Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 118

Thread: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

  1. #61
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,479

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    One more state added to the list of places not to visit, and whose companies I will try not to do business with.
    Yeah, Tigger...the word is out about you. All the gays in New Mexico are waiting...patiently. They know that someday...for some unknown reason...you'll pass through their state...they'll be waiting...and KaPOW! And the merchants in NM...probably won't go broke if you don't do business there.

    So much for Tigger Dynasty...

  2. #62
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,662

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Only if you let it.

    If a gay married EMT comes to your house if you have an accident, are you going to refuse the ambulance, because he or she may be married?
    Of course he would, because otherwise he'd be a hypocrite.

    Edit: And he'd do the same if he knew that it was a straight person living in sin...unmarried...with someone of the opposite gender. Or someone he knew was cheating on their spouse. It's all living in sin, all the same, all to be 'condemned' and so must be thrust away. To use their services is to be complicit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #63
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,541

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    One more state added to the list of places not to visit, and whose companies I will try not to do business with.
    What's wrong-you afraid some dude is going to propose to you?

    seriously, how does that hurt you at all?



  4. #64
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If you actually read the decisions and Scalia's dissent it is not too difficult to understand where the court is going. Its pretty clear.

    Why do you think Scalia was so upset in his dissent and talked about the "writing on the wall". What do you believe Scalia was referring to?
    You read as you post, with extreme self-confirmational bias. That's preceisely why your analysis of this or any other court decision is suspect.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Only if you let it.

    If a gay married EMT comes to your house if you have an accident, are you going to refuse the ambulance, because he or she may be married?
    yeah they all wear badges telling these things

  6. #66
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,012

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    One more state added to the list of places not to visit, and whose companies I will try not to do business with.
    You must have a real big shopping bill. Because living in New England you must not be able to do business with any companies in the region you live in.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  7. #67
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You read as you post, with extreme self-confirmational bias. That's preceisely why your analysis of this or any other court decision is suspect.
    What do you believe Scalia was referring to when he said that the writing in on the wall? Do you think he was referring to graffiti?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #68
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What do you believe Scalia was referring to when he said that the writing in on the wall? Do you think he was referring to graffiti?
    The entire dissent is Scalia railing against a majority he believes has abandoned their oaths and been dishonest in their motives, their judgement and their decisions. It was a pretty emotional analysis of the decision at hand. He contradicts himself several times in the dissent and appears to be fed up with the majority. I doubt any reasonable reader would use Scalia's dissent as a pro or con for ANY argument or prediction.

  9. #69
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,118

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    That's nice, but the majority of computer parts are made in Japan, China and South Korea, none of which support gay marriage, or gays in particular.
    And that has absolutely no relevance whatsoever to what Tigger said. Thank you for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #70
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,784

    Re: New Mexico Supreme Court rules Gay Marriage Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    One more state added to the list of places not to visit, and whose companies I will try not to do business with.
    Too bad... it's rather pretty here and the history is of the richest in the nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •