Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: Harry reid hospitalized

  1. #21
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Hoping for a speedy recovery.

    On a Political note: I never did quite "get" Harry. The man is a Mormon, a super-religious bunch definitely not known for being overly liberal, but yet all the Conservatives call him a liberal douche bag. Go figure.

    Maybe it's the so-called logic of Conservatives that I do not "get".
    I can't speak for the conservatives, but for me it is how he runs the senate. His tabling of almost every piece of legislation that comes over from the house although the senate has the power to amend, change, add, delete all those poison pills that was inserted. He doesn't let a bunch of legislation even come to the floor for debate. Reid is a highly partisan Democrat who puts his party way above country. He has no respect to the tradition of the senate. Previous senate majority leaders like Mitchell, Byrd, Daschle would condemn him.

    I really dislike him. Not because of his party, his political views or agenda, but how he rules over the senate like a king.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I can't speak for the conservatives, but for me it is how he runs the senate. His tabling of almost every piece of legislation that comes over from the house although the senate has the power to amend, change, add, delete all those poison pills that was inserted. He doesn't let a bunch of legislation even come to the floor for debate. Reid is a highly partisan Democrat who puts his party way above country. He has no respect to the tradition of the senate. Previous senate majority leaders like Mitchell, Byrd, Daschle would condemn him.

    I really dislike him. Not because of his party, his political views or agenda, but
    how he rules
    over the senate
    like a king
    .
    There's a lot of that going around these days.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    There's a lot of that going around these days.
    Yeah, I suppose that is to be expected.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #24
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,762

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, was hospitalized Friday after falling ill in the morning, his office said.
    Mr. Reid, who just turned 74, was going to remain in the hospital as a precaution. As a result, he will not be presiding over the Senate’s final day of business this year.
    ...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/us...alth.html?_r=0

    In a related story, Sen. Chuck Schumer was overheard arguing with Sen. Richard Durbin about changes to the Majority Leader's office décor.
    Harry Reid didn't feel great, so he went to the hospital. Hospital says he is in good shape. Harry Reid is a pussy. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #25
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    We can only hope.

  6. #26
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Harry Reid didn't feel great, so he went to the hospital. Hospital says he is in good shape. Harry Reid is a pussy. LOL.
    I think I heard that he had a mild stroke earlier this year or something....Probably like person that beats cancer, coughs and has to run to the doc for tests....Just a little on edge.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #27
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    God is punishing Reid for lying about his fellow Mormon claiming Romney had paid taxes and is a bad Mormon.

  8. #28
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    i bet his government supplied health care doesnt have any glitches.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, was hospitalized Friday after falling ill in the morning, his office said.
    Mr. Reid, who just turned 74, was going to remain in the hospital as a precaution. As a result, he will not be presiding over the Senate’s final day of business this year.
    ...

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/21/us...alth.html?_r=0

    In a related story, Sen. Chuck Schumer was overheard arguing with Sen. Richard Durbin about changes to the Majority Leader's office décor.
    We know it isn't one of those brain eating amoeba, attacking a Dem like Reid would only starve the poor thing to death.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Harry reid hospitalized

    I think the guy is a terrible politician (as is Boehner)...but so are about 90+% of the others...so even if he's replaced...they will probably suck as much.

    So...get well soon.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •