDS!!!"

    But still, after everybody begging you to explain it, you refuse.

    I can't believe we let ourselves get trolled this long, so I guess that's our own fault. It's like 30 vs 1, nobody here agrees with you, and the courts agree with us. So I guess you can just go be a sad sack by yourself and shake your fist in the air and mumble something about decency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Really I said that? Stop lying.
    I never said that.
    Yes, you are upset that people have more freedom with their bodies. Poor statist. You can't make up "standards of decency" then use the government to enforce it.

    There isn't a liberty loving bone in your body, is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  10. #180
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Canada high court strikes down all restrictions on prostitution [W:232]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Nope, nobody here has shown anything to suggest that we have any ****ing idea what you're talking about. You've said the exact same thing over and over again:

    ...

    But still, after everybody begging you to explain it, you refuse.

    I can't believe we let ourselves get trolled this long, so I guess that's our own fault. It's like 30 vs 1, nobody here agrees with you, and the courts agree with us. So I guess you can just go be a sad sack by yourself and shake your fist in the air and mumble something about decency.

    And I still do not have to explain that which you already know. Which you have even showed you know.
    I do not have to explain that which has already been provided.





    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Yes, you are upset that people have more freedom with their bodies. Poor statist. You can't make up "standards of decency" then use the government to enforce it.

    There isn't a liberty loving bone in your body, is there?
    Poor fella.
    You are hopelessly lost in your own assumptions.
    I have said no such thing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •