Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #651
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,905

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I can see why you would not be interested in what men do. Like hunting, fishing, fourwheeling, golfing.
    Got to admit none of those activities ever floated my boat. I greatly preferred to play football, basketball, baseball and run marathons. I still run 2,000 miles every year and have done so since 1976.

    I guess its your turn on the dick measuring contest.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #652
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    Then I'd assume you aren't one of the people who get mad when people are mocked for their sexual orientations, or athiests being mocked for not believing in God among many many examples I could give? People have the "right" to mock, so then simply having that right makes it ok to do?
    Sexual orientation is not an opinion, it's a fact of life. Discriminationg against someone because of it is against the law. Atheism is the default position before indoctrination. (usually parental) I suppose atheists are open to accusations of lacking imagination, since they don't have a friend of that persuasion.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  3. #653
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Why would GQ even get into that line of questioning?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  4. #654
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Sexual orientation is not an opinion, it's a fact of life. Discriminationg against someone because of it is against the law. Atheism is the default position before indoctrination. (usually parental) I suppose atheists are open to accusations of lacking imagination, since they don't have a friend of that persuasion.
    mocking and discriminating are not the same thing. To say that its ok to mock people who are views or anything you disagree with is ok and your right, but then to turn around and say its wrong and discrimination to do it for things you agree with is idiotic and hypocritical. The double standard idea that you seem to be trying to justify is not going work.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  5. #655
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,692

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    You brought the "deth penalty for homosexuals" into this.
    No you did when you compared another poster's views to that of a group of people who execute homosexuals. Like I said earlier, you have no clue what you are talking about.

    I accuse him of having the same mentality like the Taliban because just like them he uses his holy book to justify any of his actions and rejects all counters against him as "unchristian" and therefor not even worth listening.
    Which is like saying someone is the same as the Nazis because they want the trains to run on time. You seem to have no grasp of what it is you are saying and how what you say is likely to be interpreted by those around you. If you don't mean to insinuate that someone believes that all who disagree with them should be murdered then don't compare them to a group that thinks everyone who disagrees with them should be murdered.

    He combines politics and religion and therefor believes that he has the right to claim absolute truth in political debates and to dehumanise and potentialy criminalise all those who oppose him.
    Oh FFS. EVERYONE combines their religious beliefs (or lack there of) with their politics. The rest of what someone might "potentially do" with their religious beliefs is just goblins of your imagination.

    So he is a fanatic and a fascist. Just like the Taliban.
    No, he's not.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #656
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    No you did when you compared another poster's views to that of a group of people who execute homosexuals. Like I said earlier, you have no clue what you are talking about.
    I was talking about his mentality which is similar to that of the Taliban, not about the executing of homosexuals, which he, as a christian fanatic, probably would do if he could.

    Which is like saying someone is the same as the Nazis because they want the trains to run on time.
    Strawman.

    You seem to have no grasp of what it is you are saying and how what you say is likely to be interpreted by those around you. If you don't mean to insinuate that someone believes that all who disagree with them should be murdered then don't compare them to a group that thinks everyone who disagrees with them should be murdered.
    What a bunch of idiotic hogwash.

    I comapred his political mentality, the way in which he claims to have a supreme claim truth in politics on the basis of a religion and can therefor reject everyone else as evil, just like the Taliban.

    Oh FFS. EVERYONE combines their religious beliefs (or lack there of) with their politics.
    But not everybody tries to inforce his religious dogmas on everyone and demonises those who eject his religious dogmas.

    The rest of what someone might "potentially do" with their religious beliefs is just goblins of your imagination.
    you made a funny.

    or tried.



    No, he's not.
    Yes he is, for reasons I have listed and you seem to refuse to adress.

  7. #657
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    I was talking about his mentality which is similar to that of the Taliban, not about the executing of homosexuals, which he, as a christian fanatic, probably would do if he could.
    Are you really comparing Muslim terrorists to this guy on TV? When a person generalizes and make broad assumptions coupled with a polar opposite comparison and labels it all the same, it makes that person appear ignorant. My suggestion is don't do it.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #658
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Got to admit none of those activities ever floated my boat. I greatly preferred to play football, basketball, baseball and run marathons. I still run 2,000 miles every year and have done so since 1976.

    I guess its your turn on the dick measuring contest.
    Don't be worried about my dick.

  9. #659
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    I was talking about his mentality which is similar to that of the Taliban, not about the executing of homosexuals, which he, as a christian fanatic, probably would do if he could.



    Strawman.



    What a bunch of idiotic hogwash.

    I comapred his political mentality, the way in which he claims to have a supreme claim truth in politics on the basis of a religion and can therefor reject everyone else as evil, just like the Taliban.



    But not everybody tries to inforce his religious dogmas on everyone and demonises those who eject his religious dogmas.



    you made a funny.

    or tried.





    Yes he is, for reasons I have listed and you seem to refuse to adress.
    So now he is a closet killer of fags? Please man. Get a grip.

  10. #660
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Are you really comparing Muslim terrorists to this guy on TV? When a person generalizes and make broad assumptions coupled with a polar opposite comparison and labels it all the same, it makes that person appear ignorant. My suggestion is don't do it.
    we now line in an age where people like him feel comfortable with their own brand of hate speech

    atleast they only do it on the internet. being cowardly and all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •