Page 60 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 1658

Thread: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E (W: 742)

  1. #591
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,702

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Your beliefs are not people, they are ideas. The people have rejected your ideas in favor of ours. That is called democracy.
    There's more of us than there are godless heathens. And that's a fact.

  2. #592
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    so I guess in your mind you and the majority the [51%] allow other citizens to have their free speech, protest, pray, assemble, bare a firearm.

    so you dictate to the [49%]
    This strawman has been debunked dozens of times in this thread. Nobody is taking away any of those things. Duck man was free to voice his speech and A&E was free to send him packing.

    Insulting half the country when you are part of a popular tv is dumb, dumb, dumb.

  3. #593
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    There's more of us than there are godless heathens. And that's a fact.
    Luckily we have the separation of church and state.

  4. #594
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,697

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    What do the brown people from the ME and North Africa or Africa in general do?

    Is your argument against Christianity or religion in general?
    My argument isn't against either. I am a religious Christian. All I am saying is that in Christianity homosexuality is a sin, but it is only one sin among many and in the end we will all be judged.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #595
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    The people decided it wasn't ok too, guess what side each of us would be on?
    Im against slavery.

  6. #596
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,917

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Your beliefs are not people, they are ideas. The people have rejected your ideas in favor of ours. That is called democracy.
    I don't think you fully appreciate how inclusive "we, the people" is.

  7. #597
    Professor
    Phil_Osophy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    11-11-14 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,450

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Your beliefs are not people, they are ideas. The people have rejected your ideas in favor of ours. That is called democracy.
    There is a reason we (had) a republican form of government rather than democratic. Rule by the many is uncivilized.

  8. #598
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,529

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Im against slavery.
    That's awesome.

  9. #599
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,702

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Luckily we have the separation of church and state.
    When was the last time you saw us go silent? Never happen. Ever.

    You people eventually die, and the Word of God lives on. Praise the Lord!

  10. #600
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson suspended by A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This strawman has been debunked dozens of times in this thread. Nobody is taking away any of those things. Duck man was free to voice his speech and A&E was free to send him packing.

    Insulting half the country when you are part of a popular tv is dumb, dumb, dumb.
    I would be more careful with your words.

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Yes, that is how it works. We the people decide what is allowed and discrimination is no longer.
    we the people do not decide what is allowed, every citizen has rights, those rights are not subject to "we the people's" approval.

    only when a person has committed a crime, or does something that causes a heath and safety issue to the public does government have the authority to curtail a citizens rights.

    when your on someone's property....you have no exercisable rights...only privileges the owner allows you.

    discrimination is not a crime, and it does not endanger the health or safety of another citizen...

    the 14th amendment states government shall not dicrminate...it says nothing about people or business, because the constitution does not at all limited either of the two.

    Section 1.
    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •