Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

  1. #1
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Never cared a lot for Woolsey anyway, but he's way out their. Typical haute attitude of intelligence guys.


    WASHINGTON – Former CIA Director James Woolsey had harsh words Tuesday for anyone thinking about giving Edward Snowden amnesty, and argued the NSA leaker should be “hanged” if he’s ever tried and convicted of treason.

    Woolsey, along with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton, spoke Tuesday in Washington in an interview with Fox News.

    “I think giving him amnesty is idiotic,” Woolsey said. “He should be prosecuted for treason. If convicted by a jury of his peers, he should be hanged by his neck until he is dead."

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...cmp=latestnews

  2. #2
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Never cared a lot for Woolsey anyway, but he's way out their. Typical haute attitude of intelligence guys.


    WASHINGTON – Former CIA Director James Woolsey had harsh words Tuesday for anyone thinking about giving Edward Snowden amnesty, and argued the NSA leaker should be “hanged” if he’s ever tried and convicted of treason.

    Woolsey, along with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton, spoke Tuesday in Washington in an interview with Fox News.

    “I think giving him amnesty is idiotic,” Woolsey said. “He should be prosecuted for treason. If convicted by a jury of his peers, he should be hanged by his neck until he is dead."

    Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be
    This guy?
    Woolsey was CIA director when Aldrich Ames was arrested for treason and spying against the United States. The CIA was criticized for not focusing on Ames sooner, given the obvious increase in Ames standard of living;[4] and there was a "huge uproar" in Congress when Woolsey decided that no one in the CIA would be dismissed or demoted at the agency. "Some have clamored for heads to roll in order that we could say that heads have rolled," Woolsey declared. "Sorry, that's not my way." Woolsey was forced to resign.[5]
    We should have hung Woolsley for gross incompetence.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    This guy?


    We should have hung Woolsley for gross incompetence.
    Haha, love it man.

  4. #4
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,137

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Never cared a lot for Woolsey anyway, but he's way out their. Typical haute attitude of intelligence guys.

    WASHINGTON – Former CIA Director James Woolsey had harsh words Tuesday for anyone thinking about giving Edward Snowden amnesty, and argued the NSA leaker should be “hanged” if he’s ever tried and convicted of treason.

    Woolsey, along with former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Hugh Shelton, spoke Tuesday in Washington in an interview with Fox News.

    “I think giving him amnesty is idiotic,” Woolsey said. “He should be prosecuted for treason. If convicted by a jury of his peers, he should be hanged by his neck until he is dead."

    Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be
    Woolsey is correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang
    Woolsey was CIA director when Aldrich Ames was arrested for treason and spying against the United States. The CIA was criticized for not focusing on Ames sooner, given the obvious increase in Ames standard of living;[4] and there was a "huge uproar" in Congress when Woolsey decided that no one in the CIA would be dismissed or demoted at the agency. "Some have clamored for heads to roll in order that we could say that heads have rolled," Woolsey declared. "Sorry, that's not my way." Woolsey was forced to resign.[5]
    The CIA has had an unfortunate history of witch hunts, as well. It's much like information sharing - after 9/11 everyone was aghast at how the FBI (which collects domestic information) and the CIA (which collects foreign information) weren't talking to each other and sharing their data. Now everyone is against that.... the CIA and NSA have access to domestic information. We complain about the walls when they have problems, and then we insist they be rebuilt when we decide we don't like them torn down. We talk about needing to trust our people after we wreck a directorate, and then we talk about the need to emphasize CI when we find a mole. We talk about the need to share information when it turns out that critical analysts didn't get to talk to each other and connect their dots, and then we holler about more strictly enforcing Need To Know when someone turns.

    The nature of competition is that sometimes you lose. Except that we don't like to lose and we like to pretend like our government should have the magical ability to ensure that - given the right processes and people - we don't. So whenever we do we demand change and reform to the system whether or not it is warranted, and having fallen off the horse on the left, we order our public institutions to lean as far as they can to the right. And are then astonished when they fall over again.

  5. #5
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,419

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Capital punishment provides justification for the rationalization of murder.

  6. #6
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Woolsey is correct.



    The CIA has had an unfortunate history of witch hunts, as well. It's much like information sharing - after 9/11 everyone was aghast at how the FBI (which collects domestic information) and the CIA (which collects foreign information) weren't talking to each other and sharing their data. Now everyone is against that.... the CIA and NSA have access to domestic information. We complain about the walls when they have problems, and then we insist they be rebuilt when we decide we don't like them torn down. We talk about needing to trust our people after we wreck a directorate, and then we talk about the need to emphasize CI when we find a mole. We talk about the need to share information when it turns out that critical analysts didn't get to talk to each other and connect their dots, and then we holler about more strictly enforcing Need To Know when someone turns.

    The nature of competition is that sometimes you lose. Except that we don't like to lose and we like to pretend like our government should have the magical ability to ensure that - given the right processes and people - we don't. So whenever we do we demand change and reform to the system whether or not it is warranted, and having fallen off the horse on the left, we order our public institutions to lean as far as they can to the right. And are then astonished when they fall over again.
    I'm as capable of hypocrisy as anyone else - better even.

    I'm not one of the people who felt Bush was responsible for 9/11. If I seem like a Snowden fan, it's because I expected my "transparent" President, Mr. Obama, to be, well, more transparent. Instead, he was just as secretive as his predecessor after being so critical of him. So, while I have plenty of bones to pick with Bush, to me, Snowden is the guy who outed Obama and I can't help but be charmed by that.

  7. #7
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Haha, love it man.
    Hang 'em all, let god sort 'em out

  8. #8
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Hang 'em all, let god sort 'em out
    No no, just the bad ones.

  9. #9
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    No no, just the bad ones.
    Ah, but who gets to choose bad and good?

    It's really just an expansion of Death Panels. By hanging them all, we can't go wrong.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Ex-CIA director: Snowden should be 'hanged' if convicted of treason

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    Ah, but who gets to choose bad and good?

    It's really just an expansion of Death Panels. By hanging them all, we can't go wrong.
    Well you already established in post 2 who the bad guy was/is.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •